Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, deezid said:

Not that the P4K looks bad, but these sharpening halos (easiliy visible in the thumbnail around the jacket even) make the P4K look way less organic than the original BMCC.

Was shot in either ProRes or Braw. Cdng doesn't show any of these internal processing issues when sharpening in Resolve is set to 0. Still wondering why BMD joined Panasonic, Sony, Canon (since EOS R) etc...

I don't see any 'sharpening halos' on this video or my own BRAW footage - can you post some samples to show this please?

6 hours ago, anonim said:

It might be a nice occasion to compare results of two generations of BM cameras from the same master's DP signature. For me, very hard to judge...

What's with the cyan cast on the 2nd video?

2 minutes ago, anonim said:

Maybe beta tester for https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1436743-REG/fujinon_mk18_55mm_t2_9_m4_3_mk_18_55mm_t2_9_lens.html

Although Filippo Chiesa earlier wrote that conversion was two minutes task to acomplish... 

Whaaaaat??!!!!

I totally missed this type of info.

"The Fujinon MK18-55mm T2.9 Lens is a lightweight cine-style zoom lens for MFT mount cameras with a Super 35mm-sized sensor."

What that even means??!! The only MFT S35 camera is the JVC LS300..

I am in the process of ordering the EF Samyangs anyway, the 24/35/50/85 kit + the 16mm = 1000less € than the MK 18-55, which admittedly is a better solution..

4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Whaaaaat??!!!!

I totally missed this type of info.

"The Fujinon MK18-55mm T2.9 Lens is a lightweight cine-style zoom lens for MFT mount cameras with a Super 35mm-sized sensor."

What that even means??!! The only MFT S35 camera is the JVC LS300.

Z cam guys & gals are almost ready to introduce a new one these days... ; -)

11 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah they turned a unique, pure  look into a mainstream look. Crazy long term plan to me? What, is every camera suppose to look like a Canon? It is nice for wedding, portrait stuff, but for filming shorts, indie stuff, nah. That stuff is suppose to have a bite to it, gritty,  right in your face stuff. Not Marie Osmond looking. And that is what to me the PK4 looks like. Pure as the driven snow. WTF.

Thanks, it seems to me worth noting - exceptional, yet simple formulation of one point of view valuable for rethinking (being it with or without foundation): unquestionable distinctiveness as quality.

I also took a glance to see who is Marie Osmond :)

If you are not happy with .braw, nothing holds you to go back to CinemaDNG. As simple as that. Well, perhaps only double tap for new update features, you'll probably never use anyway, that's all.

You're also comparing 1080p to 4K, that's your beef on your Apples to Oranges approach and you any naysayer(s) tend to ignore or forget that : )

Moreover, there's no SOC ever at big screen. Big boys such as ARRIs and co included. Post is your friend to help you out with any of your mantra.

3 hours ago, anonim said:

Thanks, it seems to me worth noting - exceptional, yet simple formulation of one point of view valuable for rethinking (being it with or without foundation): unquestionable distinctiveness as quality.

I also took a glance to see who is Marie Osmond :)

I am glad you are more educated as of now. She is the definition of squeaky clean. Nothing wrong with that but...

15 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Doesn't seem like may have a clue how to grade it. I will say it looks nicer than ProRes out of the PK4. Maybe people are just going to have to learn it better.

It looks basically exactly the same lol
Same fringing
same sharpening halos
same noise reduction

15 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

You sure its not processing rather than the codec itself? 

Since the ARRI Alexa doesn't have sharpening halos when shooting ProRes, nor my exported ProRes footage does and Braw and ProRes on this camera look exactly the same on the P4K I really don't think so.

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

If you are not happy with .braw, nothing holds you to go back to CinemaDNG. As simple as that. Well, perhaps only double tap for new update features, you'll probably never use anyway, that's all.

Really didn't switch from the GH5 to the P4K for BMD to apply even more noise reduction aka texture reducer than Panasonic...

1 hour ago, deezid said:

Same fringing
same sharpening halos
same noise reduction

Again show us this in your footage  as I'm just not seeing it in mine. OK at 600% I can see a bit of color aliasing but apart from that for a 1:1 sampling sensor it's remarkably clean. Resolve can have some unpleasant image display artefacts under some of the user options for playback settings where you can trade playback speed for quality but I guess you know this?

4 hours ago, deezid said:

Same fringing
same sharpening halos
same noise reduction

Since the ARRI Alexa doesn't have sharpening halos when shooting ProRes, nor my exported ProRes footage does and Braw and ProRes on this camera look exactly the same on the P4K I really don't think so.

Really didn't switch from the GH5 to the P4K for BMD to apply even more noise reduction aka texture reducer than Panasonic...

Do you own the pocket? I was implying maybe the person sharpened it in post. I don't know though I don't have an eye for spotting this type of thing. 

7 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Question for you guys -

Anyone have any problems getting focus peaking (i.e. focus assist) working?  I have it set to High and tried both colored lines and peaking and don't see anything. Under Monitor, I have Focus Assist turned On for LCD.

It needs a pretty strong contrast to work.