Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

40 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

You can get a female to mini XLR male adapter here (they have mislabelled the picture in the listing).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20pcs-lot-KL-Mini-Xlr-Male-to-3-5mm-1-8-Mini-Female-TRS-Audio-Adapter/32544035870.html

Unfortunately the minimum order is 10 pieces but I suppose it means you would always have spare ones handy !

if someone wanted to do a group buy and resell one they didn't need on ebay and add a couple of dollars for postage i'd be in on buying one

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, ah5168 said:

Pictures of the Tilta F970 Battery Baseplate fitted to the Tilta Cage. You can use the Batery Baseplate fixed directly to the bottom of the camera without the cage. It provides 7.4v and 12v outputs.

With a fully charged pattern NP 970 7800 mAh battery using the 7.4v output I am getting 1hr 35mins of continuous 4k Prores recording to the external SSD.

That's a pretty tidy setup considering how many things are there..  cool :)

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

You can get a female to mini XLR male adapter here (they have mislabelled the picture in the listing).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20pcs-lot-KL-Mini-Xlr-Male-to-3-5mm-1-8-Mini-Female-TRS-Audio-Adapter/32544035870.html

Unfortunately the minimum order is 10 pieces but I suppose it means you would always have spare ones handy !

Great! Ordering now. Will let you guys know once they arrive if anyone else needs one. 

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

I talked today with the official reseller.

Most pre-orders will be serviced until the end of April, and after that they will have a normal flow of cameras. They told me that if I pre order today, they estimate I will have the camera before June.

I think I will do it.

quite a few  people in the bmp4k facebook page are getting theirs. Either bm ramped up production or everyone in the factory is finally back from holidays. I suspect that maybe production might have been a bit  slow while they sorted some minor issues out. haven't heard of anymore battery doors issues. although i have seen someone get one with the buttons upside down a couple of days ago.

• Super Members
2 hours ago, MeanRevert said:

Great! Ordering now. Will let you guys know once they arrive if anyone else needs one. 

Make sure you triple check with that supplier that it is the right one in terms of gender on the mini XLR end as the listing and the image match but as I say the caption on the image is wrong.

They also have a listing for the female ended one that as with that one shows the correct product but with the wrong name on the image.

At least they are consistent with their mislabelling but its worth checking !

I have Blackmagic Cinema Camera as a saved search on my eBay page just in case a Micro or Pocket pops up really cheap and I’ve noticed a significant increase of P4Ks being listed.

So preorders must be filling up pretty quickly now. I guess some people are going to get stuck with 10 P4Ks they won’t be able to sell for a steep profit... lol. 

18 minutes ago, mercer said:

I have Blackmagic Cinema Camera as a saved search on my eBay page just in case a Micro or Pocket pops up really cheap and I’ve noticed a significant increase of P4Ks being listed.

So preorders must be filling up pretty quickly now. I guess some people are going to get stuck with 10 P4Ks they won’t be able to sell for a steep profit... lol. 

Yes, still a wiser choice to wait on that preorder

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Make sure you triple check with that supplier that it is the right one in terms of gender on the mini XLR end as the listing and the image match but as I say the caption on the image is wrong.

They also have a listing for the female ended one that as with that one shows the correct product but with the wrong name on the image.

Thanks for the reminder. Waiting to hear back from them! 

6 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

There's a Mysterious new update that came out today:

What's new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 6.2.1

What's new for Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Improved stability for future software updates

No new features in 6.2.1 for other camera models.

Get it here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/ 

I'm thinking this is to fix the problem with the last setup in that windows users couldn't install 6.2 update without that workaround. 

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I talked today with the official reseller.

Most pre-orders will be serviced until the end of April, and after that they will have a normal flow of cameras. They told me that if I pre order today, they estimate I will have the camera before June.

I think I will do it.

If somehow may help, P4K is already at disposal in Hungary.... (Shop price is about 1500-1550e, if you manage to get back tax, about 1200e)

https://www.gaia.hu/blackmagic-design-pocket-cinema-kamera-4k.html

4 hours ago, mercer said:

For new project with my engagement, listening my advice head of production already invested in 2 second hand BM micro cameras :)

(As you know, their image is unbeatable...)

37 minutes ago, anonim said:

For new project with my engagement, listening my advice head of production already invested in 2 second hand BM micro cameras :)

(As you know, their image is unbeatable...)

I loved my time with the Micro. Being an FCPX user, it was great having those ProRes files to directly import into FC. Unfortunately, I was an early adopter so there weren’t many options for rigging and being a run and gun, hobbyist filmmaker... it just wasn’t practical. Now there are way more options, I even noticed that Fotga recently released a cheap, little 5” monitor that has LUT support and the ability to power the camera... it takes Sony NP batteries. So needless to say, if I come across a Micro for the right price, I’ll surely buy another. 

Heck, even the Micro Studio 4K now exports a Raw signal through its SDI and could be a great little camera to pair with an external recorder. 

57 minutes ago, mercer said:

Heck, even the Micro Studio 4K now exports a Raw signal through its SDI and could be a great little camera to pair with an external recorder. 

Alas, you need at least Blackmagic HyperDeck Studio Pro to get that Raw signal :(

50 minutes ago, nathlas said:

There is not such a high priced camera available in Greece.

All resellers sell from 1050€ to 1200€ plus VAT.

Who is selling for 1050? The 1175 is the lower I can find. And it goes to around 1250+VAT for some shops (do not want to point them out).

1 hour ago, anonim said:

I don't understand why price in Greece is so high, being in EU (and so close) as Hungary?

Haha! Sorry, 1175€+VAT, I blame my mild dyslexia for that!

7 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

They just got back to me. It was mislabeled. It is 3.5mm female to female Mini XLR.  

The quest continues..

My pocket arrived today after 5 months of waiting, how wonderful to turn it on .. and discover a fried pixel in the center of the monitor .. Luckily it's not the sensor ... WTF? 

I ike the camera I can not wait to test it well .. I thought it was a less noisy at 3200 and 6400 from the tests I saw on youtube.. But I must say that the noise reduction in resolve works wonders. The files are rich in information .. Just try to use the qualifier to realize it ..

What would you do for the pixel? I would hate to have to wait any longer ... Now that it's half rigged (out of curiosity, how much did you expect from tilta? I ordered in February ... the wait continues)

1 hour ago, jack86 said:

My pocket arrived today after 5 months of waiting, how wonderful to turn it on .. and discover a fried pixel in the center of the monitor .. Luckily it's not the sensor ... WTF? 

I ike the camera I can not wait to test it well .. I thought it was a less noisy at 3200 and 6400 from the tests I saw on youtube.. But I must say that the noise reduction in resolve works wonders. The files are rich in information .. Just try to use the qualifier to realize it ..

What would you do for the pixel? I would hate to have to wait any longer ... Now that it's half rigged (out of curiosity, how much did you expect from tilta? I ordered in February ... the wait continues)

If you let their 5-star technical service take care of you, no need to wait any longer than 1 week, as my most fair bet would be same business week with the odds in your behalf : ) You're actually a lucky shooter because this camera is worthy of much more than any waiting... The best acquisition device I've ever used ; -)