Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Lightweight helps. Touchscreen AF works as silk even though depends a bit on the lens firmware you pick. They don't behave all the same. The newer the better.

https://www.thephoblographer.com/2018/03/07/lens-review-7artisans-50mm-f1-1-leica-m-mount-and-used-on-sony-fe/

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2018/05/02/the-china-summi-cron-7-artisans-35mm-f-2-for-under-400-review-by-casey-cavanaugh/

4 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I have the 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.1 in M mount.

The M to MFT adapter I've got doesn't play particularly nice (infinity focus issues) but I've ordered a different one so I'll let you know with regard to the Pocket 4K next week. 

What deal have you ordered?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Is anyone using the Braw player on Mac? I can't get it to work with the .sidecar files, whether they're in the same folder as the clip or not, I always see the raw video, with none on my colours etc. I've done a grade in Resolve, and clicked the 'Update Sidecar' button in the raw properties, but still nothing. Any ideas why?

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Sorry if I am braking your balls guys, but this week I will order a few lenses and I want to make it right.

I will have the lens regain/metabones 0.64X and probably some adapters (no speedboosters)

I am considering:

1) Samyang full frame Canon kit (the cheap one!)

2) Sigma 18-35 (because everyone owns one!)

3) Tokina 11-16 or 11-20

4) Canon 70-200 f4 IS or the new nano 70-300

5) probably some native PZ.

As you see I want to cover most bases.

Do you have any suggestions, advices? Shall I invest more on primes and less on zooms, or vice versa?

On my GH5 with the Metabones 0.67XL speedbooster, both the Sigma 18-35, and the Tokina 11-16 vignette a lot on the wide ends.

Dunno how different the BM 4K Pocket would be...

51 minutes ago, buggz said:

On my GH5 with the Metabones 0.67XL speedbooster, both the Sigma 18-35, and the Tokina 11-16 vignette a lot on the wide ends.

I use the .71 speed booster. I don’t get vignetting. 

8 hours ago, buggz said:

The BM 4k pocket has a bigger sensor so it would be worse. 0.71 is the reducer you need for APS-C lenses.

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Aren't the Tokinan and Sigma APS-C lenses? Of course they will vingette on a a lesser crop factor <1.5.

Some white wall based comparison testing with the 18-35mm on the LensRegain, the Metabones 0.71x and a dumb adapter on the Pocket4K for you.

Including downloadable files to peep with ;)

Just now, BTM_Pix said:

Some white wall based comparison testing with the 18-35mm on the LensRegain, the Metabones 0.71x and a dumb adapter on the Pocket4K for you.

Including downloadable files to peep with ;)

What page? It takes me to the 1 one!

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Make sure you click the arrow top right it will take you directly to the post.

Its Page 362 mate.

Although its 362 on my phone might be different on a laptop etc.

Just for reference, there's a little symbol in the top right of each post (two lines and three dots) that is a link to that specific post :)

• Super Members
29 minutes ago, kye said:

Just for reference, there's a little symbol in the top right of each post (two lines and three dots) that is a link to that specific post :)

That's precisely what I did.

So if @Kisaha clicked where the red arrow goes he gets to the exact post, rather than clicking where the blue arrow goes which takes him to the first post.

The issue was his link clicking game being weak  ;) 

1217769579_ScreenShot2019-03-19at11_46_56.thumb.jpg.126989d90a15e951dad292f4a2575e92.jpg

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

That's precisely what I did.

So if @Kisaha clicked where the red arrow goes he gets to the exact post, rather than clicking where the blue arrow goes which takes him to the first post.

The issue was his link clicking game being weak  ;) 

1217769579_ScreenShot2019-03-19at11_46_56.thumb.jpg.126989d90a15e951dad292f4a2575e92.jpg

Yeah, I am not a good clicker! 

I have some big decisions to take the next couple of days (1. full set of lenses for whatever camera system - split between E and EF at the moment, probably EF+P4K 2. Led lights 3. "Huge" backpack 4. Flowtech FSB4/Ace/GH06 5. 360 camera 6. Big investmemt in sound 7. Logo/site e.t.c e.t.c) so I am missing a lot of the smaller things at the moment!

Thank you guys keeping me inline, true e-pals!

6 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Yeah, I am not a good clicker! 

I have some big decisions to take the next couple of days (1. full set of lenses for whatever camera system - split between E and EF at the moment, probably EF+P4K 2. Led lights 3. "Huge" backpack 4. Flowtech FSB4/Ace/GH06 5. 360 camera 6. Big investmemt in sound 7. Logo/site e.t.c e.t.c) so I am missing a lot of the smaller things at the moment!

Thank you guys keeping me inline, true e-pals!

I'm just about to take delivery of a GH06 head so I'll test it against my FSB4 for you.