Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I assume this has probably been discussed a lot but I am curious what glass you guys are using with the P4K?

I assume there are a lot of Sigma 18-35mm users and native M4/3 lenses attached to the business end of your P4K, but is anyone using cinema lenses or rare vintage lenses, or even some oddball Franken-adapted lenses?

I’d love to see some samples if possible.

29 minutes ago, mercer said:

I assume this has probably been discussed a lot but I am curious what glass you guys are using with the P4K?

I assume there are a lot of Sigma 18-35mm users and native M4/3 lenses attached to the business end of your P4K, but is anyone using cinema lenses or rare vintage lenses, or even some oddball Franken-adapted lenses?

Sigma 18-35 and rokinon lenses.

4 hours ago, mercer said:

Sigma 18-35 f1.8 and rokinon 85 f1.4 for sharp mordern look

MIR 35f2, helios 58f2 and helios 85f1.5 for vintage dreamy look. I might add a MIR 20mm f3.5 to complete this set. 

I blamed @kye for the second set. He’s responsible for a quite a few good things in my life lately. Boys, it came out so wrong?

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

18-135 EF-S I already own for run n gun

In case you weren't already aware, this won't fit on speedboosters as the back of the lens will hit the glass. The same thing happens with the 10-18 EF-S. Luckily, you can hack the 10-18 to make it work, but not sure if that's possible with the 18-135.

13 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

In case you weren't already aware, this won't fit on speedboosters as the back of the lens will hit the glass. The same thing happens with the 10-18 EF-S. Luckily, you can hack the 10-18 to make it work, but not sure if that's possible with the 18-135.

Is this the case with the lens regain also?

For full frame EF lenses, what Metabones adapter is the most suitable?

The importer here told me that there is a more constant stream of cameras right now, still too many pre-orders that won't be serviced until the end of the summer though.

• Super Members
39 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Completely off topic but I seem to remember you are based in Utrecht.

Hope you and yours are unaffected mate.

37 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Is this the case with the lens regain also?

I assume so. That is the case with Metabones and Viltrox, so don't see why it'd be any different. The hack is easy, but you won't be able to sell the lens down the line really.

@BTM_Pix - Wow, how did you know that? Thanks for asking, I'm all good, but there's not much info right now. The police here were on strike today - it ended very quickly - so either it was preplanned or the fucker got lucky. Either way, he's not been caught yet. People have been asked to stay off the roads as much as possible to keep them clear for emergency vehicles.

Just now, Anaconda_ said:

I assume so. That is the case with Metabones and Viltrox, so don't see why it'd be any different. The hack is easy, but you won't be able to sell the lens down the line really.

@BTM_Pix - Wow, how did you know that? Yes all good, but there's not much info right now. The police here were on strike today - it ended very quickly - so either it was preplanned or the fucker got lucky. Either way, he's not been caught yet. People have been asked to stay off the roads as much as possible to keep them clear for emergency vehicles.

Utrecht is one of the best places to live! Didn't know anything happened there. Have friends there also. Can't believe people are so stupid in the 21st century. Can't wait to skip to the 24st century and the Federation!

So, for EF full frame lenses, I get the 0.64X metabones?

• Super Members
6 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

@BTM_Pix - Wow, how did you know that? Thanks for asking, I'm all good, but there's not much info right now. The police here were on strike today - it ended very quickly - so either it was preplanned or the fucker got lucky. Either way, he's not been caught yet. People have been asked to stay off the roads as much as possible to keep them clear for emergency vehicles.

Good to hear.

I've spent a fair amount of time in Utrecht over the years and I've always been very fond of the place.

Sorry for the alarming stalker thing ! I remembered from the LS300 forum on DVInfo.net 

10 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Utrecht is one of the best places to live!

7 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I've spent a fair amount of time in Utrecht over the years and I've always been very fond of the place.

Sorry for the alarming stalker thing 

Haha, no problem, just took me aback a little. And yeah, it's a great place to live, but sad it's in the news for something so shitty. 

So about this camera huh? 

12 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

So, for EF full frame lenses, I get the 0.64X metabones?

Yes, I think that's right. Since the 18-135 is a crop lens, if you do decide to hack it, you'll get vignetting with this booster. 

• Super Members
16 hours ago, mercer said:

The only lenses that I haven't put on it as yet are the motley collection of Berlin flea market M42 lenses that I've acquired over the past few years and a Mamiya 645 Medium Format 35mm lens.

But it is only just before 1:30 in the afternoon here so you never know.

Sorry if I am braking your balls guys, but this week I will order a few lenses and I want to make it right.

I will have the lens regain/metabones 0.64X and probably some adapters (no speedboosters)

I am considering:

1) Samyang full frame Canon kit (the cheap one!)

2) Sigma 18-35 (because everyone owns one!)

3) Tokina 11-16 or 11-20

4) Canon 70-200 f4 IS or the new nano 70-300

5) probably some native PZ.

As you see I want to cover most bases.

Do you have any suggestions, advices? Shall I invest more on primes and less on zooms, or vice versa?

24 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

(...)

Do you have any suggestions, advices? Shall I invest more on primes and less on zooms, or vice versa?

It rather depends on your shooting style.

I've found a 250-300 grams lens a good match for P4K handheld comfort when 550-600 grams weight seems a bit some other camera ballpark range when coupled to the 722 gr. native camera : )

Manual lenses work pretty accurate with that big monitor and effective focus assist bonus and 7artisans lenses the best bargain you can find on the light side to match the heavier cine-style Rokinon offer.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

It rather depends on your shooting style.

I've found a 250-300 grams lens a good match for P4K handheld comfort when 550-600 grams weight seems a bit some other camera ballpark range when coupled to the 722 gr. native camera : )

Manual lenses work pretty accurate with that big monitor and effective focus assist bonus and 7artisans lenses the best bargain you can find on the light side to match the heavier cine-style Rokinon offer.

I am not familiar with the 7artisans series, at all. 6 Samyang lenses is 3000€ here, and you get a hard case also!

As you can see, I care for 3 situations.

A full set of - cheap - primes for fully rigged and controlled environment.

A few zooms for semi-run n gun or events.

And 1-2 native m43 zoom lenes(1 pz for sure) for smaller and lighter form factor.

• Super Members
1 minute ago, Kisaha said:

I am not familiar with the 7artisans series, at all. 

I have the 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.1 in M mount.

The M to MFT adapter I've got doesn't play particularly nice (infinity focus issues) but I've ordered a different one so I'll let you know with regard to the Pocket 4K next week.