Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Turboguard said:

Same here, when battery dies randomly, I still have an intact perfect file saved when camera is turned back on. 

Also so got my Tilta cage set yesterday! Beyond happy with it, looks great, feels great!

show us!

40 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

I forgot to order the Tilta T5 holder but my 8sinn works just as good for now. 

B11DBD7F-9FE7-4E51-87D4-7283F5B0CB7A.MOV

Half cage is pretty cool!

the 8sinn seems fine. If you were buying Tilta, would you get the ssd holder that fits just above the screen?

The SSD cable is from the 8sinn implementation?

What do you think about the HDMI adapter?

I didn't know they were still people packets of cigarettes in this world (joke)!!

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Half cage is pretty cool!

the 8sinn seems fine. If you were buying Tilta, would you get the ssd holder that fits just above the screen?

The SSD cable is from the 8sinn implementation?

What do you think about the HDMI adapter?

I didn't know they were still people packets of cigarettes in this world (joke)!!

I would probably buy the SSD holder if I came across it readily in stock. I don’t mind the 8sinn for now, I’ve never in my life accidentally pulled the cord out while shooting, and am confident that I won’t at the moment.

The hdmi adapter is great, I do wish there was one for the mini xlr as well but don’t know how that would work. 

And YES! Haha, I do not like those vapes. 

Yeah I'm continually impressed by just how nice stills you can get out of the P4K. I was visiting my parents and filmed their kitten a bit - she's more agile than mercury so trying to take actually catch her in focus for a photograph is kinda impossible. Especially if you're dicking around with a 1.2. Much easier to pull out a still from a video clip. Viiru_1_175.1.thumb.jpg.cbba42c8b1f7e266c27bb78b55750a47.jpg

53 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

They look more filmic than the video does. Interesting.

Because a lot of people still don’t know how to color video correctly. They slap on some adjustments to one frame of the shot and then move on to the next. I see it all the time. Working with the stills is easier as you only have that one frame and then, working with say ACR, makes it, again, so much easier. 

6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

They look more filmic than the video does. Interesting.

5 hours ago, Turboguard said:

Because a lot of people still don’t know how to color video correctly. They slap on some adjustments to one frame of the shot and then move on to the next. I see it all the time. Working with the stills is easier as you only have that one frame and then, working with say ACR, makes it, again, so much easier. 

as Turboguard said I'm still struggled with colour a whole video correctly. Before this camera my workflow is pretty much slap on a decent lut => tweaked a few thing and deliver. My goal this year is to try to up my colour skill.  

This is a video that I did while strolling the street of Melbourne. The sound is actually the on board mic since I din't expect such a performance 

6 hours ago, xzobinx said:

as Turboguard said I'm still struggled with colour a whole video correctly. Before this camera my workflow is pretty much slap on a decent lut => tweaked a few thing and deliver. My goal this year is to try to up my colour skill.  

This is a video that I did while strolling the street of Melbourne. The sound is actually the on board mic since I din't expect such a performance 

Very nice video!

Colour is done very nicely, but if you want to learn more then come over the to this colour grading thread...  

You've done well with the Helios - I don't think it matches my GH5 quite as well as it seems to match the P4K, but it might be that Melbourne overcast light that helps it along perhaps :)

The audio is quite good. I didn't really miss a mic, which is great considering that audio was featured in the video.  Of course, always pack a mic by default :)

On 2/28/2019 at 4:13 AM, Anaconda_ said:

I was testing a battery earlier and it died while recording and to my amazement, I didn't have a corrupt file when I put the card in my computer. Does anyone know if the 6.1 update fixed that problem?

We write the file headers/close the file every 5 secs during record, our cameras since the BMCC have always periodically written the headers/closed the file so at most if you lose power you might lose the last 5 secs of the clip. If you lose power before 5 secs of recording, then it could be an issue.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, kye said:

Very nice video!

Colour is done very nicely, but if you want to learn more then come over the to this colour grading thread...  

You've done well with the Helios - I don't think it matches my GH5 quite as well as it seems to match the P4K, but it might be that Melbourne overcast light that helps it along perhaps :)

The audio is quite good. I didn't really miss a mic, which is great considering that audio was featured in the video.  Of course, always pack a mic by default :)

Thanks I would give it a shot once I've caught up with my projects. Coming from Vietnam, I have to say that screenshot you took really reminds me of home :) 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:55 AM, JordanWright said:

Fantastic video! great example of the P4k and Helios. 

Thanks for the kind words. It is a really lovely len. I'm planning to get the 85 1.5 reissue and a focal reducer for m43-m42 as well. If only there is a wider angle len with the same look, I would be set. 

2 minutes ago, xzobinx said:

Thanks for the kind words. It is a really lovely len. I'm planning to get the 85 1.5 reissue and a focal reducer for m43-m42 as well. If only there is a wider angle len with the same look, I would be set. 

There is.  The Russians didn't just hang around drinking vodka during the Cold War :)

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?152436-Russian-Soviet-USSR-Lens-Survival-Guide

and here are some samples from the set:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNtAbAeqHYSKyOnPbE-3AuIxzmeVFZCbWCspWF1jCuvHBihhbHbMULc5rMa1xtdBA?key=YWd5QW1tYm5OOERoeHpBSHg1TlJiUEptOGVKSmNB