Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, Dan Wake said:

Shirozina explained better please, so that video show fake stuff?

I can't comment on the video as I don't know how he exposed or processed the images. I can only state I don't see any bad color or light gradients with my P4k as long as I expose it and process it correctly. 

3 hours ago, Dan Wake said:

the color/lights gradients are so bad compared to the highest dynamic range camera that even a child would point the finger on that, it's so evident. imho as consumers we can ask to the market to upgrade, evolve faster, to a higher dynamic range sensors on prosumer devices, it's too bad really that only very expansive cameras can solve it. I hope (cross fingers) next poket cinema camera will solve it #blackmagicdropthebombplease

I went back and watched the RED vs P4K and noticed an equal amount of banding between the two of them on gradients.  I suspect that it's probably coming from YouTube as my 10-bit GH5 footage doesn't have that problem.  I was watching 4K on my 32 inch display.

Perhaps you could post the video and tell us the timestamp of where you're seeing these terrible gradients?

1 hour ago, kye said:

I went back and watched the RED vs P4K and noticed an equal amount of banding between the two of them on gradients.  I suspect that it's probably coming from YouTube as my 10-bit GH5 footage doesn't have that problem.  I was watching 4K on my 32 inch display.

Perhaps you could post the video and tell us the timestamp of where you're seeing these terrible gradients?

i would bet on youtube encoding

23 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

I can't comment on the video as I don't know how he exposed or processed the images. I can only state I don't see any bad color or light gradients with my P4k as long as I expose it and process it correctly. 

I also have not seen any substantial banding in the gradients on properly exposed footage with my P4Ks. Banding is more common with 8 bit files, but I haven't had a problem with it on my P4Ks or on my GH5/GH5s cameras when shooting in 10bit. I am with @kye it is probably Youtube compression.

I just went outside and filmed a few short clips in DCI4K - Prores Proxy, LT, & 422. ISO 200 f/11 & ISO200 f/22. I can't see banding in the sky anywhere. Not even in the Prores Proxy footage.

30 minutes ago, drm said:

I also have not seen any substantial banding in the gradients on properly exposed footage with my P4Ks. Banding is more common with 8 bit files, but I haven't had a problem with it on my P4Ks or on my GH5/GH5s cameras when shooting in 10bit. I am with @kye it is probably Youtube compression.

I just went outside and filmed a few short clips in DCI4K - Prores Proxy, LT, & 422. ISO 200 f/11 & ISO200 f/22. I can't see banding in the sky anywhere. Not even in the Prores Proxy footage.

Why shouldn't it be?

ProRes Proxy is 10-bit 4:2:2, one of the reasons I see it as much interesting than H.264 no matter what.

Here's an useful chart:

https://blog.frame.io/2017/02/13/50-intermediate-codecs-compared/

Banding can also happen with low bit rate, but you're right, 8-bit is the limitation there.

29 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

Back on topic to something maybe useful - Firmware 6.1 is out ( sorry no BRAW). It has some minor improvements but at present if you are using adapters ( Viltrox, Metabones etc) you will loose aperture control so be warned. I assume they will fix this shortly.....

Shit. Thanks for the heads up. I updated last night but did no testing. Looks like my MB is getting unmounted for the time being.

3 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Back on topic to something maybe useful - Firmware 6.1 is out ( sorry no BRAW). It has some minor improvements but at present if you are using adapters ( Viltrox, Metabones etc) you will loose aperture control so be warned. I assume they will fix this shortly.....

Just FYI, my Metabones EF-MFT Speed Booster .71x running v3.00 & the Sigma 18-35 adjusts the aperture properly, even after updating the camera firmware last night. The AF doesn't work, but that didn't work before either.