Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

7 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I was trying to be harsh with the camera.

If I am going to use it I will put F batteries on this one. Canon batteries are not practical for me. It could be possible to offer something like the Tilta grip in-camera (in the right grip).

As of the 5" screen, the C200/C300 touch screen is 4" and costs 680$€£. That would be perfect also.

The cooling system plays a very important role when you are shooting raw and prores in camera.

The Tilta grip with the F battery, wheel for focusing and the Samsung SSD is an excellent solution, but then it widens the camera quite a lot.

I am expecting my Ronin S today!

I find the cooling system there much well designed. Sony would have something to learn with them ; )

Don't compare 4" with 5" camera screens, they are a hell of a difference! : -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I was trying to be harsh with the camera.

If I am going to use it I will put F batteries on this one. Canon batteries are not practical for me. It could be possible to offer something like the Tilta grip in-camera (in the right grip).

As of the 5" screen, the C200/C300 touch screen is 4" and costs 680$€£. That would be perfect also.

The cooling system plays a very important role when you are shooting raw and prores in camera.

The Tilta grip with the F battery, wheel for focusing and the Samsung SSD is an excellent solution, but then it widens the camera quite a lot.

I am expecting my Ronin S today!

Just a few tips - the P4k fits best on the Ronin -S without a cage and no way will the tilta's side mounted battery work unless you reverse the rig . On any gimbal the more weight and bulk you can take off the camera or keep at the center of the mass the better. Sony NP-F battery sled + dummy battery can be mounted on the Ronin grip. The P4k and Ronin-S is a great combo as the 5" screen means you don't need an ext monitor. Like I said earlier a P4k + Ronin-S still comes in cheaper than a GH5s......

If somebody is still interested after all these compliments to Pocket4k, I have good experience with e-infin... that's the best deal at the moment for GH5s that I've found in Europe (through  holidays price somewhere were droped to 1425 GBP). Unfortunatelly, it seems impossible to expect Pocket4K in Europe earlier than several month period. To buy it now, price in UK is 3000GBP.

https://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/3545/panasonic_lumix_dc-gh5s_mirrorless_micro_four_thirds_digital_camera

Best price I found for Ronin S is at eglobal, and occasionally it is lower, about 450 GBP

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/dji-ronin-s-3-axis-single-handled-gimbal-for-dslr-and-mirrorless-cameras.html

1 hour ago, anonim said:

If somebody is still interested after all these compliments to Pocket4k, I have good experience with e-infin... that's the best deal at the moment for GH5s that I've found in Europe (through  holidays price somewhere were droped to 1425 GBP). Unfortunatelly, it seems impossible to expect Pocket4K in Europe earlier than several month period. To buy it now, price in UK is 3000GBP.

https://www.e-infin.com/uk/item/3545/panasonic_lumix_dc-gh5s_mirrorless_micro_four_thirds_digital_camera

Best price I found for Ronin S is at eglobal, and occasionally it is lower, about 450 GBP

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/dji-ronin-s-3-axis-single-handled-gimbal-for-dslr-and-mirrorless-cameras.html

I got my Ronin-S direct from DJI for £500 when they were on offer a few weeks back. I assume these are Grey imports with no import duty or VAT to pay on the listed price?

Grey market of course, but with internal guaranty period (Panamoz, for example, even give three years on cameras buying). Till now I bought several products from eglobalcentral, including Zhiun Crane 2 or Voigtlander 42.5, shipping and service were perfect.   But at the moment, actually, eglobal is in its top price period... wait few weeks and discount will be much better (usually additional 3-5%). E-infin is Hong Kong base, so also without additional VAT to pay in UK as eglobal (which is UK registered as Panamoz) - i. e. paying price is always that you see listed.

„Problem“ with BM price in UK is that never existed grey market for them - and what is dollar in US is pound in UK, so official price is 1300GBP... so, for extremely spare buyers - or those that simply can't count to easy make usage of warranty (there's no nearby services etc. ) difference between, say, Pocket 4K and GH5s even now is not so big (especially in Europe) as it seems judging from officially announced. Moreover, we have to wait to Pocket 4k for months, and who knows what will be than price for GH5s... 

From my experience with BM cameras (had several), to the moment they were far more fragile than Panasonic's. Actually, one of the reason I often bought and resold them and again bought was afraid to keep them too long, expecting technical problems. I don't know how better is Pocket 4k in that regard, but that's also factor to be count... Of course, not so much in countries where servicing is easy task...

1 hour ago, loloniek said:

I just wanted to share with you my latest music video shot on Ursa and Pocket 4k + Zeiss Cp3 + Black ProMist (how Can i embed a video here : ) ? )

https://vimeo.com/309293561

Nice work.  I really liked the atmosphere and colours, the Tiffen matched really nicely with the smoke too.  The closing shot from inside the control room was a very nice touch too!

Has there been any word when the P4K will be fully released. Admittedly, I haven’t really been following these threads, but out of curiosity I went to BH to see if they had any used ones for sale. To my surprise, they’re still listed as preorder. Seriously?!?! Didn’t the first units start shipping like 4 months ago? I figured new ones at BH would be on backorder but I never thought it would still be listed as preorder. What is going on over at BMD? Aren’t replacement RMA cameras being shipped out regularly but the preorders aren’t filled yet?

On a side note that is kinda irrelevant to this discussion... I was looking at some comparison videos between the P4K and GH5s and was surprised to see how well the GH5s held its own against the P4K. The P4K definitely looked better but not by a huge margin and I can see why someone may choose the easier production features of the GH5s over the P4K (although that statement is relative) so then I looked at the current prices of the GH5s and my jaw dropped... the sale price is $2300... is Panasonic nuts? The GH5 is 2 years old and should be selling for $1200 new at this point and on sale for a grand. The GH5s should be at $1700 and $1500 on sale.

At this rate, the X-T3 seems like the deal of the year. The P4K would be if one could buy it anywhere.