Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

3 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

Anyone heard anything about Braw? I eber reading they were hoping to get it out before the end of the year - but not sure if it was an official comment or some random making things up.

With Xmas in a week, I imagine it's either before the weekend or after the new year. 

Did they mention a pre xmas release date?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

My camera arrived today (I ordered in July).  However, I noticed that with lens that have optical image stabilization if I tilt the camera up the stabilization makes a very loud sound.  This occurs with both the Panasonic 45mm F1.7 and the 12-60 F3.5.  Tilting down or sideways or other directions doesn't cause this loud noise.  Has anyone else encountered this or is my camera defective? It's louder than it sounds in the video:

https://youtu.be/tonuubl5FaQ

Anyone knows how to fix the highlights that are too bright through Resolve or some other means? A friend with P4k was asking me this that even though the highlights are not clipped, they can't be recovered even by highlight recovery in Resolve. But I'm not really a Resolve or P4K owner, so asking here if someone has found a way to recover the white spots on skins especially on faces?

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Set-3-lenses-Mir-11-1-Tair-41-Vega7-1-BMPCC-Blackmagic-Pocket-Kiev16U-67/323603076954?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Guys, do you know if these lenses will vignette in the PCC4k ?

Do you have any cheap lens set to suggest? I guess is impossible to find anything cheaper than this.

TNX 

On 12/21/2018 at 4:56 AM, TurboRat said:

even though the highlights are not clipped, they can't be recovered even by highlight recovery in Resolve. 

If the highlights are not recoverable then they 'are' clipped. The zebras are inaccurate IME and need to be set at 95% or even 90% when exposing using ETTR.

4 hours ago, Shirozina said:

If the highlights are not recoverable then they 'are' clipped. The zebras are inaccurate IME and need to be set at 95% or even 90% when exposing using ETTR.

personally, I've just used false colour all the time. would be nice if there is waveform but false colour works well enough for me 

On 12/14/2018 at 4:08 AM, webrunner5 said:

My biggest beef is that it still is a camera body that you need to rig the hell out of it, just like the original one, to really make it work. It is not a C100 where you can just turn it on and go right out of the box. When you add a cage to a body they Always end up making it harder to get to stuff. It doesn't fit your hand smoothly anymore. It is no longer a part of you, it is a lump of metal with tons of holes in it, stuff hanging everywhere.

It is a perfect myth that perspective. Not more than many others out there. Trust me, this is an user with so many cameras along the way for 30 years now.

I have several professional cameras (4K 7 units + 1080p 5 units)  when I write these lines... P4K is definitely my fav one ever. And I am really shooting with one, not lurker anymore today : -)  

5 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

It is a perfect myth that perspective. Not more than many others out there. Trust me, this is an user with so many cameras along the way for 30 years now.

I have several professional cameras (4K 7 units + 1080p 5 units)  when I write these lines... P4K is definitely my fav one ever. And I am really shooting with one, not lurker anymore today : -)  

Pictures or it never happened LoL! ?

On 12/15/2018 at 6:45 PM, Dan Wake said:

what do you think about this test?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzWcmHGLBM

From comments section:

"Thoughts : super easy and pleasant to grade, I personally love the colors, very filmic, I was surprised by the aliasing though. It is easily corrected by playing with the blur channels in Davinci."

+

"can you post a mini tutorial that show how do you correct aliasing by playing with the blur channels in Davinci please? is it possible to do it also in Premiere?"

Funny to say the least...

Put a camera under $1299 and don't expect miracles but strictly from the target audience : -D

On 12/23/2018 at 10:12 AM, SR said:

I'm thinking of adapting M42 lenses to my BMP4K, using a M42 to EF adapter on top of my current Viltrox EF to micro43 speedbooster. Is this a bad idea, guys? 

Why wouldn't you? Then you have access to Helios 40, Jupiter 9, etc.. I have them adapted to Nikon and then added filter step rings to them for NDs and ProMist. Softens up and adds character to 4k image. Just be careful of flaring. It can get cray in ways that you may not want.