Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Best bet with all issues you have is to just call / email BMD. Going through my 2nd RMA with them and they are very helpful. First was for a bad battery door, this one is for the power port becoming faulty. They troubleshoot with you if you call them up and if they can't find a fix they'll ask you to send in your camera and sort it out.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I decided to bite the bullet and order the Ronin S this week. 

It seems like the most straight forward option for mounting a P4K, comes from a brand with a good reputation, can be bought localy - right now (ease some of my 2018 tax) and for only 549euros.

I have my finger on the BUY NOW button, shall I proceed?!

Go for it. That way you don't have to worry about what cage you have, or not having to use some really light lens. Other than well size and weight it is a no brainier I think for the money they cost now. Might as well have the best for really the same money or close to it than less featured products.

And you can use it for a full sized DSLR if you want to, or even a C100 stripped down. None of them are stealth, or weigh next to nothing..

hi guys, how are you all?

I'm getting crazy watching videos since a month, comparing cameras, prices, rigs...really getting crazy.

I sold my camera and some lenses to buy the Pocket cinema camera 4k, but now I'm really not decided. I used to work shooting anything they asked me to make some money, i am a dslr guy with 10 years experience now. I want to go on and have a good, raw 4 k camera and i thought the BMPPC 4k would be perfect, but most of the videos i see on internet scare me. 

I want to start a movie project with some actors, and this camera doesn't look cinematic at all. In really few cases it gave me the cinematic feeling. 

I'm on ebay and i see some Ursa mini 4K are selling at around 1300 euros. Also, there are many Blackmagic Production Camera 4k at less than 1000. I'm really confused, I'd love the ursa mini for the ergonomics but i can't go above that price, the Production camera is an ergonomic nightmare and i hate the fact you cannot use it handheld, but is cheaper.

If you could choose between a Ursa Mini 4k, BMPCC 4k (both at around 1300-1400 euros) and BMPC 4k (at 800) for my kind of project, considering the money you have to spend to add cards, ssds, etc, what would you buy?

"Pocket Cinema Camera 4K shipping update

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi,

Here’s a quick Pocket Cinema Camera 4K shipment update.

We noticed that some resellers have been telling customers that there are no shipments of cameras from us until the end of the year, or even until early next year. That is incorrect as cameras are still being shipped out very regularly to our distributors.

We are also building cameras as fast as our component suppliers can keep up, and have already shipped many thousands of cameras worldwide. However, we have also received a lot of orders in the meantime so we are doing everything we can to fulfill these orders as soon as we can."

Thousands of cameras already in late October. This thing is a huge success already.

6 hours ago, Kisaha said:

"Pocket Cinema Camera 4K shipping update

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi,

Here’s a quick Pocket Cinema Camera 4K shipment update.

We noticed that some resellers have been telling customers that there are no shipments of cameras from us until the end of the year, or even until early next year. That is incorrect as cameras are still being shipped out very regularly to our distributors.

We are also building cameras as fast as our component suppliers can keep up, and have already shipped many thousands of cameras worldwide. However, we have also received a lot of orders in the meantime so we are doing everything we can to fulfill these orders as soon as we can."

Thousands of cameras already in late October. This thing is a huge success already.

two elton john songs are appropriate at this time,  i'm still waiting, er i mean standing and i guess thats why they call it the blues,?

what is it eight days to xmas ? my November early December is delivery is  looking rather optimistic. i even have the samsung 1t t5 here ready to go not to mention a couple of lens adapters. just need a camera

On 12/13/2018 at 3:08 PM, TurboRat said:

He graded this beautifully! But I think he can achieve the same images with the P4k, just not the same workflow with what he usually does with his micro

This has been said over and over but is not true. None of the BMP4K images come close. They're not even in the same realm in my opinion. 

12 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You don't get a dongle when buying the BMP4K - the Resolve Studio software comes on a SD card in the box. inside the SD card holder is a card with the activation code. You can also download the Resolve studio software from BM website, by using the same code to unlock and register.

If reselling camera and Resolve studio, you can simply deactivate the activation inside Resolve and pass over to a new owner to re-activate.

11 hours ago, BenEricson said:

This has been said over and over but is not true. None of the BMP4K images come close. They're not even in the same realm in my opinion. 

I also hear the same sentiments from bmpcc owners. So is this a unique Blackmagic micro look or all the older Blackmagic cameras produce a better look & feel than the current P4K?

3 hours ago, TurboRat said:

I also hear the same sentiments from bmpcc owners. So is this a unique Blackmagic micro look or all the older Blackmagic cameras produce a better look & feel than the current P4K?

Something In between the UM4.6K  and the Production 4k. This is what the UM4Ki image should have been like . Personally, I like it. This image ticks both boxes, Doc look, Film look and its more versatile 

On 12/12/2018 at 7:13 AM, Anaconda_ said:

It depends how you shoot. If you're filming in ProRes, any software will do the job, but in my limited experience with RAW, you need Resolve to playback and grade. I'm not sure if 12.5 will be compatible with the RAW files out the new camera, but there are plenty around you could download and test out for yourself :)

Yes, they (RAW files) can be imported and edited (and graded) in the Resolve 12.5, I confirm.