Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

to me grading is the most important thing to get the cinematic look (of course filming is important too), would be interresting to see the same footage graded by the one who shot it and by a pro just to see how it can be improved

7 hours ago, Vintage Jimothy said:

That is some truly gorgeous footage! And apparently he shot that all with a Lumix 12-35mm f2.8? 

looks like he shot handheld with stab from the lense

• Super Members

If its the mini socket you need (I'm presuming to connect a mic with a 3.5mm jack on it?) then you can get a regular one like this to a full size xlr

MagiDeal 3.5mm (Mini) 1/8inch Stereo Female To XLR Male Adapter Cable https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CY2J3DT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_6gKcCbK33Q34Y

And then use an XLR to mini XLR adapter .

Incidentally for anyone looking for ready made XLR to mini XLR cables, BM themselves do a kit for the video assist that has 2 of them in it for about £30

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/blackmagic-design-mini-xlr-cable-for-video-assist-4k-set-of-2-195?gclid=CjwKCAiA0ajgBRA4EiwA9gFOR_ywjdHoW_RfaATfXT5pS_A-1--6PWuKCVuxWMNT6M0XyjsRsZtFBRoCEUEQAvD_BwE

• Super Members

I'm not sure there has been another product that has created a market for someone to make one. RED cameras and BM Video Assist are two products that spring to mind that use mini XLRs but they would generally expect people to be connecting microphones/mixers with XLR outputs on them hence why they are the only ones available.

If you want to keep the adapters to a minimum then one option is to buy the BM Video Assist and cut one of the cables and put a 3.5mm socket on it. You can then have it the exact length you need. 

It would also mean you would still have the other cable of course so you would now have a cable kit to cover both 3.5mm and XLR mics.

Ah sorry, misread your first post about the cable.

BMD have been using the mini XLRs for a while, the 4K Video Assist also has them, and I assume there isn't enough interest in plugging 3.5mm jacks into it to warrant them making a specific cable. I suppose you could make one though, as the wires inside would be the same whether its a big or small XLR on the end. If you have an electronics store nearby, and they have the right plugs, they'd make it for you.

Assuming you're using 2 x 3.5mm microphones, another option could be to get a 3.5mm splitter and have them both going into the 3.5mm input on the camera. There might even be some out there that split the inputs so one is on the left and the other on the right of a stereo track. This would essentially give you 2 mono tracks if you split it again in post.

9 hours ago, Juxx989 said:

A loupe solution... Looks kinda Homemade. But it does have a opening in the bottom to use the touch screen when its on. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-LCD-View-finder-for-Black-Magic-Pocket-Cinema-Camera-4K/332908493006?hash=item4d82e478ce:g:5NgAAOSwD1pb~iTC

I don't see any way to adjust with a diopter here. You have to have perfect vision from this distance to use this.  Luckily I haven't had an issue seeing the screen in the day yet, as I'm a total fan of loupes. Have several Zacuto ones I love.