Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

8 hours ago, deezid said:

That cage looks great.
Thinking about getting the whole setup with a gimbal, side battery grip, follow focus, T5-mount etc...

Waiting for BRAW as well and hope they can fix the red clipping issue as well.
Moire and aliasing isn't a problem at all when using some diffusion.

Long time lurker. Funny to share the same feeling.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Anyone with this camera have any of the issues posted on the bmd forum?

- left edge of screen turning whiteish

- issues with usb-c ssd connections

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80576

Thinking of picking one up after seeing some of the films from this thing (looks great!) but don't want to get the first batch if they're having lots of problems.  I'm not in the US so returning the camera to get it fixed is going to be a pain.

I thought m43 was dead.  Not yet!

1 hour ago, scotchtape said:

Anyone with this camera have any of the issues posted on the bmd forum?

- left edge of screen turning whiteish

- issues with usb-c ssd connections

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80576

Thinking of picking one up after seeing some of the films from this thing (looks great!) but don't want to get the first batch if they're having lots of problems.  I'm not in the US so returning the camera to get it fixed is going to be a pain.

I thought m43 was dead.  Not yet!

I used mine with samsung t5 for the entire weekend and a product shoot today and not one issue. I'm totally stoked on this camera. I'll be posting some shots this weekend once I can catch up with work.

Yeah they have had a whole new way of testing DR over there. They spent a ton of money for this new gizmo they use. So they have been testing new stuff, and retesting some of the older stuff to get fair results. All of the results seem to be lower, but truth be known they probably are more accurate. They have had this new machine about a year or more.

It is sort of like DXO DR test. Yeah people bitch about it, but low or high they do do the same exact test on every camera, so it is consistent like it or not, probably just like the outcomes on Cinema5D. You are Never going to make everyone happy. Trouble is there is 50 ways to state DR results and 50 different tests.

Tom Antos did a test years ago and I like the cheap way he did it. Makes more sense to me than all this fancy crap. Hell it is just a damn chart you look art LoL. I will try to find the video.

Found it. He pretty much uses a Waveform monitor and counts the stops you can see. There is another way he di9d it also, maybe in this video of shooting every stop or something. Andway cheaper than some 100K machine to test it.

https://tomantosfilms.com/14305/camera-shootout-2016/