Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

7 hours ago, JordanWright said:

BM customer service was very good when I sent it in to replace the battery door. sent it on Thursday and received it back on Saturday. 

Yeah, seems they are the best camera service on earth : ) So, there shouldn't be so many defective units out there for sure... ; -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, TurboRat said:

Not gonna wait for a perfect cam, just gonna wait until next year to get a P4K.

Why not get one now and then put it on Ebay and make a quick profit!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackmagic-Design-Pocket-Cinema-Camera-4K-NEW/143010786216?epid=20025419302&hash=item214c1b6ba8:g:kw8AAOSwHjtb6ZPB:rk:3:pf:1&frcectupt=true

19 hours ago, BenEricson said:

Was it really worse? I mean the Iphone was producing more accurate color. 

If Black Magic or anyone for that matter would have addressed this with the original pocket, you wouldn’t have seen brown footage for the first year and half. 

It was worse, but one cannot compare the iPhone to a BM. That is ridiculous.  Phones are getting better, but c'mon. My IR filter sits on my lens without a hassle. It isn't a big deal. People are just searching for things to complain about.

I received my P4k a few days ago. To me, reminds me of Ursa Mini, but you've all heard that already. Can't wait to have more time to shoot with it. Stuck in edit mode right now.

If there were endemic issues with this camera, the professionals using it would be talking about them.

Using youtube vids that earn for clicks as a guide, is like using them for any other serious information.

Some guy had an issue with his battery door. I did get a battery stuck on a mountain side with an Olympic rider cued up and I had it out in 10 seconds (with the leatherman we all carry on location because shit happens) and it's never happened again. In the meantime I simply ensured that we only used original Canons going forward. 

Anyway, we've been abusing a pair of them for several weeks in a lot of remote, challenging conditions and again - for us it's the best small camera available. It's size, interface and features have allowed for a lot more acquisition in these real time situations than we'd have gotten with any other camera. And shooting ProRes HQ UHD direct to SD cards with tiny batterries is just a great thing.

3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

A little concerning when a camera breaks down like that. But it happens with every manufacturer. You gotta have a backup if using one for anything critical but honestly I would think that has always been the case for professional work. 

When I was shooting work for a client with an FS7 I always had a backup cam, just in case. Anything can happen at any time. Always be prepared.

Of course. It is so funny certain comments... Well, I shoot for two, three decades now and I can tell you quite frankly:

image.png.d5fc2f60ea54ee304e180676e2ee9ebe.png

This is the easiest and best camera I've ever shot with. Period : )

Don't believe it? Stay at the dark side then. Your loss... Not of many others who are getting fun from there.

BTW, solid manufacturers like Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Olympus and so on should learn with these guys how to set up an intuitive and PRO menu like these Aussies.

My hat : -)

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Of course. It is so funny certain comments... Well, I shoot for two, three decades now and I can tell you quite frankly:

image.png.d5fc2f60ea54ee304e180676e2ee9ebe.png

This is the easiest and best camera I've ever shot with. Period : )

Don't believe it? Stay at the dark side then. Your loss... Not of many others who are getting fun from there.

BTW, solid manufacturers like Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Olympus and so on should learn with these guys how to set up an intuitive and PRO menu like these Aussies.

My hat : -)

Hmm this post sounds fishy :lol: 

It's released in limited quantities anyway, and with a lot of camera options available, not in a hurry to get this one. 

49 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Hmm this post sounds fishy :lol: 

It's released in limited quantities anyway, and with a lot of camera options available, not in a hurry to get this one. 

I see you haven't followed my posting along this same thread... Maybe you might end all surprised about ; )

I just write what I've found from my own experience. And if just a few time ago I was in doubt not exactly about their own camera but their business policies, I must now surrender myself to their superior offer (a fair comparison between their interface and ergonomics vs the other contenders would be enough) because I see I know more than you for the subject matter.

No one sent me one for free in any way other than a pre-order my partners and I had to fulfill (we paid 925 pounds without VAT BTW). I wish I had 28 units to satisfy a third party of ours they simply refused to serve, no matter the people we had reached, Grant Petty included. My rant. Because we've lost a chance we should not miss and they didn't care or seemed so.

I wish to see you being as sincere as I am, from there, under such delicate circumstances we've just lived, dude... Rather than mere BS posted only as YT clickbait or to justify to be outside of the Party in the comments section whatever pages you choose to somehow hide sorta frustration to share ; -) You or anyone here can not even recall you/we were not invited : P Just blame yourself to have not pre-ordered such no-brainer. I do. I would have demanded three dozens of them earlier if I knew what I know today ?

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

I would have demanded three dozens of them earlier if I knew what I know today ?

If you would have done that, you could have earned 33840 GBP today if you'd sold them on Ebay !

FYI if you tell me how long you have been using pro camera's, and the P4K really works for you, that is quite clear to me. Whenever I get around to buying a new cam, this will be it, unless I wait until 2021 ? It really is a no-brainer for my situation.

22 hours ago, JordanWright said:

BM customer service was very good when I sent it in to replace the battery door. sent it on Thursday and received it back on Saturday. 

I've heard they are just shipping replacement doors to people who have the loose ones so you don't need to ship your camera in anymore and they're easy to take off. Looking at the mechanism of mine, I'm pretty impressed with how easy they are to remove.