Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

From my own tests, practically as much as ISO6400, ISO1000 is a way noisier than ISO1250...

Nonetheless, I still wouldn't say Dual ISO is 400/3200.

AF warning: You need to test tap-to-focus with different lenses. I've found much distinct results from several native lenses.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

From the description of the video:

I put the Viltrox EF-M1 (had to return my M2 for the same reason) to the test against the Metabones Speed Booster XL EF. The Viltrox adapters (M1 & M2) have been the talk of the town as of late as the internet has claimed that this adapter provides Metabones quality at a fraction of the price. I bought into this claim only to find out that both the Viltrox EF-M1 and Viltrox EF-M2 both have serious issues with flare. It boggles my mind how there can be so many reviews and no reports on this very serious degradation of image quality? I hope you find this video helpful and I'll catch you on the next one. *All clips were given the same Blackmagic v4 Extended Video LUT with no additional color correction/grading done to the image to maintain consistency throughout the test.

Equipment: Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K Sigma Art 24-70mm f/2.8 Metabones T Speed Booster XL EF Viltros EF-M1

No issue of flaring from mine or my buddy's Viltrox too. Take note that the guy used the Viltrox M1 on the vid. I don't know why he's pushing that the flares are on the Viltrox M2 

On another note: Did you guys buy an external monitor for the P4K? We were on a shoot today trying out the P4k and wanted some low angle shots as well as an overhead shot but had a hard time doing it. Had to borrow a GH5s for those shots

20 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

No issue of flaring from mine or my buddy's Viltrox too. Take note that the guy used the Viltrox M1 on the vid. I don't know why he's pushing that the flares are on the Viltrox M2 

On another note: Did you guys buy an external monitor for the P4K? We were on a shoot today trying out the P4k and wanted some low angle shots as well as an overhead shot but had a hard time doing it. Had to borrow a GH5s for those shots

Borrowing a monitor would be easier, than changing a whole camera.

34 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

I've got the Ninja V - it works well but has some issues with the zebra accuracy ( see my other post)

30 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Borrowing a monitor would be easier, than changing a whole camera.

Yeah but no one had an external monitor nearby or a rental shop nearby. Time is essential and good thing someone know somebody who has a Panasonic nearby. I have a Ninja Inferno though but didnt bring them because I was unaware of the shots needed (was just bought in for consultation). Didnt check though if the P4k has an app that can work as a 2nd monitor like in other cameras. Also would have been more helpful if the screen had a little bit of tilt, not necessarily full 180. Anyway, it was just for quickly testing out the P4K for additional B-roll shots and realized there's still some stuff to be bought for those situations

29 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Yeah but no one had an external monitor nearby or a rental shop nearby. Time is essential and good thing someone know somebody who has a Panasonic nearby. I have a Ninja Inferno though but didnt bring them because I was unaware of the shots needed (was just bought in for consultation). Didnt check though if the P4k has an app that can work as a 2nd monitor like in other cameras. Also would have been more helpful if the screen had a little bit of tilt, not necessarily full 180. Anyway, it was just for quickly testing out the P4K for additional B-roll shots and realized there's still some stuff to be bought for those situations

Yep, a monitor is a must for many reasons. This camera can be used as it is, but most times it will need additional accessories. I will always suggest a SmallHD Focus, smallest and brightest solution.

If you do not care about brightness, one of the cheap 5.5" copy cats will do.

Hey guys, I’m shooting some interviews at the moment and have my T5 and an SD card in. But I only see the SSD. Why?

image.jpg

Also, first time recording with microphone through the mini XLR input, I am NOT using phantom power at the moment but I have SUPER CLEAR audio. I’m monitoring with noise cancelling headphones. But yeah, I know someone earlier had problems with the input. I’ll try with phantom when we’re not shooting for the client.

Yes, SSD and SD use the same usable slot, which is annoying if you don't plan on using Cfast for anything. Maybe they'll change that in a firmware update.

I was the one with Phantom power issues, but they have since (mostly) cleared up. I contacted BMD about it and they've said they haven't had any other complaints. After sending them some tests, I've been asked to send the camera back and they'll replace it within 10 days. I'm filming stuff that doesn't require in camera audio for the next week though, so I'll send it back after that. I think my camera just has some issues and it's not wide spread thing.