Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Not sure if you guys have seen this one yet. It's long. Skip here and there through it if you like. I've personally shot a LOT in the desert. This is what it's supposed to look like. I shot with multiple different cameras including the BMPCC and it looked very similar. Personally I think this camera is all it's cracked up to be, the physical quirks aside which will eventually get remedied.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Not sure if you guys have seen this one yet. It's long. Skip here and there through it if you like. I've personally shot a LOT in the desert. This is what it's supposed to look like. I shot with multiple different cameras including the BMPCC and it looked very similar. Personally I think this camera is all it's cracked up to be, the physical quirks aside which will eventually get remedied.

I agree this does look really clean. I think the flat grade also gives it more of that look that a lot of people associate with the bmpcc, but that's not really where that camera thrives. 

What's happening here with the highlights on the hood and the sky through the tree edges? Chromatic Aberration? Blue highlight bloom on the power line too.

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 2.51.22 PM.png

Just found out I'm next in line at Hot Rod Cameras! Getting pretty excited. For those who've used it, does the Viltrox .71 work well enough or is it Metabones or nothing? Sorry if this was answered in another thread. I tried looking around a little, but figured id just go ahead and ask since some have probably had more time to use it.

4 hours ago, graphicnatured said:

does the Viltrox .71 work well enough or is it Metabones or nothing?

I've used the Viltrox EF-M2 exclusively and it works great. You will loose an AF abilities the lens has, but I understand that's also the case with Metabones too. 

I assume you're not buying this for AF anyway, but worth mentioning just incase.

21 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I've used the Viltrox EF-M2 exclusively and it works great. You will loose an AF abilities the lens has, but I understand that's also the case with Metabones too. 

I assume you're not buying this for AF anyway, but worth mentioning just incase.

Pocket 4K tap-to-focus feature is actually unusable so better to accept manual focus as mandatory in this camera.

"Maybe someone should take the insides and make a proper re-housing with a proper F battery instead of the Canon"

Given the many non-Canon devices using this battery format, there ought to be 3rd party folks making various capacity compatible batts as is common in Sony style. The LPe6 has lots of room to grow in depth and capacity.

Make it so.

(you too Mr. Petty)

22 minutes later... WOW Say then to @John Brawley & @CaptainHook (I'd really like to address it to Grant Petty as well, but I guess he has already been informed directly and through his brand reps too ; ) this site doesn't sell cameras... Sure not... How have so many units been sold anyway...? ; ) I presume because of tap-to-focus feature, correct? LOL : -)