Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Really? So now prejudice or theory beat practice? Since then?

Post it, publish your findings or they are just coming from your keyboard. This applies from mine or someone else's as well : -)

None of the tests I've seen show auto focus that compares to Sony or Fuji. So there is no reason to believe a contrast detect system is going to magically beat systems that have inherently superior hybrid contrast/phase systems in them, especially in low contrast or back lit situations.

The last firmware I had on my GH5 was a lot better, usable at least. But its way behind the fuji.

Its not prejudice. A system with only contrast detection is lesser technology then one that has both.

12 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

None of the tests I've seen show auto focus that compares to Sony or Fuji. So there is no reason to believe a contrast detect system is going to magically beat systems that have inherently superior hybrid contrast/phase systems in them, especially in low contrast or back lit situations.

The last firmware I had on my GH5 was a lot better, usable at least. But its way behind the fuji.

Its not prejudice. A system with only contrast detection is lesser technology then one that has both.

And today? ; )

Well, 2 million dollars won't make that 100 bucks dinner less expensive than your million... ; -)

3 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Nothing against. Let's put our money where evidence is, though : ) I'd sincerely appreciate to see AF comparatives. People talk, talk but from theoretical presumptions... Facts are beyond that.

Sure, if someone shows the GH5 beating an XT3 or A7III I'll believe it. However just because panasonic releases a new firmware addressing auto focus doesn't automatically make me think its now operating as well as the two previously mentioned cameras. They've already made like 3 firmware updates addressing auto focus. 

19 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Sure, if someone shows the GH5 beating an XT3 or A7III I'll believe it. However just because panasonic releases a new firmware addressing auto focus doesn't automatically make me think its now operating as well as the two previously mentioned cameras. They've already made like 3 firmware updates addressing auto focus. 

Indeed. Even though the results I've seen they have impressed me. They should be working hard to address the issue, isn't it? No GH5 here now. It only remains my four G7 units, so I am unable to see by myself. Hey, I am a believer, though! : -)

Very well @andrgl, it is the second time at least (I only recall my positive remark on Sareesh aka wolfcrow you certainly don't share) you downvote me from your customary reaction towards some members over here when you don't like anything, so I suggest you spill the beans this time...

I am all ears to see your visual : D and factual evidence that we can't have hope on Panasonic firmware updates or you will only downvote me once again instead...?

LOL : )

PS: Because if it is for my OT discussion with @thebrothersthre3 once you've downvoted his entries as well or you are virgin over there as we all : -D let me remind you something to our -- mine and his defense in behalf of the fact that P4K is the resurrection of MFT to mismatch the Northrup's death proclamation ; ) I see nothing but useful to not presume the Queen of the format (GH series) is already outdated. Even Fuji's for its price range and segment, let alone questions on reliability and so on, they also converge to be related to this new Pocket 4K camera, obviously (just my 2 cents, fellow : -)

Has anyone tried out the Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 g2 with the BMP4K? Looks like the perfect combo for handheld stuff to me. I came across some footage a while back and it didn't look like there was much lens breathing either (sorry footage link lost at the moment).

53 minutes ago, SR said:

Has anyone tried out the Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 g2 with the BMP4K? Looks like the perfect combo for handheld stuff to me. I came across some footage a while back and it didn't look like there was much lens breathing either (sorry footage link lost at the moment).

I have this glass. Just waiting for my cam to arrive

Just can't believe how cheap this camera feels in the hand! 

I used also my good ol' NX1s, which I believe have the best grip and ergonomics, and are extremely well build and robust, and the difference is huge.

Maybe someone should take the insides and make a proper re-housing with a proper F battery instead of the Canon, which is no fun while in the middle of a shooting. It was very stressful last night.

The grip is kinda awkward as well,it lives better on grips and gimbals. I wonder how long the buttons n dials will last 

Maybe it is wiser to see the industry responds and/or the braw implementation first.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Just can't believe how cheap this camera feels in the hand! 

I used also my good ol' NX1s, which I believe have the best grip and ergonomics, and are extremely well build and robust, and the difference is huge.

Maybe someone should take the insides and make a proper re-housing with a proper F battery instead of the Canon, which is no fun while in the middle of a shooting. It was very stressful last night.

The grip is kinda awkward as well,it lives better on grips and gimbals. I wonder how long the buttons n dials will last 

Maybe it is wiser to see the industry responds and/or the braw implementation first.

What do you mean rehouse? Get rid of the current P4K body? I heard it's plastic-like  maybe you just need to put it in a cage.

28 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

Just can’t believe how cheap this camera is.

Pop it in a cage (I’ve got the 8Sinn one) and it feels absolutely fine. And it’s still cheap!

Different perspectives which sums up the whole point. Plastic, yeah, so what?! Lightweight requires it to begin with. I guess price range follows. That's what P4K users ask for. Horses for courses. There are other cameras to fulfill different cups.

20 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I note some error from your keyboard though, Don... you mean "...Arri Alexa image quality..." instead? LOL ; -)

Yeah you know I think with some skill it might not be too far off. I know the bit rate is lower even in Raw. But there is nearly enough info there to make some damn good stuff happen.

Think about it. We have seen Very little footage with a Speedbooster on one. That ought to kick it up a notch as they say. And a couple of nice Cooke Anamorphic PL lenses hanging off the SB. Hell away we go. Andrew ought to be able to make that happen. Hint. ?