Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Great! I am going your way too!

I am staying NX at the moment (I have 4 cameras and 8 lenses plus unlimited accessories) using those as my hybrid cameras, and I will eventually buy a P4K as a dedicated video camera, until change hybrid system altogether sometime in the next couple of years. Photos are just a small portion of my pro life anyway, so doesn't make a lot of sense to invest a lot of coin that way.

I am waiting for your real world experiences and comments eagerly.

It will be difficult to match the cameras, I have filmconvert and maybe that helps a little.

Does Resolve have support for the NX1 colour and gamma profiles?  If so, you could use the Colour Space Transform OSX plugin to convert both types of files to a common colour space.

Although it's not perfect, I've had good results and it does most of the work, I just wish it had support for Protune so I could also use it to match GoPro footage.

I am working right now with a P4K.

Can't believe how cheap the construction feels (and probably is), buttons and wheels feel toy like.

The monitor is amazing, UI too. It balances ok, but not perfect with the Crane 2, it is kinda wide. 

I can't say I am really enthusiastic about it! Already burned most of our batteries. e..t.c

11 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

The monitor is amazing...

Like a girl, you have no clue why she is the one but she is... ; -)

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story
All about the girl who came to stay?
She's the kind of girl
You want so much it make you sorry
Still you don't regret a single day
Ah, girl, girl, girl...
"

~ JL & PM

28 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I am working right now with a P4K.

Can't believe how cheap the construction feels (and probably is), buttons and wheels feel toy like.

The monitor is amazing, UI too. It balances ok, but not perfect with the Crane 2, it is kinda wide. 

I can't say I am really enthusiastic about it! Already burned most of our batteries. e..t.c

Yeah its really a bummer when the exterior is shitty. Handling is a big part of using a camera. I wouldn't mind it being $200 more for a better body. I don't know, we are probably just too picky. Its still a banging deal for the price.

12 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yes but at least it gives the companies a reason to constantly improve. ?

People tend to forget when this same camera outcome didn't exist at all for any price actually... Nothing at all.

Closer only into the $100,000 realm without mention studio recorder and player to add a post production suite to double or triple the six digits investment.

I am just done with so picky and uneducated complaints. People need to get scope before start shooting without perspective at all from absolute ignorance, bad memory or simply lighthearted distortion of reality.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

People tend to forget when this same camera outcome didn't exist at all for any price actually... Nothing at all.

Closer only into the $100,000 realm without mention studio recorder and player to add a post production suite, to double or triple the investment.

I am done with so picky and uneducated complaints. People need to get scope before start shooting without perspective.

Well of course. I don't think the body being cheap is uneducated though. You could take bodies in the same price range that are much nicer.

But yes its a revolutionary camera.

You can say the same about the GH5 though or the Fuji XT3 etc...

27 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Well of course. I don't think the body being cheap is uneducated though. You could take bodies in the same price range that are much nicer.

But yes its a revolutionary camera.

You can say the same about the GH5 though or the Fuji XT3 etc...

Sure, even though fair reports on lack of reliability for X-T3 should concern much more than plastic because it doesn't look like very likely PRO... Sigh : )

I am a PRO because that's what I proudly do for living from a plastic camera !

This even makes me a better PRO... LOL

3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Sure, even though the XT3 reports on lack of reliability should concern more than plastic because it doesn't look like very likely PRO... Sigh : -)

I've heard reports of Canon and Sony cameras dying abruptly too. I am not really worried though. I always bring back ups in case of such a thing.

I've heard of RED cameras abruptly going bad, its just the nature of tech IMO. If you really need 100% reliability you just have to be prepared for such a break down. I guess its always possible that your main camera and 2 back ups all break down, but its a freak of nature.

I'll definitely be getting the BMP 4K though I feel like it will be outdated in a short period of time. I guess that is the case with all cameras though.

8 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I'll definitely be getting the BMP 4K though I feel like it will be outdated in a short period of time. I guess that is the case with all cameras though.

Funny, I think exactly the opposite. This camera is already outdated from the scratch... Remember, it is MFT : D Well, to my eyes otherwise, it will be much hard to be beaten. To take the previous example(s), not even when BMD will launch a substitute ; -)

8 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

I've heard reports of Canon and Sony cameras dying abruptly too. I am not really worried though. I always bring back ups in case of such a thing.

I've heard of RED cameras abruptly going bad, its just the nature of tech IMO. If you really need 100% reliability you just have to be prepared for such a break down. I guess its always possible that your main camera and 2 back ups all break down, but its a freak of nature.

I never had a single problem with Panasonic gear BTW...

I guess that's why I don't mind to be called a Panny fanboy : -D

32 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Funny, I think exactly the opposite. This camera is already outdated from the scratch... Remember, it is MFT : D Well, to my eyes otherwise, it will be much hard to be beaten. To take the previous example(s), not even when BMD will launch a substitute ; -)

I never had a single problem with Panasonic gear BTW...

I guess that's why I don't mind to be called a Panny fanboy : -D

I was as well but I left as Auto focus wasn't good enough for me. Their bodies were really great though. Can't beat the feel and size of the GH5. The GH4 was really nice too. 

6 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

The new updates definitely seem a lot better then before. Still can't compare with Sony or Fuji unfortunately. Its the old contrast detect system.

Source for (verifying) such bold statement? ; )

Prejudice?

It can even be true but what do you or we know on the subject matter?

I can't compare them... Can you?

Where's a fair comparison? And you or anyone else will be able to shut fanboys mouth then... ; -)