Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I don't find it disappointing at all. What similar camera you have for the price?

I get more than one solution for everything you've just mentioned...

Every single one of them...

This camera is still a milestone. You just need to know how to shoot with it : -)

at what price does it ends up if you add all solutions you need ?

maybe is it better to spend a bit more in camera and less in accesories to fix the flaws of the camera

1 minute ago, thephoenix said:

just that if you had all solution you need at what price does it ends up ?

maybe is it better to spend a bit more in camera and less in accesories to fix the flaws of the camera

I firmly disagree. Every single camera needs accessories... Trust me, this camera needs the most affordable accessories you find out there : -)

25 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I don't find it disappointing at all. What similar camera you have for the price?

I get more than one solution for everything you've just mentioned...

Every single one of them...

This camera is still a milestone. You just need to know how to shoot with it : -)

It's not always about the price.
I'm sure every Pocket 4k possible owners would be glad to pay more to not have to change Battery every 40 minutes.
Or buy an additional screen, loosing all tthe tactile functions.

The Pocket "good" price will cost more to the users efficiently.

Last year I was planning on getting a video assist 4K to complement my GX80 (to get around the 30min limit). 700 euro. Oh, and some batteries x2. And a hdmi cable. And some really expensive SD cards. The grand total of all this would have been more than a single P4K, T5 drive included. Without a resolve license. Without the original cost of the GX80.

While I agree 1h or 1h20 battery life would have been really nice to give us, it is not a deal breaker.

Sure not, Yannick! Such complaints only raise either a smile or a loud sigh in my face : )

Alex, as much as every camera out there. That is, it is much likely that another camera will cost much higher if not lots of "much"... BTW take it as mushroom effect. This is anything related to this camera in particular. Every camera requires that or another extra cost. This camera will always cost less than the most camera options.

: -)

21 minutes ago, Alex Uzan said:

It's not always about the price.
I'm sure every Pocket 4k possible owners would be glad to pay more to not have to change Battery every 40 minutes.
Or buy an additional screen, loosing all tthe tactile functions.

The Pocket "good" price will cost more to the users efficiently.

I don't find the battery life a problem (it's more like 30mins BTW) and if you want RAW, ProRes, 4k60p and dual ISO without any other unnecessary features then I think BM did an excellent  job esp on the UI and priced it at an amazing level. No camera is perfect but not having a perfect camera is not a reason you can't shoot excellent footage -  It seems a universal reason to moan on forums though....

20 minutes ago, Yannick Willox said:

Last year I was planning on getting a video assist 4K to complement my GX80 (to get around the 30min limit). 700 euro. Oh, and some batteries x2. And a hdmi cable. And some really expensive SD cards. The grand total of all this would have been more than a single P4K, T5 drive included. Without a resolve license. Without the original cost of the GX80.

While I agree 1h or 1h20 battery life would have been really nice to give us, it is not a deal breaker.

Don't forget the batteries in the video assist die pretty quick too, so you'll need more than 2 of those for sure.

I've already remedied this phantom  power issue by picking up a great deal NTG4+ which is self powered. 

You can also get those little inline phantom power providers, but I have no experience with those. 

56 minutes ago, Yannick Willox said:

I agree. Right now I´m waiting for the cable-set to be shipped to use a V-Mount-Sollution to power the camera on the rig.

For Gimbal use I can change the battery if nessecary, but otherwise it´s not that bad.

As for other things I´d like to see besides Blackmagic Raw:

Cinemascope Recording-Modes and a better Playback-Interface would be great.

2 hours ago, Alex Uzan said:

would be glad to pay more to not have to change Battery every 40 minutes.

Various hybrid camera owner here.  Tell me how I can do this with any of my camera's OEM bats.  30-50 is what I typically experience.

I think the Black Magic camera is a fine value.  You don't want it, don't get.  No need to make excuses.  All hybrid cameras shooting video are a compromise.

2 hours ago, thephoenix said:

at what price does it ends up if you add all solutions you need ?

BMPCC4K -1350EUR
SAMSUNG T5 (500go) - 139EUR
VILTROX 0.71x - 89EUR
SMALLRIG Cage - 134EUR

1623EUR total, a bit less than a brand new GH5. I can't see me spending more than 2000EUR total. If I want an extra SSD + rig parts.
We can shave off 200EUR for Davinci Resolve as well.

The only flaw that pisses me off a little bit is the goddamn battery door. Blackmagic we need a BMPCC4K Battery door MKII, please. That one swings open with 0.2 G force.

7 minutes ago, TILT said:

BMPCC4K -1350EUR
SAMSUNG T5 (500go) - 139EUR
VILTROX 0.71x - 89EUR
SMALLRIG Cage - 134EUR

1623EUR total, a bit less than a brand new GH5. I can't see me spending more than 2000EUR total. If I want an extra SSD + rig parts.
We can shave off 200EUR for Davinci Resolve as well.

The only flaw that pisses me off a little bit is the goddamn battery door. Blackmagic we need a BMPCC4K Battery door MKII, please. That one swings open with 0.2 G force.

You also need to add to a GH5/GH5s many of those things and additionally have you seen the cost of V90 SDXC cards you need for the 400mbps codec?

Nothing wrong with the battery door if you remove it as it serves no purpose other than to slow down battery changes.

20 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

You also need to add to a GH5/GH5s many of those things and additionally have you seen the cost of V90 SDXC cards you need for the 400mbps codec?

Nothing wrong with the battery door if you remove it as it serves no purpose other than to slow down battery changes.

I won't use any coupler, I'll use their 2 pin (fake lemo) with a NP-F970 plate. So, I'd prefer a battery door that closes. Not huge deal anyway. Gaffa tape will save the day.
And yeah I chose ssd over v90 sd for a good reason. 189EUR for 128GO whereas I get 500GO for the same amount. No brainer.

4 minutes ago, TILT said:

I won't use any coupler, I'll use their 2 pin (fake lemo) with a NP-F970 plate. So, I'd prefer a battery door that closes. Not huge deal anyway. Gaffa tape will save the day.
And yeah I chose ssd over v90 sd for a good reason. 189EUR for 128GO whereas I get 500GO for the same amount. No brainer.

How does the battery door close with a wire coming out of the dummy battery?