Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

The follow focus by Tilta is very good.

I would also like to see a version of that design with a battery in the handgrip instead of the FF, which would make it more affordable.

At the moment, the early power solutions aren't very elegant.

The Hasselblad modular grip which doubles as a battery is a nice way forward especially if you have two handles either side of the cage.

1 hour ago, Alex Uzan said:

So Andrew should get its Pocket4K today or tomorrow.
I can't wait to see what he has to say this new camera, since I can't stand anymore almost all those YT reviewers which (deliberatly ?) forget to mention flaws or good things.

I am as sick as these shill YT vids as much as you are! I've learnt jack shit so far, aside from the fact most of them have no artistic cinematic sensibilities and just have one shooting style - ADHD glossy glamour :)

So bummed about this tilta pack, still hope I can makeshift a way to use the nucleus N easy with the 8sinn half cage. (Which is crazy cause I paid 300 for halfcage/handle which Tilta has for half the price). Anyone know if the pistol grip/focus controller could be a good idea with the N motor? I feel like it would be a nice way to hold it handheld, one hand on grip, one on side handle.

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I am as sick as these shill YT vids as much as you are! I've learnt jack shit so far, aside from the fact most of them have no artistic cinematic sensibilities and just have one shooting style - ADHD glossy glamour :)

Has your one shown up yet?

2 hours ago, Snuff said:

Camera: Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 
Lenses: Contax Zeiss MMJ 18/4, 28/2.8, 35/2.8, 50/1.4, 85/1.4, 135/2.8 
CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, ISO 1250~3200 
Arri Skypanel S30-C x 3 
Metabones Speedbooster XL 0.64x 
DJI Ronin-S

That isn't your video is it Snuff? Or is it?

Just letting you know that putting in the shooting details with nothing else makes it seem like you are sharing your own work.

Anyway thanks for the link and copying the info from youtube.

There are some funky colour things happening there.  The reds seem to be almost showing that red clipping issue and the yellow shadows on the face are strange.  I wonder if that was the grade or whether the sensor reacts like that naturally.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Hey Andrew ! I made a review of the camera ! I tried to stay impartial and to put as much footage as possible in it and not just filming myself just talking about the camera. That's actually what made me do this review in the first place. I can't take it anymore : people talking about something in front of a camera with no footage to show. If you have time, I'd really like to have your input on my review ! Cheers ! (I'm sorry to for the repost :confused:)

1 hour ago, MattH said:

That isn't your video is it Snuff? Or is it?

Just letting you know that putting in the shooting details with nothing else makes it seem like you are sharing your own work.

It is not my video. When I put my video here I write about it.

22 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Just checked now (without the 1:2.40 frame guides) and yes there is a very slight corner shading wide open at the wide end but I wouldn't call it a problem and nothing that can't be fixed in the grade. Maybe on the Metabones it's different though?

Okay, I just figured this out: it's the HOOD. With the sunhood on I get significant vignetting (on the left especially). Without it it's, like you said, not worth mentioning.

When monitoring audio through the camera, I’ve noticed a bit I a lag. Has anyone else experinced this?

its not really a problem, just a little distracting if you can hear the talent talking in the room and then almost an echo in the headphones. 

My Atomos did the same, but I put it down to the HDMI signal being slightly delayed. Now, of course, the HDMI element is taken out of the situation.  

On 10/27/2018 at 11:51 PM, Anaconda_ said:

Maybe it’s because I’m using adapter lenses , but I’m having no problems with CA or distortion. 

I do have the cheap as chips MFT Meike 28mm f2.8 and that also works perfectly. Maybe wider, native lenses present a problem though

Only electronic lenses would have options to correct distortion in a Panasonic body. 

So your 28mm would look exactly the same on a GH5S or a BMPCC4K

On 10/27/2018 at 11:53 PM, Shirozina said:

The monitor is just not bright enough and also the screen is highly reflective so outside use is problematic without a hood or Loupe.

Kinda defeats the purpose of the MASSIVE monitor on the BMPCC4K then.