Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

28 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Just confirming it doesn't work with my Metabones T Ultra with touch AF or one shot AF.

Tested with a range of Canon and Tamron lenses both EF and EF-S, none of which work either.

Aperture control is fine and the IS is operative but not indicated in the camera.

AF works fine on my GX80 obviously but also with my JVC LS300 so its not just a case of it only working on a "native" for want of a better word MFT camera.

Considering there is no AF, anyone looking for a focus control option for Canon lenses might want to take a look at the Aputure DEC products as they are both on sale right now.

There are two versions, one with a speed booster and the other with electronic ND.

Both offer very nice focus wireless focus control with storable points as well as aperture control. 

If you go for the speed boosted option then obviously you can just use it as an adapter without the additional controllers and remote interface (the thing sticking out that looks like a PocketWizard flash receiver) to keep the form factor down.

Absolute bargains at these newly reduced prices.

1690413679_ScreenShot2018-10-28at10_34_36.png.018c7950e164af9d92c5f93a9a3b743b.png

Yes, its got a 4 stage indicator, which makes it 25% more accurate than the cameras 3 stage Full/Some/None indicating strategy ;) 

hi

where do you get this prices ??

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
2 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

But 95% more trustworthy I image.

Shame the DEC LensRegain is sold out in Europe. It would be great, especially with the start/stop function (if that worked with this camera).

Indeed !

I have the LensRegain version and at the price its at in the US Store (where it seems to be in stock) its worth paying the import duty for

332024448_ScreenShot2018-10-28at11_03_36.thumb.png.10c6e22a52de579f2eeba657d8c585f8.png

https://www.aputure.com/products/dec-lensregain?variant

Hopefully it will come back in stock in the EU store.

I might actually take a punt on the electronic ND version as well.

Unfortunately, the REC button doesn't work on the BM camera though.

1 hour ago, Slothorp said:

That's not what I have seen from my tests.
Pictures shot with same lens, at same aperture, at native iso (800 for the BMPCC, 400 for the BP4K) : 

BMPCC DR_1.2.2_1.2.3.jpg

BP4K DR_1.1.4.jpg

Thanks. From my tests the Pocket 4K is very much comparable to the A73 in terms of DR.
So at least 2 stops better than the GH5(s)

1 hour ago, Snuff said:

It seems you still need some IR filtration with the new Pocket. Top picture is from the P4K with a dense ND filter. Bottom is from a smartphone.

KmPu-WGdyUg.jpg

Yep, noticed as well... :(

Hello guys ! Hopefully, you'll have my 15 minute long review of the camera this afternoon. The upload crashed last night. It was a long time I hadn't create a YouTube channel, I forgot the pain in the ass it is to deal with YouTube ! (same goes with FB!) You can change the name of your channel but it takes days to appear, same with photos. Also once you put a background image, you can't have none anymore, etc. You shoot and edit a review that took you weeks and you just can't upload it easily. Boy was I mad at YouTube in front of my computer yesterday :joy: ! With all the recent/not so recent Vimeo issues as well (not able to load a simple fullHD video without a scandalous wait! policy changing...), we really need another video website to enter the game. This monopoly is just unbearable and counterproductive. And the overall management of YouTube reminds me of MySpace. If YouTube is still here, it is only because there's the only one on the market (not even talking about the dreaded Dailymotion website and app :astonished:). Fiiiiouuu ! Sorry for the rant but it felt good :smirk:

Is anyone in the U.S. interested in a couple of CFast chips? When I sold my 1DXM2 earlier this year I kept them thinking I would pick up the BMPCC4K but since decided to go with the Fuji which works better for my needs. Since I have no longer a need, these chips are gather dust. Send me a PM if interested.

6 hours ago, tonysss said:

Yes, unfortunately ?  ,  my OT BMPCC is visibly +2 stops DR up from my GH5. I see it in all videos of new pockets, dynamic range that is noticeably down ?

It's interesting that you're able to perform DR comparisons by mentally comparing unrelated and differently graded shots seen on youtube, and are confident enough in the results to announce them.

The usual complaint about youtube "reviews" of BMD cameras is that the tuber has no idea how to grade the material, so the tests are meaningless.  But it's gone one better now:  comparisons of unrelated shots (from youtube?) done by memory.

• Super Members
35 minutes ago, Papiskokuji said:

My review is finally online ! I hope it will help people and answer a few questions ! Let me know what you think of it ! It took me so much time and yet I just have shaky footage to show... :cold_sweat: I'll shoot something decent soon, a real project !

Really enjoyable.

I agree with you regarding the initial impression of the build quality.

It is almost certainly more robust than it feels but I wouldn't fancy putting that to the test !

The buttons could have done with having a bit more travel or resistance (especially the Record button which on mine at least is so easily activated that it feels more like a touch sensor than a physical switch!) but, yes, I do think its a really nice layout too.

The menu system is up there with the Leica T in terms of elegance and simplicity and it would be great in a future update if BM took a similar path as Leica with offering an option for a custom menu screen with just the functions you want from other menus.

20 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Really enjoyable.

I agree with you regarding the initial impression of the build quality.

It is almost certainly more robust than it feels but I wouldn't fancy putting that to the test !

The buttons could have done with having a bit more travel or resistance (especially the Record button which on mine at least is so easily activated that it feels more like a touch sensor than a physical switch!) but, yes, I do think its a really nice layout too.

The menu system is up there with the Leica T in terms of elegance and simplicity and it would be great in a future update if BM took a similar path as Leica with offering an option for a custom menu screen with just the functions you want from other menus.

Thank you ! It is nice to hear, especially coming from someone I always enjoy reading !

Yes I'm sure the camera can endure shocks but I won't try it either ! Blackmagic could surely offer a "my menu" tab, but the whole menu is so clean and simple, I don't even know I would use it !

Anyway, I had so much more to say about the camera, but doing it in english was so exhausting haha, so I tried to keep it simple. In french, I'd probably freestyle for hours about the camera !

• Super Members
1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

yes thanks

but as i said it is impossible for me to buy from us store, each time i want to checkout my cart goes emty

am i the only one ?

Sorry, your other posts didn't appear on my view (possibly as you are a new member I think so there is a delay)

I've just had a look at both sites and its doing the same in terms of emptying the cart when you try to check out whether its the lens regain or ND version.

However, on a hunch, on the European one I added one of their Amaran lights first, then added the ND (which is the only one in stock), then removed the light from the cart and it retained the ND in the cart when I went to the checkout as you can see here 

87810529_ScreenShot2018-10-28at17_56_11.thumb.png.7b2fdbb2db5a34a70a9debe939a94041.png

Try that in the US store as it might be worth a go.

Other than that, try the contact page and message them about whats going on as it might just be a weird glitch (which it seems it could be judging by my basket trick).