Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, jonpais said:

Just how many fn buttons are there on the P4K anyway?

There are 3 programable and 3 dedicated (ISO, Shuuter, WB) all right around your index finger along with the recird and still record buttons.

I've got the 3 prog dedicated to false color, peaking and LUT.

The touch screen interface is really great and fast and the screen is great too.

Recording UHD 24p to SD card with no issues.

Happy to report that adding a non glare screen protector to the Pocket has made a huge difference. Much easier to see the screen in direct sun while still being bright and sharp. Still easier to see in the shade obviously but now not unusable in sun.

As others have said, I'm also a big fan of the menu system, add to that the scroll wheel with push action, dedicated ISO, SHUTTER and WB buttons plus three custom buttons and you can change all the most used functions easily with just your right hand on the grip. I have my Function buttons set to 1)False Colour 2) LUT Toggle 3)Focus peaking toggle.

2 hours ago, Dan Wake said:

can this camera write on this card that I already own? https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00HUWW8KQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thx

Given that it's udma 7 it should handle everything but uncompressed raw (the blackmagic site has the data rates of each format listed). But best to get someone else to confirm as I'm not %100.

1 hour ago, A_Urquhart said:

Happy to report that adding a non glare screen protector to the Pocket has made a huge difference. 

Have you noticed any difference in viewing angle? Also, would you be happy share which one you got and for how much?

25 minutes ago, tgan said:

Have you noticed any difference in viewing angle? Also, would you be happy share which one you got and for how much?

No difference, viewing angles are still really good.... there really doesn't seem to be any negatives to it plus is stop finger prints getting all over the glossy screen.

I just bought a generic, no name Chinese one that is meant for an iPad from a small phone repair shop. It was AUD$19. I had a hard time finding any stores that sold any name brand versions.  

Measured the screen, cut it with a guillotine for straight edges and applied it. 

I really like this camera but there is an issue that it is making me not buy it: the vent system.

How do you prevent dust and water to go through the vent system? I worried about this because it looks like that is not wheater sealed enough. And also the hole below the camera could be closed due to the plate of a trypod...

There is people telling me that Red and Arri have the same issue so I have to get over it.

For the price point and the features offered, this camera is amazing. But I need to know that my 1290€ are not going to the toilet because I was shooting in a location and some soft rain screw the sensor through the vent system...

Thanks in advance

• Super Members
26 minutes ago, filmspa said:

There is people telling me that Red and Arri have the same issue so I have to get over it.

Ive had a couple of cameras with vents. The BMCC, BMPC4K, D16, Red-1 and XC-10.

None of them have given me any issues with it. The BMCC and BMPC4K also had the vents close to the tripod plate but it was fine (btw, I still suspect this is a BMCCii thats been renamed).

No one can guarantee that it will work just as good on this camera, but I wouldn't worry about it if the camera ticks your other boxes.

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ive had a couple of cameras with vents. The BMCC, BMPC4K, D16, Red-1 and XC-10.

None of them have given me any issues with it. The BMCC and BMPC4K also had the vents close to the tripod plate but it was fine (btw, I still suspect this is a BMCCii thats been renamed).

No one can guarantee that it will work just as good on this camera, but I wouldn't worry about it if the camera ticks your other boxes.

Thank you, Mattias.

this noising red color, over ISO 800, is strange...

But I do not know camera without noise, ALEXA, RED all noising. In professional coloring you have much to denoising.

this video is enough for me underexposing.

On A7SII and GH5s red channel so no noising.