Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

12 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

Actually I now think it's better than an Arri Alexa and at least as good as 70mm film ( i.e as good as the GH5). This is just a personal view from seeing it on youtube but I'm totally convinced! ?

Almost there ; )

I wouldn't pay much more for such in any way other than as pretext to charge more for my services ; -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

An interesting read:  http://www.focuspulling.com/bmpcc4k-learning/

For example, "Bob insists that the Pocket 4K’s sensor is not the same manufacturing part as the one in the GH5S", Bob being Bob Caniglia of Blackmagic Design.

Also, on P4K ("Quattro Kappa" for Italians) memory cards and SSD, USB-C variants, audio XLR and 4 mics on the camera, bluetooth remote control, Extended Video, dual ISO, shutter angle vs. speed, window(ed) shooting, etc.

9 hours ago, Novim said:

An interesting read:  http://www.focuspulling.com/bmpcc4k-learning/

For example, "Bob insists that the Pocket 4K’s sensor is not the same manufacturing part as the one in the GH5S", Bob being Bob Caniglia of Blackmagic Design.

Hard to buy that. There are barely any M43 sensors on the market. Is there really another out there with the same oversized dimensions and dual ISO that we somehow haven't heard about?

I'm not sure if the lack of adjustable screen is due to it being a 'cinema' camera where the world is expected to bend around the camera instead of the other way around, or if it was a size or cost measure, but the idea of it being a 'cinema' thing fits with the great attention and effort towards image specs and (relative) lack of effort towards ergonomics for hand-holding.

I must say that as someone who shoots in whatever conditions I am given, a tilt screen is worth a huge amount to me, enabling up to a third or half of my shots, either with a low angle or a high angle to get over the heads of the other tourists in front of me!

We're really seeing a merging of devices with cinema camera specs in an almost DSLR form-factor meeting DSLR and mirrorless cameras with video specs almost at cinema camera standards, but the two haven't merged yet.

It'll only be when we get a camera that shoots RAW but also has IBIS and a half-decent grip that we'll have achieved unification.

I'm waiting for that day eagerly! :)

3 hours ago, Dan Wake said:

why it's not smooth? its shaky....

is this camera too heavy?

The operator doesn't know how to move with it. There could also be balance/tuning issues.  The lack of basic operating skill evident in the video doesn't suggest a high degree of competence in the setup.   There are also fundamental limits to smooth gimbal operation without stabilizing arms.  Most gimbal review videos avoid showing how bad it can be, and how bad the operator is.  This explains brief cuts, shots in open areas and lots of slow motion.

In a word, another useless youtube gimbal review....  

Camera : Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K 
Shooting Format : 4:1 RAW at DCI 4K resolution 25P. ISO 800-2500
Shooting Frame Rate : DCI 4K 50fps 
Lens : Metabone Speedbooster 0.71xl EF to M 4/3 
Lens : LOMO Petzval 58mm ART Lens. 

Editing :Natively in RAW with DaVinci Resolve Studio 15 
Grading : DaVinci Resolve Studio 15