Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

Cvp emailed me saying they have recieved cameras and will allocate them first come first served. 

I haven’t had mine allocated yet and they previously told me I was in the first 20. That means cvp must have recieved less than 20 cameras.

The first Pocket camera trickled into the UK at a very slow pace - some places got 5 a week, some got 3 or less. Unfortunately, you're all going to have to play the waiting game - the US & Asia got them a lot quicker than those of us in the UK last time round, but we did get them....in the end!

1 hour ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

The first Pocket camera trickled into the UK at a very slow pace - some places got 5 a week, some got 3 or less. Unfortunately, you're all going to have to play the waiting game - the US & Asia got them a lot quicker than those of us in the UK last time round, but we did get them....in the end!

Yep you are right. I have been informed today that only received 10 units arrived in the whole of the uk. These have been distributed around between the main suppliers with some using as their test models. While others may just ship their received one or two. 

To those awaiting your Pocket4K's.....stock up on LPE6 batteries!

So far I've only used the camera with the battery that it's supplied with but the camera chews through it at an alarming rate. Also, the battery meter with the supplied battery is not very reliable at all. It jumps around from 1/2, back up to 3/4 then flashes red for less than a minute and dies. The first few times I used it, the camera died when the meter showed more than half remaining but with a few discharges and charges of the battery, I think it's getting better. I haven't done any real tests to test record time but I got less than an hour of powered up time before it died. I was shooting outside though, with the screen at 100% brightness (more on that below).

The manual states that the battery meter can be set to show a remaining percentage with supported batteries but the BMD battery does not seem to be supported as I only have the option to show the battery graphical icon (unreliable) or voltage. I have four Wasabi 2600mah  batteries arriving on Monday so will test with those.

In direct sunlight, the screen is not really usable. At 100% and with a LUT on it makes it a little easier to see, but it's highly reflective and not quite bright enough especially showing a flat Film Log image. I'll need to make a shade for it, but then with it not being tiltable will mean that II'll have to hold it at eye level when shooting with is not comfortable and doesn't lend itself to steady shots. 

BTW, sorry, I wasn't able to do the sound tests yesterday. The inbuilt mics sound pretty good and you only really hear the fan if you are in a dead quiet room. I should be able to do it on Monday.

So far, the battery and screen issues are disappointing BUT I am absolutely LOVING the images the camera is producing. The images are very detailed but not too sharp (a good thing!).

I have shot with most DSLR's out there from Sony Aseries, Panasonic GH series, Fuji X-T2 and have never seen any Hybrid cameras produce the images the Pocket4K does.......and this is just shooting ProResLT to an SD card as thats all I had on me at the times.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Hell by the time you put a battery grip, a SSD, a mike, a cage, ND filters, oh and you Need a Gimbal because it has no IBIS, a wireless focus controller because it has no continuous AF, you might as well carry around a Arri Alexa!

Hardly, a pocket 4K probably won’t cost more then 4000$ fully tricked out with every possible accessory.