Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

Well, I only briefly owned the 17-55mm a few years ago so I don’t remember to be honest. The 35mm f/2 has them but I would call them soft stops. Basically, you can feel a stop on either end but the rubber grip continues to spin so it also can feel like there isn’t a stop if you’re not paying attention.

But with a lot of follow focus’, you can set hard stops. With my current setup, I’m not using a follow focus so I don’t have a lot of information about which products have that feature.

Ok, thanks a lot. I have a shooting coming in november and am looking for convenient alternatives. As for now, we're probably going to rent a set of Veydras.  

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
54 minutes ago, mercer said:

Don’t you just have to unscrew the back guard/fin and remove it?

I took a hacksaw to an ef-s lens that I got cheap to fit on a speedbooster. 

The performance of the lens was so crap though that I might as well have sawn both ends off it.

Shrug, I like my GH5, Metabones Speedbooster 0.64XL, and either 18-35 Sigma Art, or Tokina 11-16.

Both lens work great, yes, there is some vignetting on the wider ends, I just zoom until I find it acceptable.

Not hard to do, though, those follow focus rings would be nice to have, I will have pick some up.

I want to try a Sigma Art 11-24 FF lens, no doubt I will probably get one...

13 minutes ago, buggz said:

Shrug, I like my GH5, Metabones Speedbooster 0.64XL, and either 18-35 Sigma Art, or Tokina 11-16.

Both lens work great, yes, there is some vignetting on the wider ends, I just zoom until I find it acceptable.

Not hard to do, though, those follow focus rings would be nice to have, I will have pick some up.

I want to try a Sigma Art 11-24 FF lens, no doubt I will probably get one...

12-24 f4?

1 hour ago, mercer said:

the back fin also keeps the connections in place, so you need to saw a bit off. I did it the other day on the 10-20mm. I use it with the Viltrox EF-M2 and it's crazy wide. 

Strangely though, I can only zoom out to 11ish mm as I guess the glass in the lens hits a part of the booster at that point.

I think it even hits the glass in the booster, so keep that in mind if you plan on doing something similar. 

2 hours ago, mercer said:

I have the ef-s 17-55mm and you can just pull the back part off with your fingers, no need to unscrew anything. You do need to use some force but it seems safe to do - I think it's different to newer ef-s lenses where you do have to use a hacksaw. With that part removed, it should be fine to use on a speedbooster. The focus ring on this lens has soft stops, it's nice to use - with a slightly longer focus throw than the Tamron or Sigma equivalents. The stabilisation is only 3 stops but it's very smooth for video - it doesn't jump around abruptly like some Tamron lenses or Lumix lenses seem to do when panning. The build quality isn't that great unfortunately, it feels a bit fragile considering how much it weighs.

I contacted my retailer (Sydney, Aus) yesterday and they said they still had no firm data on a shipping date.

Also, question from a noob, why do so many Pocket 4K owners here use/want the speedbooster? This will be my first camera and I was just planning on buying a native lens. Do people use the speedbooster because it's better, or just because they already have lenses that require it?