Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For those who think Grant Petty is a philanthropist giving away free software and cameras - well first, the P4K is a great deal as far as I can tell - and for sure, Blackmagic isn’t as big as Sony - but their business is nothing if not profitable, with an annual revenue exceeding $300 million a year. I’m not saying this in any way to detract from Grant Petty’s achievements - just to put things in perspective, bcz it sounds as though some actually think he’s giving away cameras for free. You might do a friend’s wedding for free to build your portfolio, but this is far from Mr Petty’s first rodeo. 

• Super Members
7 minutes ago, Grimor said:

@BTM_Pix Did you preordered  the P4K?

Yes but I've done a "virtual cancellation" of sorts.

I've swapped reservations with a mate of mine with the proviso that I can have it for a few weeks first for obvious reasons and then he will take it.

Gives me enough time to see how things shake out until I take up his pre-order (he is waaaayy down the list) as I've got no real need for it until next March/April time anyway.

8 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Is there a fast way to do this in resolve, like with a slider, and not masking shit out? If so how?

I guess Resolve has a pretty powerful face refinement tool that looks like it works quite well. I first saw a demo of it in Dave Dugdale’s  BRAW video

Edit: it might be buggy, I’ve never used it myself.

17 hours ago, Diego Todu said:

The fact that Andrew hasn't posted anything about Blackmagic RAW is very telling...

You have to look with better eyes than this.

17 hours ago, jonpais said:

For those who think Grant Petty is a philanthropist giving away free software and cameras - well first, the P4K is a great deal as far as I can tell - and for sure, Blackmagic isn’t as big as Sony - but their business is nothing if not profitable, with an annual revenue exceeding $300 million a year. I’m not saying this in any way to detract from Grant Petty’s achievements - just to put things in perspective, bcz it sounds as though some actually think he’s giving away cameras for free. You might do a friend’s wedding for free to build your portfolio, but this is far from Mr Petty’s first rodeo. 

So ?

On 9/19/2018 at 4:46 AM, seanzzxx said:

That lowlight footage still has way too much midtone detail for my taste (look at her pores), but that's something that's adjustable in post with this much data. It's just a shame they haven't managed to get it like that 'out of camera'. Still a great deal though.

Well, strangely, I prefer "too much detail" because you can "bring it down" in post if it's too much.

"Low detail" is impossible to recover.

31 minutes ago, Jocelyn Deguise said:

"Low detail" is impossible to recover. 

Totally agree. There are a few of us who use these cameras for wildlife videography and I would rather have a weak AA filter than a strong one. (Canon is a prime example. They consistently produce sensors with heavy AA filters. It's great for faces, but not the best when you are looking for sharp detail in animals.)

• Super Members
22 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

I've got one of these on order

61YmstT5IyL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.9f31a83c8be7cfc2e6ffddb26265288f.jpg

The Cfast card and the SSD can be read and written to simultaneously so its a good solution for archiving and cheap at about £15.

I'm going to use this as part of a DIY portable standalone field copy device that I mentioned a while ago.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777958WY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_95LOBbR957CN5

Well its arrived and it works a treat in my initial test with a MacBookPro

Both drives show up without any messing about and copying a test 2 gig backwards and forwards between them is just under 10 seconds each way.

For the £12.99 I paid for it off Amazon its a bargain just as a Cfast reader even without the extra SATA trick it has.

Next step is to lash it to a SBC to make it standalone.

I have the whiff of epoxy in my nostrils....