Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

They should apologize once you are in position to claim another attention from their side. There's plain room for move on. Hope both sides may play their part. To understand their own responsibilities.

This silence is also unethical and non-professional, not the way we expect they may conduct their business. Last JB entries as BMD ambassador a total disaster.

As BMD user, I want to see them to succeed. Policies apply. Deeds.

Time to stop this stupid inertia.

Is there any other location where this camera had gathered so much attention like this one? Facts speak by themselves.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Andrew, your articles and visual pieces are an awesome asset of your site, which gets not taken use of enough. Articles of yours like below are pure GOLD. And you have done so many of them. Beautiful essays with insights into technical, artistic and social aspects. True treasures. It is your own original content, Andrew!

Andrew Reid: "I like Berlin because it still has a ramshackle nature to it, and it is so unique compared to the usual capitalist conformist city." And here is the article of yours I just read. You´ve been doing this for a long time. Awesome and positive and insightful. Keep it going and without too much anger, Andrew, you, our very good friend from the interwebs!

https://www.eoshd.com/2011/06/burnt-out-philip-bloom-end-of-the-world-challenge/

Btw, unfortunately Berlin has become exactely that, "a usual capitalist conformist city", as you put it. I would not have thought so myself until three years ago or so:/

Edit: Also this one is gold: "If you only ever shoot shallow, you are only using half the creative expression available, for example, that famous deep depth of field classic Citizen Kane wouldn’t have looked as good had it been shot at F1.4 on a 5D Mark II!" :)

In order to put this unfolding drama to an end, I'd propose we use the youtuber's way to end these disputes: a boxing match btw Andrew Reid vs. John Brawley (or a BM rep chosen in this forum).

The venue might be the same Manchester's gin distillery where the BM event was held.

The match has to be streamed live on vimeo, still to be decided whether to use a BMPCC 4k OR a Olympus E-M10 III.

4 minutes ago, OniBaba said:

In order to put this unfolding drama to an end, I'd propose we use the youtuber's way to end these disputes: a boxing match btw Andrew Reid vs. John Brawley (or a BM rep chosen in this forum).

The venue might be the same Manchester's gin distillery where the BM event was held.

The match has to be streamed live on vimeo, still to be decided whether to use a BMPCC 4k OR a Olympus E-M10 III.

I see you planning, just make sure a specific person get's their invitation or your name might slandered for being a faulty fight promoter.

33 minutes ago, OniBaba said:

I think that understand point, but what interested me is: why your first associative idea is an boxing match?

3 minutes ago, anonim said:

I think that understand point, but what interested me is: why your first associative idea is an boxing match?

that's the internet era way of settling dissputes on social network

And hey, I'd hop Andrew Reid would choose the lens, look over here (1:11), not enough flare!

3 minutes ago, OniBaba said:

that's the internet era way of settling dissputes on social network

And hey, I'd hop Andrew Reid would choose the lens, look over here (1:11), not enough flare!

I see... Thanks sir for illustrative clarification and additional information about your point of view.

2 hours ago, salim said:

It's probably too late now, you probably burned a lot of bridges and scared off more future marketing people.

IMHO, at this point, maybe your next option is to brand yourself as the ultimate critical reviewer. Basically the place people come to be warned and  see everything they should know about before buying a product. The kind of critical review they do not get on youtube affiliate-marketing driven review business or elsewhere. So market the reason you are not invited is because your reviews are too honest, "too honest to be invited". 

Hope this is constructive.  

Andrew is an iconoclast.  But iconoclast never get the sacramental wine or bread...  T's the way of the world.  As long as he keeps his reviews honest, then let the world burn.  If he starts dinging a camera because he wasn't invited to x, or y event than he will be "just the same as everyone else"....

2 minutes ago, mnewxcv said:

I'm ready to order this camera pending rolling shutter info. 

Haven't seen much in the released footage. Seems to be almost minimal.

What do you guys think about mounting a smartphone clamp to a cage to hold the samsung T5? I'd only use the setup while shooting RAW 4K DCI obviously. Then SD cards for ProRes. Been looking at 8sin's Scorpio half cage.

7 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I think I'm going to use velcro, or bring back that epoxy idea and stick on a shoe mount.

As for rolling shutter, the mountain bike video will give you a good idea of how much it effects the footage... It's not noticeable to me at all.

Hmm, interesting. You mean just glue it to a tiny cold shoe? I like that idea, minimal foot print.

21 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

I can say now the GX9 is a bit disappointing in 4K because of the extra crop (ends-up around 2.5x) and I think it really adds very little for video users over the older and cheaper GX85. I think Panasonic have much better bargains in the range for video. The G85 is not much more for example.

I don't have the GX9 with me at the moment, so it will just be an E-M10 III review. It has some mojo in the image I haven't seen for a while at that price and the handling in some ways is more enjoyable than a lot of the high-end cameras. You can switch between 1080 and 4K with a function button sub menu, without diving into the main menus for instance.

Perfect detail. Great colour. Solid codec. Wider FOV than GH4 sensor. Seems great in low light too.

Great. Interested in handling, since in some reviews mentioned that controls were dumbed down from the MK II.

if it only had a 20mp sensor...