Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

A few things. 

1. I hear you on Olympus. People sleep on them, but I have faith. Hopefully they don't drop any balls with any future releases. There is a lot they have going for them. They just need impressive video specs. 

2. As far as credit, it is what it is, I suppose. I had the most viewed Speedgrade tutorial on YouTube (I still may) but Adobe didn't come to me with any free invites or promotions or anything. While I understand YouTube videos and all the information you've share over the years, and hosting this forum are two VERY different things, I just believe that companies have their own plans and logic for what they do. 

3. Why cancel it? Who is it really hurting? You, no? I mean if you're bothered by Blackmagic, that's your prerogative. But just don't make a review or post it on your blog then? You've just robbed yourself of owning a camera you may love, because.....why? It's not as if you're really "sticking it" to them. Sure, they may have lost a sale, but it's just one sale. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
39 minutes ago, Dan Sherman said:

See, this is why you don't get any support! You paint the entire world as either for you or against you, when in reality its not anywhere close to that.

Deary me. Don't overreact!

23 minutes ago, David Andrade said:

1. I hear you on Olympus. People sleep on them, but I have faith. Hopefully they don't drop any balls with any future releases. There is a lot they have going for them. They just need impressive video specs.

The E-M1 II already had impressive video specs when it came out (quite a bit ago now). The E-M10 III is like that but tiny and cheap, with a different sensor and latest colour processing / chipset.

I hope Olympus go from strength to strength. It hasn't been easy for them of late.

The camera market can afford to lose maybe Pentax (sad though it is) but to lose Olympus as well would be a disaster.

23 minutes ago, David Andrade said:

3. Why cancel it? Who is it really hurting? You, no?

No! I just saved myself £1200!

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

It has some mojo in the image I haven't seen for a while at that price and the handling in some ways is more enjoyable than a lot of the high-end cameras. 

Still can't stop liking Oly.

It's just...man, the things you can do easily with their stuff is just fun.

The enjoyment factor compensates for the slightly-behind-the-curve IQ specs.

Cant wait to see the Em5III. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Oh dear, pity pity Danny boy. Dan's upset! DAN'S UPSET!

First off, lol... There is literally nothing you could say that could make me care enough to be upset.

Secondly,  By all means please continue doing what you are doing. You're doing a fine job of proving my (and others) previous points. 

11 minutes ago, jagnje said:

I wish that the admin could clean(after himself) this thread up, so we can talk about a camera. 

Eh.  You want sanitized opinions, lots of other places online for it. 

There's drama here, but it's pretty innocuous stuff -- it's simply about cameras and the misc things around that. It's not life and death. 

1 hour ago, Dan Sherman said:

See, this is why you don't get any support! You paint the entire world as either for you or against you, when in reality its not anywhere close to that.

Oh come on. There has never been a more Cult Following camera than the BMPCC. Probably me included. I look at BM as a poor mans Red camera.

But the problem is this is beginning to look like a typical BM roll out.  And that Ain't necessarily a good thing.

Hello Andrew,

I've always appreciated these boards and your articles. I have not been active on here lately because I've been solely working on stills. But I've been checking your articles and I value your work. So much negativity online sometimes, we never think to simply say we appreciate things. Read your latest article and dropped by to say that you are the kind of qualified unbiased professional we need at those events. Hope you will be acknowledged next time.