Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Love your site Andrew, and the unfiltered opinions as well - though I feel in this case you may have read a bit too much between the lines (probably because feeling dissed by BMD over the last few years?). I'd rather you have a critical look at the camera - you touched on a major omission like lack of IBIS - which I find to be a deal-breaker as the camera is too big to be mounted on many electronic stabilizers. Also, you could point out that while RAW and ProRes is great, why not provide an option with codecs similar to what Panasonic, Sony, and Fuji manages to put in - so we don't have to get crazy expensive cards, or somehow tag on a usb-c drive, making it even more bulky.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, tosvus said:

Love your site Andrew, and the unfiltered opinions as well - though I feel in this case you may have read a bit too much between the lines (probably because feeling dissed by BMD over the last few years?). I'd rather you have a critical look at the camera - you touched on a major omission like lack of IBIS - which I find to be a deal-breaker as the camera is too big to be mounted on many electronic stabilizers. Also, you could point out that while RAW is great, why not provide an option with codecs similar to what Panasonic, Sony, and Fuji manages to put in - so we don't have to get crazy expensive cards, or somehow tag on a usb-c drive, making it even more bulky.

Yeah no IBIS is a bit of a deal breaker for me as well. I am just writing a first look at the E-M10 III with 5 axis IBIS, which I just bought from Amazon today. Was only 500 euros but will be interesting to compare to the GH5 considering the big price difference. If it helps out those searching for something really good in the midst of an era of pushing prices up and going high-end, then job done. Unlike the GX9 it doesn't have any extra crop in 4K. Full width M43 2x crop and 1.28x crop with Speed Booster XL. That is a first for the 16MP sensor in an Olympus and I've never had such great out of the camera colour as I have here for 500 euros.

20 minutes ago, John Brawley said:

Delete every single post of mine.  All the IP that I’ve posted and shared on this forum? All those posts where I’ve shared my knowledge and experience.  

Go ahead and put your money where your mouth is.

JB

To be honest I think JB your first post didn´t have the right tone, anyway Andrew´s reaction was not the best ether, but I understand his feelings, as i understand yours......probably the best thing could be to just stop attacking each other and move on....sad to see your contributions end in this way....hope this never happens again.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Yeah no IBIS is a bit of a deal breaker for me as well. I am just writing a first look at the E-M10 III with 5 axis IBIS, which I just bought from Amazon today. Was only 500 euros but will be interesting to compare to the GH5 considering the big price difference. If it helps out those searching for something really good in the midst of an era of pushing prices up and going high-end, then job done. Unlike the GX9 it doesn't have any extra crop in 4K. Full width M43 2x crop and 1.28x crop with Speed Booster XL. That is a first for the 16MP sensor in an Olympus and I've never had such great out of the camera colour as I have here for 500 euros.

If you could make a dual post (GX9 and E-M10 III), would be terrific.

• Administrators

I can say now the GX9 is a bit disappointing in 4K because of the extra crop (ends-up around 2.5x) and I think it really adds very little for video users over the older and cheaper GX85. I think Panasonic have much better bargains in the range for video. The G85 is not much more for example.

I don't have the GX9 with me at the moment, so it will just be an E-M10 III review. It has some mojo in the image I haven't seen for a while at that price and the handling in some ways is more enjoyable than a lot of the high-end cameras. You can switch between 1080 and 4K with a function button sub menu, without diving into the main menus for instance.

Perfect detail. Great colour. Solid codec. Wider FOV than GH4 sensor. Seems great in low light too.

25 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Perfect detail. Great colour. Solid codec. Wider FOV than GH4 sensor. Seems great in low light too.

I found the detail and the lowlight were just as good (maybe better) as the E-M1 ii. I had originally bought that little beast for travel photo and didn't need another video camera so I sent it back, but almost every time I go to ebay or adorama I check to see what the price is, it would make a great take every where spontaneous video shooter and I wouldn't be crushed if I lost it or it got damaged.

I'm 100% with you Andrew! Shame on Blackmagic for not inviting you nore giving you a pre-production model for testing! (That being said, I surely will buy the BMP4k, just waiting for some reviews ; sadly not yours apparently...)

I don't understand why so little eoshd users shows their support after all you done for us all these years! (I will never thank you enough for starting the anamorphic DIY topics)

Let me be optimistic : maybe Blackmagic will read this topic and make it up to you...So you will do a nice and helpfull review and John Brawley will help you!

38 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

e-m10-iii-a.jpg

em10-iii-c.jpg

Pocket Olympus Cinema Camera :)

I am really looking forward to this review. Please include in your review about the focus peaking. That is the one feature that seems a little fiddly when I tested my friend’s. Since he already owns one, I am seriously considering this as the glovebox, hybrid cam I’ve been looking for. Also if you get a chance, I would love to see some footage with some of those Kern Paillards you have?

This has certainly been an interesting read.  Was going to figure out a way to say I had gotten invited to the BM meeting in Manchester and show I had a 4k BM camera in hand, but I tossed both in the rubbish bin.

I generally try to make jokes when people are angry.  It's what I do.

Right or wrong though guys - had we seen Andrew in Hawaii last week at the Canon PR launch of the R - I think we'd have all puked.  Well, if he came on "not" saying how awful it was.  Andrew is a guy we want telling it like it is....that's why I come here.

I stopped going to the PersonalView website years ago when he basically started a "shrine" thread to Josef Stalin.  Man was responsible for more deaths that Hitler...

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, christrad said:

I don't understand why so little eoshd users shows their support after all you done for us all these years! (I will never thank you enough for starting the anamorphic DIY topics)

Cheers.

I think it's because these users are more loyal to a brand than they are to a person.

I've insulted the shrine of Blackmagic.

They are becoming like a poor man's RED cult.

10 minutes ago, Shield3 said:

I stopped going to the PersonalView website years ago when he basically started a "shrine" thread to Josef Stalin.  Man was responsible for more deaths that Hitler...

Stalin would not be out of place on a pro video camera forum ;);)

4 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Stalin would not be out of place on a pro video camera forum ;);)

I don't read sites that honor and pay homage to that monster...that's where I draw the line.  Hacking a GH2 firmware does not equal pro video.  Spoken like a true camera nerd / reviewer / blogger.

(I kid) :)

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Cheers.

I think it's because these users are more loyal to a brand than they are to a person.

I've insulted the shrine of Blackmagic.

They are becoming like a poor man's RED cult.

See, this is why you don't get any support! You paint the entire world as either for you or against you, when in reality its not anywhere close to that.

6 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

What I would give to be the Chinese man in this unboxing video

How much useful info are we gaining from this?

Not a lot, yet he has a camera doesn't he!

John says there are absolutely no camera reviewers with a unit yet. So he stole it off the back of a lorry at the factory or what?

According to him, this is from the first batch of shipments that just went on sale in China.