Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

3 minutes ago, Deadcode said:

You are an influencer, just like vloggers.

Your articles reach a lot of people. The tone of your voice in your last article is not appropiate. What did you expect?

I think he exactly expected deep voice of conscience that you, as it seems, personify in pretty serious and austere form :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

No gratitude whatsoever. You're as bad as the people on the Facebook thread. My family is probably reading that. Who wants to put up with this shit over an f-ing camera?

Why should you get any? I never got anything from your articles. You're not a star here. Stop acting like you deserve praise. You don't want to put up with people disagreeing with you then don't start a forum. At least now I know that you apparently did this all to try to create a following for yourself. And I know that, should you ever talk about a Blackmagic product again, I'll know that you're speaking from the perspective of someone whose bitter that they wouldn't stroke your ego.

I just want to point out that JB and I got into a disagreement recently and, for all I know, he was probably including me in that post that you quoted in your blog and I didn't go on a "That no good John Brawley. Thinking he's so special. *huff puff*" rant. The guy gets @'d by idiots and non-idiots alike all day.

• Administrators

Tone of voice. Haha.

I am not the guy who labeled people who questioned the release date of the camera “clowns”.

I am not the person whose way of thanking enthusiastic customers for grading sample videos is to say they “butchered” his footage.

I'm not the one who uses somebody's site for 2 years then turns around and Implies the owner doesn't even shoot.

Just now, Rrrbbb said:

This is the most childish place I've visited on the internet... signed up last week just to follow this thread, time to grow up. 

Time to fuck off out of here then mate! Banned.

1 minute ago, Myownfriend said:

I never got anything from your articles. Stop acting like you deserve praise.

Why ARE you here then? To assault me with insults all day long?

44 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I think that's entitlement right there.

Who are these idiots who think they're entitled to read one free blog post after another for years with no advertising, from an indie filmmaker, whilst giving back absolutely nothing in return, worse, slinging a shit ton of hatred my way in my own front room, just at the moment he's feeling really quite down?

Mr. Reid, I don't know you and I won't pretend to understand what you are going through, so please do not take this statement the wrong way. However, when you say you are 'feeling really quite down', do you think that your current mental wellbeing is served by continuing to have this discussion? By arguing (no matter how justified) with people on these forums, your blog and Facebook page (all three of which you seem to hold very dear and personal, something which I understand).

In my opinion you absolutely did the right thing by locking up this thread temporarily, and my advice to you would be to do it again. Why revel in this energy-consuming discussion? I get that you're dissapointed and feel sleighted by Blackmagic's decision no to hand you the camera for early review, something only exacerbated by the fact that the event was in your own home-time. That must have honestly felt like shit. Nonetheless, scratching the wound left by this event (by returning to the discussion over and over again on these forums) might feel satisfying in the short-term, but it is absolutely not conducive to it healing. I suspect you are not gaining any longterm insight or satisfaction by having this discussion in this manner, and even worse, you might be worsening you're already crummy mood because you are now infecting this website with a discussion that 1) will make it harder to take back anything you say in anger because it is now done in a very public way, and 2) taints your very personal project with a negativity that you probably don't want in your life. Finally, in your anger you might end up taking actions or saying things that will end up doing damage to this project (eoshd.com) which you obviously hold so dear to you.

My advice (but hey, who am I) to you would be to give yourself a break - delete the blogpost you made, lock this thread and go for a walk/watch a movie/have a nice dinner with friends. Seriously do anything else for a while instead of having this situation drag you down. When you come back, delete this entire tangent and have this thread be about the Pocket 4K again. If you find Blackmagic's answer to your emails not satisfactory in the future, just don't cover them anymore if it makes you feel better. I just don't believe it is conducive to your wellbeing by dragging the argument into the public (and very ill-informed) sphere.

Hope that all makes sense. Thank you for your passion and thanks for hosting this site.

Andrew I love your site and honestly your I'm aligned with your opinions 90% of the time. I do think you are one of the few truly honest reviewers and that may scare a company with a lot to loose. I also think that other companies like canon have tried to screw customers with gimmicks and bullshit for so long and you and I have frankly lost all patience for the bullshit.

In the case of John I feel like you misread his comments as being directed at you, I felt he was speaking more generally. There are a ton a noobs who do butcher his footage but he was clearly joking.  

The fact that BM is producing "cinema" cameras with one screw hole on the bottom and top is a clear sign they have not consulted enough straight up and honest pros.  With that said I think all this anti BM drama is not productive. There are way worse reasons to start a war with companies like canon or sony over 8 bit bullshit.

9 minutes ago, seanzzxx said:

My advice (but hey, who am I) to you would be to give yourself a break - delete the blogpost you made, lock this thread and go for a walk/watch a movie/have a nice dinner with friends. Seriously do anything else for a while instead of having this situation drag you down. When you come back, delete this entire tangent and have this thread be about the Pocket 4K again. If you find Blackmagic's answer to your emails not satisfactory in the future, just don't cover them anymore if it makes you feel better. I just don't believe it is conducive to your wellbeing by dragging the argument into the public (and very ill-informed) sphere.

Hope that all makes sense. Thank you for your passion and thanks for hosting this site.

Yes, I think it really make sense if situation is so serious... but I cannot imagine that people could be so serious about such unimportant matters :)

(Hey, there are millions just in Syria left at the moment without homes, food and medicament, and I bet that at least for 100000 of them just several years ago the main problem in life could be also weather to buy GH4 or A7S or some corresponding toy of interest...)

4 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Why ARE you here then? To assault me with insults all day long?

As if I hadn't already said that I came here to participate in the forum. Not like I joined just to insult you. You aren't the draw of the forum, at least not for me, and I'm sure for most members of this forum. I didn't join this place to get closer to prestigious Andrew Reid. I joined so that I can participate in discussions with the likes of people like Captain Hook and John Brawley.

Seriously, from a guy who has an ego of his own, you really need to get yours under control. 

5 minutes ago, anonim said:

But no... you are just imago of figure of authority. And mr Myownfriend simply shows a courage to say that you don't scare him... You are zero (or false) of authority = he never got anything from your articles :)

Myownfriend hasn't contributed ANYTHING. He's just trolling to boost his ego.

Between the random disagreements that breakout in these threads sometimes, I find a lot of useful info on this site and have for a lot of years!   It’s not gearslutz thank god, but it does get a little ridiculous reading “no IBIS or DPAF.  Fuck this $1300 raw cinema camera with a full copy of Resolve.”

I thought the spectacle of what BMD we’re doing all along was the firepower they included at such an exciting price point, being a small-ish company.  But people seem to blast the hell out of them for it.  More so unforgiving than Sony, Panasonic, even Canon.  

I’m thankful this site exist.  The articles are always relevant, well presented and followed up with the community.  

• Administrators

They are cheating YOU out of a review.

1 million page views since August and although not everyone comes here for Blackmagic news and reviews but a LOT do. And apparently to Blackmagic and co, it is not worth even a single demo unit. To John Brawley, it isn't even worth a quick message of support in all 2 years he's been here.

A Chinese YouTube channel has a review, or shall we say "unboxing video" with some mumbling... But not us? It's ABSURD.

users.jpg

1 hour ago, Myownfriend said:

As if I hadn't already said that I came here to participate in the forum. Not like I joined just to insult you. You aren't the draw of the forum, at least not for me, and I'm sure for most members of this forum. I didn't join this place to get closer to prestigious Andrew Reid. I joined so that I can participate in discussions with the likes of people like Captain Hook and John Brawley.

Seriously, from a guy who has an ego of his own, you really need to get yours under control. 

You are contributing absolutely nothing

obiWankEnobi @ [***]

Says it all!?

How about helping somebody for once in your fucking life. Help them make a better film or help them choose a camera, like many of the other members of this forum do?

20 minutes ago, Palpet said:

Myownfriend hasn't contributed ANYTHING. He's just trolling to boost his ego.

As if I'm the one that started this fire? I can admit that I can get emotional, but a troll I am not.

And now he's giving out my email address? What was the point, so that your "followers" can harass me via email or something? Btw, that's a reference to a movie, a well known one, that inspired a lot of people to get into film-making. Is that something that someone who works on films should be ashamed off?

Also Andrew, that "mumbling" that that Chinese Youtuber is doing isn't mumbling but actually another language believe it over not. And considering you can't understand his language and don't know who it is, you're assuming a lot to put him down.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

obiWankEnobi @ [***]

Says it all!?

hahahahahahaha.....my Gosh....May the Force Be with You!!!!!

1 hour ago, Myownfriend said:

As if I'm the one that started this fire? I can admit that I can get emotional, but a troll I am not.

Now I understand....you are a Jedy!!!....probably a future Sith?

I'm afraid we are all actually losing here with this... We all united are the force, not the opposite. This forum needs participation. JB and Hook only landed to contribute between the members of this forum because of that. Why kill it?! Let's focus, OK? 

If you can't help, don't make it an entire waste of time, resources and a pain in the ass over a terrific asset for all of us, please. Thank you all!

• Administrators

We're a popular forum, we don't need participation for the sake of it mate... If something positive can come out of this, perhaps we can start a new initiative to get some major film industry talents to give advice on the forum - actual top flight cinematographers - in a reddit style AMA?

Who would be up for that?