Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

Andrew,

Thanks for responding earlier! 

In terms of being "nice people", I do have to say it's disappointing to me to see name calling and hostility coming from all sides here. I mean, I know it's the internet and everything and people tend to go with their immediate response consequences be damned. But it's also a somewhat professional community. I hope we can all extend each other that professionalism.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It seems to me that on this forum Blackmagic Community Managers have always been rude, I remember a few that always go disguised as regular forum users but only post when Blackmagic cameras are mentioned, and get very defensive when pointed at.

I think the forum needs new rules, all professional posters have to be recognized, and have to pay to post ?

15 minutes ago, Myownfriend said:

I didn't see anything pompous about Brawley's posts. I see somebody whose frustrated at people who jump to conclusions or post stupid shit. I have a fraction of the experience that he does and I've also been annoyed by them too.

Andrew, you're acting like a child and I don't see, even in your childish anger, how you can claim that Brawley isn't a real DP, when I can look up the things he's shot and I can't in your case. Your post came off like an entitled guy with a ego who was all too eager to view his forum members as "followers". I don't follow you, I'm just here to talk to other forum members and have more interested in the insights of JB then I have in reading your posts. And for somebody who claims its his right as the famous Andrew Reid of EOSHD to be invited to events and get sent review cameras,  it blows my mind that you even thought Brawley worked for BMD when it was so obvious he didn't.

Andrew´s reaction was because of John called him Blogger/Camera Reviewer.....Probably some people would like a more polite answer, but since Andrew is a pasionate person he answered from that place, and I was a little shocked when I saw his answer the first time, but after readying it two times I think was OK, this is his BLOG and can answer in the way he feels it, and you are now judging him in his blog and telling him he is "like a child", well, if you don´t follow him, then why are you here?, just move to another forum, if you are here you clearly are following him.....didn´t you know this is HIS BLOG?....really?

2 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

It seems to me that on this forum Blackmagic Community Managers have always been rude, I remember a few that always go disguised as regular forum users but only post when Blackmagic cameras are mentioned, and get very defensive when pointed at.

I think the forum needs new rules, all professional posters have to be recognized, and have to pay to post ?

I think it's pretty amazing how accessible people like Captain Hook have been on this and other forums, it's something you do not see a lot with other camera brands.

1 minute ago, seanzzxx said:

I think it's pretty amazing how accessible people like Captain Hook have been on this and other forums, it's something you do not see a lot with other camera brands.

That's what they get paid for. Obviously when you buy their cameras and have questions, CMs will be all nice and answer questions, but when you point out how crappy certain camera is, or how stupid it is to release a camera and then not being able to deliver it during a year, they will not like it and go bezerk.

3 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

you are now judging him in his blog and telling him he is "like a child", well, if you don´t follow him, then why are you here?, just move to another forum, if you are here you clearly are following him.....didn´t you know this is HIS BLOG?....really?

I don't post on BMC user because of I'm a "follower" of the person who made the site, I post because of the community. Same reason I posted on DV info for many years or on Facebook groups or on hear. If someone acts childish and entitled then why wouldn't I call them out on it on their own site. Owning a site isn't a special thing nor is a shield to any criticisms.

5 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

That's what they get paid for. Obviously when you buy their cameras and have questions, CMs will be all nice and answer questions, but when you point out how crappy certain camera is, or how stupid it is to release a camera and then not being able to deliver it during a year, they will not like it and go bezerk.

My point is that you will find very little to no employees from other large companies actively answering questions and engaging with their customers on online forums like this. Hell, Blackmagic have their OWN forum where they get raked over the coals pretty badly from time to time, and yet they will always engage with their customers and keep the platform open. I havent seen any Blackmagic employee 'go berserk' on these forums - they might have though, could you give me an example of this happening?

• Administrators

There's too much fanaticism around brands like Blackmagic. We're all perfectly justified to choose whoever we like for our camera system. It's a shame they are such a let down - for me in terms of the lack of support and John's attitude, and for many others in terms of the tech support issues, release dates and bugs.

If you want to see an example of this brand-fanaticism, look no further than my own Facebook followers. They are absolutely pillaring me.

I think that's entitlement right there.

Who are these idiots who think they're entitled to read one free blog post after another for years with no advertising, from an indie filmmaker, whilst giving back absolutely nothing in return, worse, slinging a shit ton of hatred my way in my own front room, just at the moment he's feeling really quite down?

1 minute ago, Myownfriend said:

I don't post on BMC user because of I'm a "follower" of the person who made the site, I post because of the community. Same reason I posted on DV info for many years or on Facebook groups or on hear. If someone acts childish and entitled then why wouldn't I call them out on it on their own site. Owning a site isn't a special thing nor is a shield to any criticisms.

Well, nobody asked you, and you feel like you have the moral to publicly call him "child" in HIS BLOG....you are just looking to attract attention my friend, if you read the whole post you can understand his reaction, and if you want to say he is mistaken you simple say something like "I think you answer was not a good answer Andrew" or something like that, not saying he is acting like a child....do you see the difference?

1 minute ago, Andrew Reid said:

Who are these idiots who think they're entitled to read one free blog post after another for years with no advertising, from an indie filmmaker, whilst giving back absolutely nothing in return, in fact worse than that slinging a shit ton of hatred my way in my own front room, just at the moment he's feeling really quite down?

You're the one who made your posts and forums available for free. If you thought you had the pull to charge for them then you probably would have. Quit your bitching ?

2 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

Can somebody block this asshole please?

Andrew probably will in due time. I'm not one of his followers so he probably doesn't want me on this forum. That's something he actual does have the right to, but I'll still consider him a child for doing it ?

The fact is that all the people who've visited his site over the years have been supporting him by doing so. I could just as easily read his post to suggest that he feels we're all lucky to read his opinions. I've personally never found the few posts that I read of his to be all that enlightening but I wasn't gonna fault him for that... until he wrote his recent blog post.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Myownfriend said:

You're the one who made your posts and forums available for free. If you thought you had the pull to charge for them then you probably would have. Quit your bitching ?

No gratitude whatsoever. You're as bad as the people on the Facebook thread. My family is probably reading that. Who wants to put up with this shit over an f-ing camera?

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

John's response on here was COLD and dismissive. To him I'm just another idiot blogger. Just another blog. And you guys are just nerds to him, who cannot grade.

I think it's disgraceful.

I look at mr JB fertile engagement in this thread from different professional angle... as interesting example of growing narcissism exercise. We read pages (before at page 170 finally appears truly professional mr Hook with concrete infos) about touchable memories of some Autralian filmmakers pioneers or such, that mr JB shared with us as a theoretic and emotional-involving part of his educational course inside the privatized thread, than we have full galleries of mr JB lying around the studios and interiors in spectacular positions with obligate cool-looking-hat, following with tirades and opinions to the such extent that whole thread at the moment became as circus... with reverent mr JB in the role of the main moderator clown... who has no any interested connection with BM and any reason to feel to say thanks to mr Read... besides constantly showing BM micro cameras as part of his spectacular shooting poses.

So, from the same other professional angle of view  (as I wrote the same, answering in the case about that galactic-war director with quasi innocent and stupid a la pedophilia jokes) EOSHD looks to me as some sort of institution with much much more social weight, honor and importance than, say, mr JB showcase shooting session in Medical institution so innocently and generosity presented here to common folk and ungrateful clowns: I see here extremely funny place for free-treatment of any sort of Ego-mania or narcissistic-attitude :) 

I'm so glad to meet here gentlemen (and ladies?) with witty mind, capable for humorous exchanging games, with sharp and fast tongue, with angry reactions but also with ability to take a smile as final position...

So - as would say my dear slang-teacher from these threads - this is not a place for "pompous asses"... and this is, for me, so... precious.

Because, not being "pompous ass" is the most important lesson to learn aiming to be-and-stay truly artist.

Just now, Andrew Reid said:

No gratitude whatsoever. You're as bad as the people on the Facebook thread. My family is probably reading that. Who wants to put up with this shit over an f-ing camera?

You are an influencer, just like vloggers.

Your articles reach a lot of people. The tone of your voice in your last article is not appropiate. What did you expect?

7 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

There's too much fanaticism around brands like Blackmagic. We're all perfectly justified to choose whoever we like for our camera system. It's a shame they are such a let down - for me in terms of the lack of support and John's attitude, and for many others in terms of the tech support issues, release dates and bugs.

If you want to see an example of this brand-fanaticism, look no further than my own Facebook followers. They are absolutely pillaring me.

Who are these idiots who think they're entitled to read one free blog post after another for years with no advertising, from an indie filmmaker, whilst giving back absolutely nothing in return, worse, slinging a shit ton of hatred my way in my own front room, just at the moment he's feeling really quite down?

@Andrew Reid I understand you are bothered that BMD did not invite you. And to be honest, I think they should have. But I don't think writing an article about a forum member is a great move. He (John Brawley) does not work for BMD. His view, by his own admission do not represent the view of BMD. Also, he had no role in who was invited to the Manchester event. I can see that many here are upset. But surely we do not base buying decision on weather a stranger is polite or impolite? It may be wise to just forget this conversation and move on to more constructive topics. We are bigger than this aren't we?