Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

1 hour ago, jonpais said:

You mean DPAF, focus tracking, face and eye detect and continuous AF (...) ?

I always thought a follow focus was the most reliable and cinematic looking method. 

Sure, it is. I meant for these type of devices and one-man-show shooting style designed by and for the shooter/buyer.

AF related. They must have some kind of autofocus anyway.

We can call AF to the automatic follow focus tool going along with GH5, but we can't exactly tell the same as far as follow focus goes, hence manual focus technique, actually, is.

To my usage and taste too. Accurate tap-to-focus available on touchscreen is enough for me. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Well it appears Blackmagic would rather the usual shills got hold of the camera before the experts. A bit sad. I thought they were different. Patrick Hussey at Blackmagic knows who I am, did not even think it was worth getting in touch in the 4 months since NAB. I have been back in the UK for almost a year, but yes, still visit Berlin occasionally. Not that it makes a difference where I am based in this case - at the event were Italians and all sorts from around the continent.

I don't want lavish dinners. I don't want fancy events in Hawaii. I don't want personal friendships with a range of salesman. I just want a camera on a desk, maybe even as a courtesy, an invite to a meet-up when Blackmagic hold an event in my home city... organised by the Blackmagic UK people themselves based in Knutsford... whom are already familiar with who I am, what I do, and where I do it from, and are 1 hour drive from my home. In fact I have met some of the guys in person several times. That's all I need! It isn't much.

Pathetic.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Panasonic full frame GH5 for me.

With all the original GH5 goodies including IBIS and battery life plus D850 or A7III low light and maybe full VLOG, it would THE option. Hard to believe though. We will see. Looking forward to see what use you might put a Z6 to. Loved your D750 footage back then.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

For the feature list + Resolve studio and the price? Anyone seriously need to read a review before deciding to buy it ?

Well considering the BM Production Cam had a hole where the sun should be.

I'd recommend you do.

@Andrew Reid, you are very passionate about the things you do and great things they are. I believe the event was organised by typical marketing people, not the people who you were talking about. Write them a note that you would have really enjoyed to have been at the Manchester event and they will appreciate that honesty and expess their gratitude for your great work in the course of affordable cameras with a cinematic image.

8 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeah we wouldn't have this song without it! ?

Great song! Legendary video! Thanks! :)

27 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

@Andrew Reid, you are very passionate about the things you do and great things they are. I believe the event was organised by typical marketing people, not the people who you were talking about. Write them a note that you would have really enjoyed to have been at the Manchester event and they will appreciate that honesty and expess their gratitude for your great work in the course of affordable cameras with a cinematic image.

Great song! Legendary video! Thanks! :)

Even marketing people would have known most of the blogging sites including vocal ones like EOSHD. Writing to them sounds like a begging letter and make you look small.