Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

When using waveforms in an NLE it does add a performance hit on the CPU/GPU so maybe this is a factor. I'd like to see an RGB parade as well for the very reason it makes ETTR easier. Zebras are usually linked to the green channel so it's quite possible to be clipping red or blue channels and not be aware of it.

A bit of basic math:

1. Weight: BMPCC4K 722 + Oly Zuiko 12-100 IS 561 + Sammy T5 USB-C 51 = approx. 1,3 Kg

2. In $: 1300 + 1200 + 280 = 2700$

Then other things (a rig or a cage, or a gimbal, cables, etc.) come. Not bad in 1 nor 2.

40 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Processing power?

28 minutes ago, Shirozina said:

When using waveforms in an NLE it does add a performance hit on the CPU/GPU so maybe this is a factor. I'd like to see an RGB parade as well for the very reason it makes ETTR easier. Zebras are usually linked to the green channel so it's quite possible to be clipping red or blue channels and not be aware of it.

I don't recall as I didn't use it much, but did Canon's camera take a massive battery hit when using Magic Lantern's Waveform?

not an engineer, never shot with ML.

Panasonic said they couldn't implement focus peaking on the GH3 and Fuji said they couldn't add zebras on the X-T2 because of the lack of processing power.

If the P4K doesn't have waveforms now, it doesn't necessarily mean they don't plan to add it in a future update if possible. 

32 minutes ago, SR said:

I don't recall as I didn't use it much, but did Canon's camera take a massive battery hit when using Magic Lantern's Waveform?

Not battery drain. It takes processor cycles to display a waveform in real time and the more complex ones that have 3 channels presumably the most. Resolve can start to skip frames with the RGB parade up so I'm just suggesting the lack of scopes may be a physical limitation and not a deliberate choice / crippled feature?

• Administrators

bmpc4k.jpg

Unbelievable. That BM Pocket 4K event was in Manchester.

If I had known about this I would have only had travel 30 mins and walk right in. Please keep me in the loop better in future Blackmagic, I have been waiting to get my hands on once for what seems like forever.

You mean DPAF, focus tracking, face and eye detect and continuous AF are all baloney? ?

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Sorta autofocus* (if/when accurate) multi-focus points seems pretty enough to me (info minute 3:50):

* tap-to-focus is the most reliable technique for moving image IMHO where you can really select the subject to focus (random focus is pure nonsense)

I always thought a follow focus was the most reliable and cinematic looking method. 

1 minute ago, Anaconda_ said:

I doubt it was a personal thing. Who knows who else was on the guest list, and how many deserving people were left off? 

BMD don't know you live half an hour away, and also won't notice the loss of one sale as a result of your cancelation.

one sale? ???

If people don't buy this camera just because Andrew canceled his order and don't review it - then I'll be shocked. 

There will be thousands of reviews the day it's released. They may or may not be as honest and thorough as Mr. Reid's, but they will give a good enough picture of the product. I guarantee Philip Bloom will do a 45 minute or more video before the year is out.

If I want to buy something that's worth reading a review about, I don't really care who DIDN'T review it. 

• Administrators

LOL!

Just wanted one hand on the camera, and a chat with BM when they are in the city I have clearly stated as "Location" under all 10,000 posts on this place. Not much to ask is it!? Not looking for a flight to Hawaii and twelve beers.

2 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

If I want to buy something that's worth reading a review about, I don't really care who DIDN'T review it. 

Good for you. But a bit more courtesy to your host would be nice.

Prick

Totally, didn't mean to offend. I was just surprised by what appears to be a knee jerk reaction. 

What I mean is, if I'm looking for reviews and see you or Bloom didn't review it, I'd just find someone who has, not look into the reasons why, or try to find out if you were planning a review soon. 

Anyway, I'll stop digging this hole. No offense or harm meant at all.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Totally, didn't mean to offend

OK man. You've made your point. You don't care who doesn't review it. You don't care if an EOSHD review exists at all. As long as you keep using my forum for free information on the camera, you're happy, and to hell with the site itself and the people working hard to provide it you.

37 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Just wanted one hand on the camera, and a chat with BM when they are in the city I have clearly stated as "Location" under all 10,000 posts on this place. Not much to ask is it!? Not looking for a flight to Hawaii and twelve beers.

behind HDblog there is a large publishing company, very powerful in Europe, will have invited them for this ...

(this was the creator of HDblog: https://andreagaleazzi.com/, later thrown out of the company)