Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
21 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

@DBounce for the last several months you've been preparing us all for some major omissions from this camera's promoted specs. At this point do you think BM has delivered, or is it still too early to tell?

@Jonesy Jones Honestly, the footage speaks volumes... I'm happy to report, thus far I am loving what I see. The battery life was as expected. I owned the original pocket, and loved the output, so this is a big step up from that in many regards. Better on camera audio support is welcomed. I want to mount this to the Ronin S... something tells me the two will be a good match. This camera has  that something special. In all honesty, my girlfriend saw the footage from the new Canon Eos R and said, " I don't like it",  but after reviewing the footage from the P4K immediately proclaimed how good it looked. I think even if there are a couple small omissions, the price more than compensates for anything that didn't make the cut. I like the new pocket 4k. I think it will be a great travel, and gimbal camera. It's also affordable enough and unassuming enough not to have to worry about unwanted attention. 

Sorry for the long winded answer... But to the point... So far it looks like we are going to get what was promised. Now the only question is when? Oh and the elephant in the room... what does this mean for GH5S owners? Given it's low resolution stills, it limits the camera to video only... And in all honesty the Pk4 looks to have it's lunch in the video department. Also with a new full frame Panasonic around the corner... ?

One hell of a month!

2 hours ago, Snuff said:

The author of this video "Bubble Gum" answered that he didn't use any IR CUT filters. Does it mean that there is not IR pollution in the BMP4K and we don't need IR CUT filters anymore?

The Hoya PRO filters are in effect IR cut filters. I’m the same way that Firecrest, Nisi and Lee ND filters aren’t designated IR cut filters but work that way. 

The sensor is covered by the same low IR cut glass as every other BMD camera is. 

A regular ND filter will show IR pollution in the right circumstances.

JB

So I’m all prepared with batteries and media storage, but not an adapter for my lenses. Because I’m going from aps-c lenses I’m looking at putting in an order for the speedbooster Ultra .71. But I have a question to you more technically involved guys; if metabones did make a specific speedbooster for the P4K down the line, how much better could that be? The Ultra .71 already pushes the lenses capacity in regards to the sensors size no? So there wouldn’t be a point to even create a specific speed booster, am I right?

25 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

So I’m all prepared with batteries and media storage, but not an adapter for my lenses. Because I’m going from aps-c lenses I’m looking at putting in an order for the speedbooster Ultra .71. But I have a question to you more technically involved guys; if metabones did make a specific speedbooster for the P4K down the line, how much better could that be? The Ultra .71 already pushes the lenses capacity in regards to the sensors size no? So there wouldn’t be a point to even create a specific speed booster, am I right?

I am not one of the technical guys, but when I owned the Micro, I had an issue mounting a couple M4/3 lenses due to an extremely tight fit. So a P4K specific speedbooster may be introduced to reflect the exact mount and filter thickness of the camera.

After watching the Shanghai fishing video and learning that the filmmaker used the Turbo II, I would go with that speedbooster, at least temporarily, until we know for sure if Metabones will or won’t make a P4K specific speedbooster.

48 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

If you want to save a substantial amount of money but don't want to compromise on optical quality then get a Viltrox EF -M2. Infact get the M1 straight adapter as well and still have plenty left over! No point producing a specific focal reducer for the P4k as it's just a stock M43 sensor size and mount .