Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Again, use the P4K with vintage lenses & it shines!

Low light was amazing & I wouldn't worry too much about the sun - the choice was made to see her & blow the sun. You've gotta remember it's the brightest thing you'll ever film & there will always have to be a pay off. There's also nothing wrong with crushing blacks or blowing highlights - it's a modern malady that tries to enforce that you can't do this.

1 minute ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Again, use the P4K with vintage lenses & it shines!

Low light was amazing & I wouldn't worry too much about the sun - the choice was made to see her & blow the sun. You've gotta remember it's the brightest thing you'll ever film & there will always have to be a pay off. There's also nothing wrong with crushing blacks or blowing highlights - it's a modern malady that tries to enforce that you can't do this.

Blowing the sun is not the problem, he tried to recover too much highlight detail, which creates a distracting, harsh edge around the blown-out parts.

10 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

the choice was made to see her & blow the sun

@Bioskop.Inc The sun will always be blown, that's hardly a choice. The choice was to try to save the detail in the clouds.

Having not seen the original files and making this up as I go along. I would have just lifted the shadows and left the sky totally blown out. I think it would have looked a lot nicer and still give the model some detail against the strong light.

4 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

The sun will always be blown, that's hardly a choice. The choice was to try to save the detail in the clouds.

Having not seen the original files and making this up as I go along. I would have just lifted the shadows and left the sky totally blown out. I think it would have looked a lot nicer and still give the model some detail against the strong light.

Something wrong with your quote, that wasn't me :) But I agree completely.

14 minutes ago, Deadcode said:

No. Even ProRes Proxy is 10 bit.

ProRes 4444 is 12 bit.

There is no 8 bit option in ProRes and on this camera. But i think this is not a problem.

I just googled to check, and yup, I got it wrong! Thanks for pointing that out. 

Am a little surprised then there is no 8bit option whatsoever as a more lightweight / quick turn around / long form option?

6 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I just googled to check, and yup, I got it wrong! Thanks for pointing that out. 

Am a little surprised then there is no 8bit option whatsoever as a more lightweight / quick turn around / long form option?

The quick turnaround is using ProResLT in Video mode. Why would you want 8bit, it's the past.

10 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I just wish there was 720p. ?

Is 8bit really going to change your turnaround time all that much? 

720p isn't a terribly bad feature to have either, say if you're streaming a boring loooooong corporate event that is droning on for hours and hours 

There are still plenty of TV stations too which only demand 720 or less