Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ok, I'm gonna call it... this camera has mojo. Its imagery is DBounce Approved!!!?

Still not sure how it will be to work with, but I'm feeling the image quality... enough so that I would look the other way on any minor imperfections. It will make a nice addition to the toolbox.

12 minutes ago, jpfilmz said:

lol wow looks like a clear shot across the bow of the C200.

I think this is going to play nice with the C200 and 1DXMk2. More so than the GH5S. I might pick up a couple of these bad boys. To bad no anamorphic mode. Hey BMD... 

5 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

Rolling shutter looks pretty minimal in the fast moving shot from around 0:40 - 0:50 on the mountain bike vid. That guy can rip too, wish I could hammer like that on my bike.

Chris

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 5.11.33 PM.png

That's C200 footage. 

Joey Knox, the filmmaker for the mountain bike piece mentioned that the battery life was actually pretty good. This is encouraging. I have been disliking all the smaller power options, but if the P4K gets half of what Joey describes I'll just stick with the LPE6's.

“My only concern was it used Canon LP6 batteries. I know from shooting on a 5D they can be a real issue in terms of battery life. But to my surprise, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K worked amazingly with these batteries. On the first day, I managed to shoot half a day’s footage with just one battery. It was a third-party battery too!”

I found this comparison video. I think the PK4 looks better. But no doubt like he says it is professionally graded. This camera is really pretty unbelievable for the money. But I think it is really a mini mini more than a pocket replacement that just happens to do 4K. In the long run that is probably a good thing to be honest.

And yeah, it does sort of look like a poor mans C200 output wide. Actually I think it is better. This camera is looking like it is going to be really hard Not to purchase.

Thanks man, I thought so, but since I couldn't find it written so clearly, I wasn't sure. Could have been Twixtored or something haha.

Looks pretty sweet for windowed HD, the cameras I've used that do that for 120fps gave a mushy, ugly image. Not here though, whoop.

EDIT: To save searching for the link, you can download the first set of RAW DNGs here. They're from the 'Mountain Bike' video.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera/gallery

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I found this comparison video. I think the PK4 looks better. But no doubt like he says it is professionally graded. This camera is really pretty unbelievable for the money. But I think it is really a mini mini more than a pocket replacement that just happens to do 4K. In the long run that is probably a good thing to be honest.

And yeah, it does sort of look like a poor mans C200 output wide. Actually I think it is better. This camera is looking like it is going to be really hard Not to purchase.

This is a ridicoulous video though. There is no way on earth the pocket 4K can compete with the 4.6K. (only advantage is its small size and low light capabilities)

33 minutes ago, Kieran said:

More footage, not from the Blackmagic channel this time:

This is lovely. It does have a similar mojo to it's predecessor.  The colours look a lot richer. I like this  A much better footage than I have seen so far.  I would let this camera settle in the market before deciding on picking up one or not.

I'm skeptical.

BMD are being so secretive about this camera and people like John have only had it for a little while to film very specific clips. Why would they send it to a Youtuber to film a day at the zoo? Then why would they not share that footage themselves on their own channel like all of the rest? The user offers no proof that they've used the camera, other than a set of recording details and a story laid out the same as BMD's descriptions. 

I can make a video and say it's made with this camera too and it seems like a good way to get views. Jus' Sayn'