Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
54 minutes ago, Myownfriend said:

I think the issue the milky blacks

That has to do more with the Contrast. I don't really like hard contrast. I can sort of live with just Log footage to be honest. I like to grade where it is different, not reality.  I have to have a different look or why bother. Sure if your like JB on a show you want to realistic. You follow your color chart to a Tee. But I don't have to do that.

"I think the issue the milky blacks". Yeah looking back at it it should be a bit higher no doubt.

I think it is better than some crushed blacks I see people doing a lot. You have about 5 stops of DR in Rec.709 when you do that. Hey if we all did, or liked the same thing it would be boring as heck. We could all just use the Arri LuT in Aces and away we go.

3 hours ago, Myownfriend said:

As someone who has no experience with BMD's newer cameras, I didn't know that was an option. I kind of love that ? Saves a little (very little) space when shooting certain things.

--

More likely turning down/off the inputs but still recording silent audio tracks.

I messed around with the Daylight Models shot a little bit. I went for a little more of a flat, matte grade. I really liked the color nuances in the whites and neutral colors in the set up, so here's my poor attempt... 

EDIT: Nevermind... as soon as I loaded it, the contrast was way more punchy than it shows in my NLE... Ugh. I really need to invest in a new computer with a calibrated screen.

33 minutes ago, mercer said:

EDIT: Nevermind... as soon as I loaded it, the contrast was way more punchy than it shows in my NLE... Ugh. I really need to invest in a new computer with a calibrated screen.

Heh, I can only assume mine is still calibrated. I lost my Spyder in a move, so not sure what everyone else see's how mine looks either! That can be a real problem LoL.But yeah it looks like something you would do on my screen. I like it.

Been lurking in this thread since the announcement. Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and put some color on the footage. I wanted to color it with the least amount of lift to get it looking good, so I chose colored it within Premiere only using the available Lumetri Color panel. No sharpening or grain correction (adding or removing), no HSL Secondary, just color. My rationale for this being that I think the BPCC4k would fair rather well on shoots for a media company who's main delivery is YT/FB/.Com etc. This is the world I currently work in professionally, and the skill level of a video team in that world can vary greatly. 

I think it fairs pretty well without going with an extreme pro level of correction, with fairly minimal time spent. Which is exciting when I'm thinking about projects where the deadline is tight. 

BPCC4K.png

4 minutes ago, IncriminatingPictures said:

Been lurking in this thread since the announcement. Thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and put some color on the footage. I wanted to color it with the least amount of lift to get it looking good, so I chose colored it within Premiere only using the available Lumetri Color panel. No sharpening or grain correction (adding or removing), no HSL Secondary, just color. My rationale for this being that I think the BPCC4k would fair rather well on shoots for a media company who's main delivery is YT/FB/.Com etc. This is the world I currently work in professionally, and the skill level of a video team in that world can vary greatly. 

I think it fairs pretty well without going with an extreme pro level of correction, with fairly minimal time spent. Which is exciting when I'm thinking about projects where the deadline is tight. 

BPCC4K.png

I love what you did with the balloon footage. I tried that but hated all of my attempts... so much blue, cool to see you pull the orange out of the sky.

3 minutes ago, mercer said:

I love what you did with the balloon footage. I tried that but hated all of my attempts... so much blue, cool to see you pull the orange out of the sky.

Yeah I really like the BM color science in this PCC4k, but it does skew cool in the highlights and mids for sure. I'm pushing quite a bit of orange and red into them for that balloon shot, using the color wheels in Lumetri. 

32 minutes ago, IncriminatingPictures said:

Yeah I really like the BM color science in this PCC4k, but it does skew cool in the highlights and mids for sure. I'm pushing quite a bit of orange and red into them for that balloon shot, using the color wheels in Lumetri. 

Pretty sure that was just what the white balance was set to.