Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

49 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Don't know if everyone has seen this, but BM is allowing us to download the files for ALL of the sample videos posted. Before I found this I had only seen the download feature enabled for one of John's videos. But they can all be downloaded here. - https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera/gallery

Let's see what you colourists are made of.

JB

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If these are camera files, why is the 'Nature' footage, which was supposedly shot in RAW actually a ProRes file? 

I also notice there's no audio on the clips. Were the mics turned off or have these files been adjusted for the downloads?

Grant made so many comments about the built in audio, but has given little info away on it.

It doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious ?

3 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Don't know if everyone has seen this, but BM is allowing us to download the files for ALL of the sample videos posted. Before I found this I had only seen the download feature enabled for one of John's videos. But they can all be downloaded here. - https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera/gallery

Thank you so much.

8 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

If these are camera files, why is the 'Nature' footage, which was supposedly shot in RAW actually a ProRes file? 

I also notice there's no audio on the clips. Were the mics turned off or have these files been adjusted for the downloads?

Grant made so many comments about the built in audio, but has given little info away on it.

It doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious ?

I had the audio in camera turned off in mine. You don't want to listen to me directing the cast and "handling" the camera.

JB

On 8/31/2018 at 3:36 AM, Jim Giberti said:

I can't imagine that John shot that at anything other 180 degrees.

And it looks pretty oobvious that he did.

Actually, he didn't. According to the files that we can now download, 'Close Up Night' was 192 deg and 'Walking Day' was 215 deg.

@John Brawley do you know / remember if that's correct? 

Also, that's what I thought about the audio.

5 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Actually, he didn't. According to the files that we can now download, 'Close Up Night' was 192 deg and 'Walking Day' was 215 deg.

@John Brawley do you know / remember if that's correct? 

Also, that's what I thought about the audio.

I think maybe 192 is right because we had some flicker from practicals but I don't think 215 sounds right for day.

JB

Ok, I wanted to see how organic/filmic I could get this footage without going too vintage. I was going for something filmic while still modern. What do you folks think? Ignore the low resolution image below... it's actually at 1080p and looks much better. Not sure why YouTube always show these awful looking placeholder images?

41 minutes ago, John Brawley said:

I had the audio in camera turned off in mine. You don't want to listen to me directing the cast and "handling" the camera.

JB

As someone who has no experience with BMD's newer cameras, I didn't know that was an option. I kind of love that ? Saves a little (very little) space when shooting certain things.

25 minutes ago, deezid said:

(where's the chroma noise from the vimeo clips?)

I think you might have crushed it in your grade. I still see it in my grade.

43 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

My grade on it.

Looks nice, add a touch more contrast and it will be singing. 

On 9/1/2018 at 5:18 PM, John Brawley said:

It's the same size.

Here's some examples of scenarios for me where using a micro that will be replaced by a p4K once I can get one.

JB

TR-103_BTSR_GD0010.JPG

TR-103_BTSR_GD0015.JPG

TR-105_BTS4_GD0016.JPG

Yes I've been on GEN 4 for a while with the Ursa's and of course the P4K and use them for monitoring.  It's VERY hard to go back to using VIDEO.

JB

I love these BTS production stills. And it still makes me happy to see your stripped down Micro rig. I may forego the P4K for the time being and pick up a used Micro and I was curious how you expose your Micro footage in these scenarios? With my limited experience with the Micro and Pocket, I would zebra at 90% for ProRes HQ. Do you meter your shots? Zebras? Waveforms or False Color? And did the P4K’s sensor change your method in any way?

50 minutes ago, Jocelyn Deguise said:

Ouch... is all I can say.

I agree. Grading went wrong - in many directions.

Somebody tried denoising the ISO3200 footage?
Works extremely well and looks way better than anything I could even achieve on my GH5 using ISO1600 actually...

Download here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wUgDW2keiCEiEKb9F3kSLOr6Pwm5u7uq
(used Neatvideo (70% opacity) and grading in Davinci Resolve)

BTW: walking-night footage is available now!