Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Most B4 HD lens with a doubler will cover a m4/3 as the B4 lens is 2/3" and with the doubler makes it cover ~4/3".  Worst case coverage wise should be some minor  vignetting at the very wide end (testing of individual B4 lenses is required.)  The issue is that B4 lenses are not designed for a single chip camera, but rather 3 x CCD sensor cameras like the Sony F23.  The B4 lens optically compensates for the different color channel arrival time due to being split by a prism,  so without a prism in the optical path the image is soft with chromatic aberration wide open at the wide end of the lens.  An optical adapter like the Abakus 132 compensates for the lack of a prism in the optical path.  In order to cover the m4/3 sensor an Abakus 132 can be paired with an Olympus 1.4x m4/3's extender, which makes the magnification factor 1.32 x 1.4 =  1.85x.  Ideally it would have been 2x, but depending on the B4 lens and how generous the manufacture was with their lens' image circle size there is a good chance it will cover - or require a little crop in post.  Once I have my Pocket 4k, I will do some B4 lens tests with different adapter combinations to evaluate them for both the 1080p cropped 120fps slow motion mode and the standard non-cropped m4/3 sensor mode.  These tests will include DigiPrimes, DigiZooms, Fujinon and Canon B4 cinema lens with the Tilta Nucleus M wireless follow focus as an alternative to the broadcast B4 zoom rocker grip lens.  I will do it in a separate thread when the time comes.

Here's a picture of the GH5 with a Fujinon 4.5mm 13x HD B4 lens, Abakus 132 Super16 to PL adapter,  Pl to m4/3 adapter and Olympus m4/3 1.4x extender.

IMG_9582.JPG

B4 lenses worked great on my AF1000 with the 2x extender in them. This is a 14x, and a 19x Fuji and I use a dumb 40 dollar adapter. I used it on my Panny G7 and GH3. Most of the cheap B4 lenses you find will have the servo motor for the power zoom burned out. You can swap most of them out, but I find it is pretty easy to zoom them by hand anyways. Zooming is not "In" like it used to be anyways. Now Focus Pulls yeah, but that is not a zoom function.

They are a bargain for what they can do. Kind of big on the G7, GH3 though. I Only paid 50 bucks for the 14x, and 150 bucks for the 19x, both from Adorama with free shipping. 

IMG_0941.thumb.JPG.6a9bbe19c0ee789a74ee443beb1dc81b.JPGIMG_0584.thumb.JPG.1190c54b9d9473fe9c7682c772014179.JPG

58ccc0b1c238c_IMG_10351.thumb.JPG.8b4c1f124cebcc32347839ef40211a01.JPG

13 minutes ago, jonpais said:

It looks pretty small when placed beside my wallet. ?

You would have to have a Damn big wallet if you paid in Vietnamese dong!

I remember when I was in the Navy in the 60's a Used Ferrari was over a Million Lira in Italy! Yikes. First Ferrari I bought in the mid 70's was like 5 thousand dollars. Needed the engine overhauled which I did myself but..

Was a 1963 like this one.  https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ferrari/330gt/1966385.html

26 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Well I know the know PK4 looks kind of big, but it depends on what it is placed next too.

1DX.jpg

It is big. I held it in my hands... And I have the 1DXMk2. Keep in mind that's a full frame pro camera... which is built like a tank and weather sealed. Also battery can last a day on the Canon. You will be happy with 40 minutes on the PK4. Also, no one ever said the Canon was a "pocket" camera. Pending real footage, I will buy the PK4, but I am expecting limitations and accepting them as part of the deal. If you do otherwise, you will be in for a disappointment.

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

That looks like a nice product for 399 bucks. https://store.n.ki/products/solidpod

And put a 256GB one in it. Good to go.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07864YNTZ/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

But - The Samsung T5 is a lot cheaper than that and has the memory built in... Unless you're looking for a way to avoid using the USB port I guess... That said a could 128gb CFast cards are around the same price as that option. Or better yet 1 256gb card is actually cheaper than going down the route of Cfast - SSD.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Delkin-Cinema-CFast-Memory-Card/dp/B01H5C79AE/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1534396663&sr=1-1&keywords=cfast+256gb

Also, what if the camera needs the card door to be closed? It's a possibility.

10 hours ago, DBounce said:

Pending real footage, I will buy the PK4, but I am expecting limitations and accepting them as part of the deal. If you do otherwise, you will be in for a disappointment.

Isn't that the case with every camera ever made? I can't imagine anyone on this forum expects perfection from anything they buy, especially not if they read the forum posts here and elsewhere. I can't think of a single piece of gear I own that I don't have something I wish was better or different on.

3 hours ago, graphicnatured said:

Isn't that the case with every camera ever made? I can't imagine anyone on this forum expects perfection from anything they buy, especially not if they read the forum posts here and elsewhere. I can't think of a single piece of gear I own that I don't have something I wish was better or different on.

I have seen images from GH5s and Terra 4K so I know what to expect as far as dynamic range.  I don't think Blackmagic should have any problems with color science either, so in that regard I have realistic expectations as to what the footage will look like.  I think the Blackmagic camera will have obvious limitations but not much different than people who come from cameras without autofocus and IBIS like 5D Mark III, etc.

1 hour ago, Savannah Miller said:

I have seen images from GH5s and Terra 4K so I know what to expect as far as dynamic range.  I don't think Blackmagic should have any problems with color science either, so in that regard I have realistic expectations as to what the footage will look like.  I think the Blackmagic camera will have obvious limitations but not much different than people who come from cameras without autofocus and IBIS like 5D Mark III, etc.

JB seemed to allude to the fact that it's not the same sensor as Gh5.....?