Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, jonpais said:

$1,300.00 plus storage and power solution, no?

You are allowed to buy extra batteries Jon. ? Who the heck shoots for more than an hour at a time with a camera like it is going to be anyways? I really doubt @FoxAdriano  is going to take it on Safari to Africa! ?

And I don't have the Studio version of Resolve, so it is going to cost me 995 dollars for the camera plain and simple.

6 minutes ago, jonpais said:

The camera retails for $1,300, plain and simple. And all pros shooting with the batcam will want to purchase a power solution. 

It does not retail for 1300 Dollars. It ALSO comes with Resolve, the version I don't own. If you bought the full version then you got screwed! What do you shoot that goes for an hour straight?? Most of your stuff I see is like 5 minutes long. If I shoot for 3 minutes straight I am doing good.

Did you ever own the original BMPCC? Hell it was good for about 15 to 20 minutes tops on a battery. You carried about 6 batteries in each pocket using it. This camera ought to be a dream compared to it. Heck my A7s with the battery grip is lucky to go over an hour straight.

1 minute ago, webrunner5 said:

It does not retail for 1300 Dollars. It ALSO comes with Resolve, the version I don't own. If you bought the full version then you got screwed! What the hell do you shoot that goes for an hour straight?? If I shoot for 3 minutes straight I am doing good.

What are you talking about? Where can you find the batcam for a grand, man?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1401512-REG/blackmagic_design_pocket_cinema_camera_4k.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_2r9afN3AIViYuPCh3LWw7BEAAYASAAEgJWufD_BwE

Your just silly Jon. That humidity over there has gotten to you. Yeah YOU are going to pay 1300 bucks for it, and you will end up with a extra copy of Resolve you can give to the Sisters of the Poor. They will pray for you.

I will Only have to pay 995 for the camera and 295 for Resolve. But hell you can afford it Jon. Tax write off. ?

14 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

It does not retail for 1300 Dollars. It ALSO comes with Resolve, the version I don't own. If you bought the full version then you got screwed! What the hell do you shoot that goes for an hour straight?? If I shoot for 3 minutes straight I am doing good.

Did you ever own the original BMPCC? Hell it was good for about 15 to 20 minutes tops on a battery. You carried about 6 batteries in each pocket using it. This camera ought to be a dream compared to it. Heck my A7s with the battery grip is lucky to go over an hour straight.

The a7s is outdated. The new a7* cameras can shoot for 2-1/2 to 3 hours on a single battery. Event shooters, vloggers, wedding photographers, documentarians, those shooting interviews or narrative - practically anyone can appreciate longer battery life. 

First, you exaggerate the cost of the Pocket, then the battery life - then you assume that just because three minutes is good enough for you, it must be good enough for the entire world. But I know you’ll keep digging in, because like you said, facts don’t matter, you’re just playing around.

6 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Your just silly Jon. That humidity over there has gotten to you. 

The humidity has worked wonders for my eczema. ?

5 minutes ago, jonpais said:

The a7s is outdated. The new a7* cameras can shoot for 2-1/2 to 3 hours on a single battery. Event shooters, vloggers, wedding photographers, documentarians, those shooting interviews or narrative - practically anyone can appreciate longer battery life. 

First, you exaggerate the cost of the Pocket, then the battery life - then you assume because twenty minutes is good enough for you, it must be good enough for the entire world. But I know you’ll keep digging in, because like you said, facts don’t matter, you’re just playing around.

People are not going to use this camera for long shoots. This is not a Corporate, Doc camera. That is Canon C100, C300 territory.  Vloggers, Weddings hell it doesn't even have AF worth shit. Yeah right.

You are not going to by the damn thing anyways, why do you care?

Just now, webrunner5 said:

People are not going to use this camera for long shoots. This is not a Corporate, Doc camera. That is Canon C100, C300 territory.  Vloggers, Weddings hell it doesn't even have AF worth shit. Yeah right.

You are not going to by the damn thing anyways, why do you care?

You keep moving the goal posts. ? First it’s 1 hour; then it’s like three minutes is good enough; then it’s nobody’s going to shoot corporate or documentaries; then it’s Jon’s not gonna buy it anyhow, so why should he care? ? You funny.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I bet 40% of the people that buy this camera will sell the damn thing on ebay in less than 3 months. This is not going to be a walk in the park camera to use.

These dire predictions of 40-50% of purchasers selling their batcam on ebay in less than three months are killing me. But totally irrelevant in light of the fact that we were discussing your imaginary $800 camera and two-hour battery life. ?

23 minutes ago, jonpais said:

You keep moving the goal posts. ? First it’s 1 hour; then it’s like three minutes is good enough; then it’s nobody’s going to shoot corporate or documentaries; then it’s Jon’s not gonna buy it anyhow, so why should he care? ? You funny.

How long are your takes at each time you turn it on record? 30 seconds, less than a minute? You can't change a battery every half hour or so. You really want some big ass bulky thing on a tripod with a V Lock battery, 7" monitor, big  microphone hanging off of it, and maybe a cage and on and on?  sure we can do that but, we might as well buy a C100 to do that. Plus you already have all that stuff.  So do I.

The only thing you need is a few extra batteries and some C Fast cards, and pick they baby up and go. ?

17 minutes ago, jonpais said:

These dire predictions of 40-50% of purchasers selling their batcam on ebay in less than three months are killing me. But totally irrelevant in light of the fact that we were discussing your imaginary $800 camera and two-hour battery life. ?

Oh now it's 800 bucks. Hmm, you are funny tonight. Oh I think even you will sell it if you actually buy one.. I think you will be disappointed as hell with it. Hell I might not like it. It is not going to be auto much of anything I bet.

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Oh I think even you will sell it if you actually buy one.. I think you will be disappointed as hell with it.

You’re kidding right? I’ve been trying to find a home for my a7 III ever since Ken Wheeler revealed the e mount is actually a garbage crop mount!

29 minutes ago, jonpais said:

You’re kidding right? I’ve been trying to find a home for my a7 III ever since Ken Wheeler revealed the e mount is actually a garbage crop mount!

Yeah that is pretty funny. I have known that for years. It is a E mount, same that was on the NEX-3. Nothing new to me. Sony FF lenses are called FE but it is still an E Mount flange. I am not really sure if they, Sony, really had making it work as a FF at the start. I guess they did?? It works, but it is tight no doubt. But it would not have been as small of a camera if it had a larger flange diameter.

I don't see how the new Nikon's can ever be as small as a A6500 even in APSC size. No way they are going to come up with 2 different mounts. They can't be that dumb. They should have changed years ago and they would not have this problem. At least Canon bit the bullet years ago. I am still thinking Canon is going to come out with their top one with a long Snout so they can use EF lenses on it with no adapter. Why make a new mount for FF. They would have a hell of an edge even on Sony let alone Nikon for all their existing lenses. Adapters suck, they really do. They are a weak link in the chain. You leave it at home, you brought the wrong one, on and on. They rarely fit tight, none waterproof that I know of, etc.

I just don't see some Canon Pro at the 2020 Olympics shitting around with adapters LoL. I guess they could Weld one on, or for that matter won't be a lot of BM PK4's there either I bet. ?

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

We once burned through 13 batteries for a BMPCC on a music video I was a 1st AC for. 

For my own personal BMPCC I had a simple solution: Sony BP-U30 (or even BP-U60), a couple of those can last me on even the longest shoots. 

38 minutes ago, Germy1979 said:

Well.  That escalated quickly.

Well. Indeed.

Out of Likes. Yeah they were pretty terrible but man the output. Lot better than changing a film cartridge like every 2 to 3 minutes minutes in a Super 8mm film movie camera I can tell you that! ? 

I really don't mind changing batteries often. I never shoot for long periods, and batteries sucked even more years ago. But yeah it would be nice not to have to worry about them. But no matter how long they last somebody would piss and moan they don't last 2 days. ?

1 hour ago, Germy1979 said:

Well.  That escalated quickly.

And to think all you need to do is quote the list price at B&H and say you’ll need media and batteries (which have come free with every camera I’ve purchased in the past 5 years btw). ?