Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
55 minutes ago, Federico Res said:

Here is the footage:

BMPCC4k footage

This is from a pre-production camera, keep that in mind. Enjoy :)

Thanks for the upload.
Video quality (when properly exposed) seems to be impressive. No signs of sharpening nor NR. Great color, dynamic range and detail.
Can't wait to get my hands on this camera (once it records more than 12fps) :D

29 minutes ago, deezid said:

Thanks for the upload.
Video quality (when properly exposed) seems to be impressive. No signs of sharpening nor NR. Great color, dynamic range and detail.
Can't wait to get my hands on this camera (once it records more than 12fps) :D

For me the footage is smooth for the first ten seconds, then it starts stuttering. But it is, indeed, very promising :D

9 minutes ago, Federico Res said:

For me the footage is smooth for the first ten seconds, then it starts stuttering. But it is, indeed, very promising :D

True. In terms of video quality this thing is at least C200 RAW territory, but 6 times cheaper! The EVA-1 should be slightly better in RAW (DR and resolution)

Some observations:

The clip is obviously dropping frames. No doubt the SD card the person popped into the camera wasn't fast enough to keep up.

The clip was shot with a frame rate of 25P. I figured this out by interpreting the clip at different frame rates and at 25 the sound syncs perfectly with the picture. You can hear the clicks on the camera when the operator was changing the exposure. Each click should sync with a change in brightness of the picture. And this happens when the clip is playing back at 25P.

All in all a good showing.

Most of the clip is overexposed/clipping. I extracted two correctly exposed frames from the ungraded material and exported them as 16bit PNGs (losslessy compressed). So, if you want to play with the material but don't want to download the whole 11GB:

http://data.pleintekst.nl/grab_1.1.1.png
http://data.pleintekst.nl/grab_1.1.2.png

And here a simple grade/color correction using Resolve Color Space Transformation from Blackmagic 4.6K film log to Rec709, luminance mapping + simple Gamma color tint correction:

grab_1.2.1.jpg

Looking good IMHO, with BM's signature smooth and rich image (no artificial sharpening, but with true detail).

28 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 14.06.25.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 14.06.35.png

Where are those from? Link?

What is the mount? Can't really see an adapter there (I am on mobile though).

That is the exact opposite of pocketable, but I am expecting most people to use a similar setup.

If anyone do not care for AF, a 18-55+Pocket4K combo is 1/3 of the money of a C200+18-80 in my country. 

Would rather have the second one, but for the money difference and versality, the first one does make a lot more sense.

24 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I’d still choose the Veydras unless you are crazy pressed for time. 

It is not "crazy", it is the most common situation, at least in my field.

Current corporate job, we have the common trio of EF lenses (18-200) and I have to change a lot of dozens of times per working day and that is the least of my concerns.

We have a car full of equipment and just 1 (me) and a half (DoP) people to do all the carrying, setting up, sound, using the cameras e.t.c same story in TV, and documentaries, live events e.t.c

Directors and producers do not carry anything -hardly themselves, and have no clue what focal length they want, so better to have a couple of zooms, instead of 5 primes!

I seriously looking forward to have a camera and 2 lenses combo for my next setup, hopefully parfocal with AF and a zoom rocker, not see it happen though.