Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Yeah, the US launch price hasn't changed. But there are some unexplained discrepancies between countries. Tariffs are a hot item right now. Maybe gotta do with those.

I see, that's no good! Anyone who's seeing that should reach out to BM because everyone who pre-ordered, regardless of location should be locked in at the advertised price of $1295 US.

3 hours ago, Snowfun said:

The incredible feature of Resolve is just how good and feature packed the free version is.  A real credit to BM. Am I correct in thinking that noise reduction is the primary benefit of the paid version? Looking forward to playing with that in the Pocket version. 

For a lot of things I still find FCP and the add-ons & plug-ins easier (but as a hobbyist I claim next to zero talent in this respect).

Noise reduction I think, maybe using more than one GPUs ?  3D and HDR mastering...  Not much of a difference really, but NR is the one most people miss.

JB

23 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

I see, that's no good! Anyone who's seeing that should reach out to BM because everyone who pre-ordered, regardless of location should be locked in at the advertised price of $1295 US.

No product can have the same price regardless. There are too many variables, and mostly taxes. For consumer electronic products, maybe U.S is the best place to buy, always was.

You should live in Europe, to taste the sour taste of extra taxes, very expensive V.A.T (24% in my country), and some E.U premium, just because..

51 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

No product can have the same price regardless. There are too many variables, and mostly taxes. For consumer electronic products, maybe U.S is the best place to buy, always was.

You should live in Europe, to taste the sour taste of extra taxes, very expensive V.A.T (24% in my country), and some E.U premium, just because..

I'm in the US, so I'm locked in to pay the $1295 that was advertised by BM.  I have no experience with price hikes after paid deposits.

Excuse my assumption that you guys that pre-ordered in Europe, or outside the US should expect to pay whatever price was set at the time of placing your pre-orders.

12 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

I'm in the US, so I'm locked in to pay the $1295 that was advertised by BM.  I have no experience with price hikes after paid deposits.

Excuse my assumption that you guys that pre-ordered in Europe, or outside the US should expect to pay whatever price was set at the time of placing your pre-orders.

Ha! no, worries, just imagine how we feel when we pay the prices here. 

1.295USD is 1.050euros by the way, so you get the point, it is even worst!

That applies to Japanese and Korean products too, much more expensive in Europe, Chinese are similar I guess.

5 hours ago, Emanuel said:

To me used to see dozens/hundreds of thousands invested on AVID systems before... let alone the hours paid directly in the film lab's bank account... all this seems too odd to read (without extreme roll eyes) several comments written on such completely nonsense posts, a little bit all over internet *phew*

Sanctimonious not?

Hi! Here are some good quality screenshots from a clip that was posted in a BMPCC4k Facebook group. I have the footage in my HDD (12 GB for about 4 minutes), I may re-upload it (original link is gone), but I already feel like a thief writing this post ^^

The footage looks clean and beautiful. No visible noise, just a fine grain. It is not really representative of the final output of the camera but it looks very promising.

I graded it with FilmConvert and the BMPCC video preset. No sharpening, no noise reduction

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z7p2hmyot33myhh/AAAULea367Tvyf3zJ4qYcHOZa?dl=0

19 minutes ago, Federico Res said:

Hi! Here are some good quality screenshots from a clip that was posted in a BMPCC4k Facebook group. I have the footage in my HDD (12 GB for about 4 minutes), I may re-upload it (original link is gone), but I already feel like a thief writing this post ^^

The footage looks clean and beautiful. No visible noise, just a fine grain. It is not really representative of the final output of the camera but it looks very promising.

I graded it with FilmConvert and the BMPCC video preset. No sharpening, no noise reduction

Thanks for sharing. 

28 minutes ago, Federico Res said:

Please, please post the original unaltered clip! We're like beggars desperate for a hand out!

15 hours ago, jonpais said:

Appreciate it. I just looked for my own card, couldn’t find it. Maybe it just existed in my imagination. ?

I just got into the studio and found the card, but annoyingly the Broadcast cam doesn't come with Resolve. I saw the SD while unpacking and building it up last week, and just assumed it on there. We do also have the video assist, but bought that last year, so I'll look around for the box and hope we still have the Resolve card with that. If I can find it, I'll install, I assume it'll be the same version you have. Hopefully I can then update to 15 easily. Either way, I'll let you know later today.

@Federico Res Please share that original file! You get 50gb free on www.mega.nz so it's easy to link.

21 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

I just got into the studio and found the card, but annoyingly the Broadcast cam doesn't come with Resolve. I saw the SD while unpacking and building it up last week, and just assumed it on there. We do also have the video assist, but bought that last year, so I'll look around for the box and hope we still have the Resolve card with that. If I can find it, I'll install, I assume it'll be the same version you have. Hopefully I can then update to 15 easily. Either way, I'll let you know later today.

@Federico Res Please share that original file! You get 50gb free on www.mega.nz so it's easy to link.

I found it, it’s Resolve 12.5, still wouldn’t open. @Cinegain thinks it may be the Lite version; he’s probably right.

16 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I found it, it’s Resolve 12.5, still wouldn’t open. @Cinegain thinks it may be the Lite version; he’s probably right.

Ah ok, well, you can download the Lite version of 15b1 on the website and try opening that?

Quick link for anyone who wants it: www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Speaking of the website, I just saw that on the Video Assist page, under the 'Work with Professional Software' heading, it says 'Since it comes bundled with DaVinci Resolve Lite......' So @Cinegain is right, and I'll stop looking for that card haha.

Here's hoping you have better luck with the studio version if you get the P4K @jonpais

What are we nicknaming this camera anyway? BMPCC4K? P4K? Batcam? 

7 hours ago, jonpais said:

Sanctimonious not?

LOL No, not at all : ) I even had to google it in order to improve my English now hehe I've learned a lot with you, pal : )) I only think as much as I appreciate to learn with older people than me, I guess people who have no memory of the past (even recent) also have something to listen from people with more experience, of course.

Besides to be really funny how people comment (as written in my post, a little bit everywhere wrongly spread on internet, so spread all over not exactly only here) on something which costed dozens/hundreds of thousands (pending on configuration) free now all included in a package with an inexpensive tool able to provide 12-bit RAW 4K... Oh well :-)

That was the point.

10 minutes ago, cantsin said:

Forget the SD cards, they only contain the free version of Resolve which you can download anyway. Resolve Studio comes with a USB dongle (the software can be freely downloaded as well but doesn't run without the dongle).

Well, the newer versions come with a license key, which is in the box. In fact, they had a thing I think last year, where you could send them info about your dongle, and they'd send you a new license code. I thought that key might be on the SD cards we have here, but as we've established... it's not. Perhaps it will be by the time the Batcam is sent out?

You can download the Studio version off the website too, and you can even instal it, but before it opens, it asks for this key.\

Either way, the result is the same, but I wanted to point out, we won't be getting physical dongles in the P4K box.

• Super Members

For me, @mercer 's unintentional christening of it as The Pocketii has stuck with me.

I'll be in Modena in July so I might see if someone can re-house it in chrome and leatherette with walnut finish loupe for the rear LCD with an eyepiece made from hand fed calf hide with accent stitching.

See if they can fit some chrome exhausts to the bottom as well.