Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, sam said:

1dc since its release.  And my old 7d is also alloy.  

So you are saying both of the bodies on those two camera are Magnesium: Really.

This is info of what I said about the Nikon bodies I just found.

http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/technology_guides/camera-construction-advanced-technology-guide-60492

Well 5 years of solid use and can still sell for $3k plus on the the used market.  So if you do the math its cheaper than upgrading every year. Not to mention you are not relearning every trick, feature, and setting of each new camera to get an optimal image. 

5 minutes ago, sam said:

Well 5 years of solid use and can still sell for $3k plus on the the used market.  So if you do the math its cheaper than upgrading every year. Not to mention you are not relearning every trick, feature, and setting of each new camera to get an optimal image. 

Oh I would love to have one but I am a bit scared to buy on that is cheap because of the Pixel Problem they are can have. There is a reason I think when I have seen them as cheap as 2000 bucks on Craigslist.

3 minutes ago, sam said:

They do have Google in Ohio no? Aaaargggghhh mmmaatteyy!!!

I think you will find the bodies are made of glass filled polycarbonate. Plastic to you.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Idk, I think the price is the price. I have a feeling, there may be a revamped “Pro” version of Resolve in the works, which will expand upon the Studio version and this is why they are giving it out for free with the camera.

No.

You need the included full feature version of Resolve to use the camera fully.  The free version of Resolve does not work with all the resolutions this camera has.

Yeah it can happen. I had that issue. Canon fixed it promptly for free if I remember correctly and even offered to overnight me a free loaner.  If you bought the 1dc new you also were a silver or gold or something cvp member for a year, so you could borrow lenses to test for free or cheap (I forget), and other perks. That's another thing to keep in mind. Reliability. Service. Speed. I guess you could just buy 3 or 4 pocket 4ks though.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Honestly, this is my theory. BlackMagic hasn’t been doing as well with their Ursa sales as they had hoped and with the release of the GH5, GH5s, C200, EVA1... higher end video/cinema cameras have become cheaper, so their market has dwindled and this camera is a way for them to get that market share back.

I don't think you're wrong. I believe the BMPCC sold like crazy. If they didn't have those 6 months or so of delays, the would have thousands more. The BMPCC 4k is apparently the most heavily pre-ordered camera on B&H right now. If it delivers what it promises, I think it will capture a Huge Portion of the Professional and Prosumer market. I also think that the price is reasonable because Blackmagic hopes to sell then in record numbers. Like maybe a few times of the original BMPCC (I am guessing they are targeting about 10 times as much or more). 

12 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I think you will find the bodies are made of glass filled polycarbonate. Plastic to you.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/cinema-eos/eos-1d-c

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/dslr/eos-7d

you can find on the Canon website that they are both Magnesium.

48 minutes ago, mercer said:

But there is this new technology I’ve heard about recently that could make all the difference... I think they’re called lights? Supposedly there’s this bulb thingy that has a filament in it and when electricity runs through it, it glows... that should get us another stop or two. 

I'm pretty sure one just came on directly over my head when I read that.

37 minutes ago, Cambob3000 said:

Is this a joke? I think everyone knows Canon has been making several Magnesium alloy bodied cameras for years.

Good grief guys! Are people really complaining that they would like to have a cheaper option of the camera without resolve? As if the feature set v price is not good enough!!!??? 

Get a grip all,  how many cameras come with any editing software at all let alone the industry standard colour grading suite!

This camera is what it is. For the price, it's Amazing. If you can't make it work for you that's your issue, not the BMPCC4K's. 

@mercer just creeped me out with the thought that the price might increase after the initial pre-order launch.  I feel like the price is absolutley right, like no second thought right. If it would be more around or up to 2 grand I be much more reluctant to actually get it or lets say suddenly I might start consider other options and possibilities...

12 minutes ago, hansel said:

@mercer just creeped me out with the thought that the price might increase after the initial pre-order launch.  I feel like the price is absolutley right, like no second thought right. If it would be more around or up to 2 grand I be much more reluctant to actually get it or lets say suddenly I might start consider other options and possibilities...

Nah, I highly doubt it will.