Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

2 hours ago, Axel said:

Not the smartest people at such events. 

I wasn't aware that HLG - us poor men's HDR - was in the menu:

BMPCC4K-HLG.jpg

This thing has a Hell of a lot of stuff for an amazing price of really just $999.00. You can almost bet by the time this thing comes out you will be able to Just buy the body without the Dongle. I can't see BM Forcing people to Re Buy a product they may already have. I know you Could re sell it but that is sort of a crazy way to market it.

Now maybe if you can provide a serial # for the full blown Resolve you can only pay 999 bucks, if not you have to pay 1299 bucks?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I can't see BM Forcing people to Re Buy a product they may already have. I know you Could re sell it but that is sort of a crazy way to market it.

Not at all...software distribution is basically free. So BM can claim if you include the cost of the software this is a sub $1000 cinema camera.  It cost money to manufacture, QA, ship hardware. Even at $1300 for a low volume hardware company it's quiet amazing. So I don't see them selling the camera without the dangle dongle for $1000. 

3 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

This thing has a Hell of a lot of stuff for an amazing price of really just $995.00. You can almost bet by the time this thing comes out you will be able to Just buy the body without the Dongle. I can't see BM Forcing people to Re Buy a product they may already have. I know you Could re sell it but that is sort of a crazy way to market it.

Idk, I think the price is the price. I have a feeling, there may be a revamped “Pro” version of Resolve in the works, which will expand upon the Studio version and this is why they are giving it out for free with the camera.

4 minutes ago, salim said:

Not at all...software distribution is basically free. So BM can claim if you include the cost of the software this is a sub $1000 cinema camera.  It cost money to manufacture, QA, ship hardware. Even at $1300 for a low volume hardware company it's quiet amazing. So I don't see them selling the camera without the dangle dongle for $1000. 

Yeah but why would you pay again for something you already have? That is sort of stupid. There is a hell of a lot of people have the Studio version, and a hell of a lot of them will probably buy this camera.

Just now, mercer said:

You’re not paying for it, it comes free with the price of the camera.

It is not free, Why the hell would you pay a premium for a thing you already own. What you going to do with the Dongle, there will be a million of them on ebay!

Before this camera was announced there was a short press release of the 2 prices I have said above. I think it may happen. And really, nothing is free.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

It is not free, Why the hell would you pay a premium for a thing you already own. What you going to do with the Dongle, there will be a million of them on ebay!

Before this camera was announced there was a short press release of the 2 prices I have said above. I think it may happen. And really, nothing is free.

But who would pay for a full price add on when there will hundreds of dongles for sale on eBay for at least $100 off the full price. 

The camera costs $1299, with the price of the camera, they are giving you free software. 

14 minutes ago, mercer said:

Idk, I think the price is the price. I have a feeling, there may be a revamped “Pro” version of Resolve in the works, which will expand upon the Studio version and this is why they are giving it out for free with the camera.

That may be very true if and when the camera, or all of their cameras get ProRes Raw. They All should be able to use it. BM is in a damn good position on this. Grant Petty is one smart cookie.

It’s like going to Walgreens and they have a buy one get one sale of paper towels. You are paying full price for the first roll of paper towels and the second roll you are getting for free. You cannot go to the counter and say, well I already paid for paper towels last week, so I don’t need the second roll of free paper towels, will you please deduct the price of the paper towels I paid for last week from the paper towels I am buying this week.

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

It’s like going to Walgreens and they have a buy one get one sale of paper towels. You are paying full price for the first roll of paper towels and the second roll you are getting for free. You cannot go to the counter and say, well I already paid for paper towels last week, so I don’t need the second roll of free paper towels, will you please deduct the price of the paper towels I paid for last week from the paper towels I am buying this week.

I will bet you a hmm, I have this crappy old beat up Canon lens that would work on your 5D mk III,  that you will be able to just buy the body down the road for 999 bucks.

I think this was just a way to keep them selfs relevant and that we won't see the camera until 2019, maybe some residual stock that won't even fulfill the preorders, and once in stock the price will be more something like 1899€.

Why announce a camera 6 months earlier...

7 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

I will bet you a hmm, I have this crappy old beat up Canon lens that would work on your 5D mk III,  that you will be able to just buy the body down the road for 999 bucks.

Now maybe, Davinci will give a 10% off discount to people who purchased Resolve Studio in the past 3 months... but I doubt it. 

But seriously why would I take a bet when the prize is described as... “this crappy, old beat up lens.” Lol. 

6 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

I think this was just a way to keep them selfs relevant and that we won't see the camera until 2019, maybe some residual stock that won't even fulfill the preorders, and once in stock the price will be more something like 1899€.

Why announce a camera 6 months earlier...

Prepare for a backlash in... 3... 2... 1...