Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

I can assure you that the "Deposit is non-refundable" text was there on Monday. ( it was when I ordered mine, and I'm 1st in line ) I have seen it on every pre-order product that I have ordered through them.

Damn, that sucks. The only reason I preordered was because I made sure 3 or 4 times that the deposit was refundable. If it wasn't I'd have just waited and got it a few weeks/months later.

In fact, I did a cheeky one and put in a pre-order at two different stores, both offer refunds on the deposit, so who ever ships it to me first gets my business, the other gets a cancelled order. Worst case, I get 2 on the same day and take one back, unopened for full refund and some lucky shopper can buy one without having to be on a preorder list. 

Edit: Both stores are listed on Blackmagic's site as authorised dealers, so I know they're legit.

For all those concerned about HRC's listing with the bmpcc picture, the picture has been updated.

http://hotrodcameras.com/new-gear-nab2018-pre-order/

27 minutes ago, RWR said:

"a credit card authorization hold occurs at the time the order is placed."

What exactly does that mean? Are any vendors offering refundable "deposit"?

Authorization hold is a funds hold that the place on your card when you submit the order, but the hold falls off, and is never completely processed until your order is shipped.

the weakest point of this camera will be resolution : with only 8 mpix on a bayer mask it means that yuv information will be interpolated in 4k. a 24mpix sensor that scales downs to 4k like sony a6500 will have 3x more details and it will be very easy to notice. 

On 11/04/2018 at 7:03 AM, jonpais said:

There's plenty left, @IronFilm . Many need IBIS for their work. Many need eye detection. Many need reliable autofocus. Many need good weather sealing. Anamorphic de-squeeze. A tilting screen. Wifi. Smaller file sizes. The full frame look. Any number of things. There is no camera to rule them all - never was, never will be.

On the contrary, numerous impartial observers following an evaluative trip to Las Vegas concluded that the A7iii was the "complete" package. 

2 hours ago, Juxx989 said:

And I swear they just added the small print that was not there monday: "Deposit is non-refundable" 

There is no way I plan on backing out but... somehow that doesn't seem legal. I paid with paypal though. 

http://hotrodcameras.com/BMP4k

I preordered from Hotrod immediately after the BM presentation and I can confirm that the Deposit is non-refundable line was definitely there when I ordered. I know for sure it was because it made me pause for a beat to decide if I definitely wanted to order at that moment. 

1 minute ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

I preordered from Hotrod immediately after the BM presentation and I can confirm that the Deposit is non-refundable line was definitely there when I ordered. I know for sure it was because it made me pause for a beat to decide if I definitely wanted to order at that moment. Maybe it was put in between our orders?

As stated earlier, it was there when I ordered mine, and I'm their first order.

2 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

I preordered from Hotrod immediately after the BM presentation and I can confirm that the Deposit is non-refundable line was definitely there when I ordered. I know for sure it was because it made me pause for a beat to decide if I definitely wanted to order at that moment. 

Any idea of the queue/number of preorders at Hot Rod?

14 minutes ago, hansel said:

Regarding HFR the website states that it shoots the usual stuff in up to 1080p60. BUT nothing between windowed 120fps and 60fps. It would be great to have at least another threshold of whatever fps before it crops in....

What other framerate would you want? The only one between the two, based on a 30p standard would be 90fps, but I've not heard of any camera that does that.

Well, it would be great to get the highest possible amount of fps without windowing. No idea about the tech necessary. Didn`t the gh4 did something like 96fps (no idea about cropping)? For me it is great to slow stuff down. I have FF 60p now if my 50mm becomes 100mm it is for me a not so desireable workflow. I love to have windowed 120fps, am blown away by it rather. But I will probably shoot surfing with it, something where the added reach is also desireable, or at least where I don't have to go back and forth between cropping in.

1 hour ago, hansel said:

Regarding HFR the website states that it shoots the usual stuff in up to 1080p60. BUT nothing between windowed 120fps and 60fps. It would be great to have at least another threshold of whatever fps before it crops in....

I shared a video (or more than one), where one of the Blackmagic employees says that it does upto 100fps non-windowed. 

46 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Long thread

Please can you re-post it?

Absolutely.

I believe he says it at 2:40 or so. I could be wrong. 

Actually each and ever interview with Pety and the Blackmagic guys is interesting. Because they all give interesting information Including why they didn't put ProRes RAW on it and whay he thinks about it.  

3 hours ago, amanieux said:

the weakest point of this camera will be resolution : with only 8 mpix on a bayer mask it means that yuv information will be interpolated in 4k. a 24mpix sensor that scales downs to 4k like sony a6500 will have 3x more details and it will be very easy to notice. 

So will the atrocious rolling shutter.  No free lunch.

1 hour ago, Dan Wake said:

will this camera have focus peaking and zebra?

Yes,  False Color also, but it appears it will not have Waveform, interesting why not? Well at least not now it does. I find it hard to believe they will Not have it in when it comes out.

On 4/11/2018 at 6:36 PM, Dan Wake said:

will be possible to connect one of those HDD to the camera and record on them?

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PA500B/dp/B073GZBT36/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523486149&sr=8-3&keywords=ssd+3.1

which will be the cleanest high iso? I mean 1600 iso may be clean enough? thx

Well it has dual ISO"s, 400, 3200. So 3200 Ought to be pretty close to what ISO 400 looks like, will be a little worse I am sure, but it may be good up to 6400 ISO?? But yeah, 3200 should be fine. Some have suggested it might be the Only ISO's that you should shoot at, 400, 3200 because they are both base ISO's.