Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, jonpais said:

You mean to tell me that calling cameras garbage is not offensive to the thousands of forum members who use those cameras every day? You deliberately use inciteful language to stir people up, then pretend it’s just about the camera. The other possibility is that you don’t realize how those words affect people - but I don’t think so, since your last response was worded in such a way as to not give offense.

No, because this is the internet... and since body language and tonality is lost... people (like myself) use hyperbolic language and flippant comments to emphasize points. Most people just roll their eyes and move on if they don't agree. It happens with movies, car, sports, ect...

And I'm not "pretending" it's only about camera.. IT IS just about the camera (and images)... if you're attaching some kind of personal connection this... then I don't know what to say. You're reading into things too far if you think this is about anything more than a literal image discussion...

I'm getting déja vu from the XH1 thread.. where every page was getting polluted by GH5 defense talk. :fearful:

i kindly suggest to jonpais not to get so personally affected by GH5 criticism.. let's face it the camera jus isn't as unanimous as it was a year half ago. times gonna change. that being said no need to feel threatened if you're still enjoying its output..

55 minutes ago, Django said:

I'm getting déja vu from the XH1 thread.. where every page was getting polluted by GH5 defense talk. :fearful:

i kindly suggest to jonpais not to get so personally affected by GH5 criticism.. let's face it the camera jus isn't as unanimous as it was a year half ago. times gonna change. that being said no need to feel threatened if you're still enjoying its output..

You have your point. I believe no one can say it from me there ; ) I just think here, there and everywhere there's no need to overstate it in a way that seems it is more crucial than really is. It merely depends more on the shooter skills than that camera, really. Trust me :-) I placed on Monday a pre-order for this new Aussie toy to couple 2x E2 Z cameras. And I was actually waiting for NAB because I will need to order more one or even a couple of GH5 units, so go figure. That's the record of this acquisition tool so 2017... LOL ; ) No other camera offers anamorphic 5K (I'd rather call it like that) than that device at similar price range.

47 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

You have your point. I believe no one can say it from me there ; ) I just think here, there and everywhere there's no need to overstate it in a way that seems it is more crucial than really is. It merely depends more on the shooter skills than that camera, really. Trust me :-) I placed on Monday a pre-order for this new Aussie toy to couple 2x E2 Z cameras. And I was actually waiting for NAB because I will need to order more one or even a couple of GH5 units, so go figure. That's the record of this acquisition tool so 2017... ; ) No other camera offers anamorphic 5K (I'd rather call it like that) than that device at similar price range.

Rather not get into the "shooter skills" argument. The way i see it, if you need IBIS, EVF, AF for stills, Anamorphic etc.. you got GH5/GH5S.

If you need Pro Res / Raw with a 5" display, pro I/Os & no in-cam NR/Sharp etc.. go with BMPCC4K. 

me? could care less about m43. waiting for canon or getting another fuji. :grimace:

latest?cb=20150101013518

Right. Different strokes for different folks : ) No IBIS for GH5S either but I obviously got your point : ) I guess one of the reasons why this 2017 camera will still be here for a long time. There's no outdated cinematic tools only outdated video technology and these cameras can be beyond that :-)

13 minutes ago, Django said:

tell me about it.. i just bought a 2012 C100 last month! LOL ;) 

I even produced a feature made with one also coupled to an external recorder (Atomos) in the US a few years ago, released three years later. All that Jazz still and forever up for many years to come as well, so... ;-)

I am an indie filmmaker, I shot my first feature on Sony HVR-FZ 1, back in 2009 and a year later Canon 5D disrupted the market. We toiled hard to get over harsh video look and deep DOF of HVR Z1 and then 5D made us look like fools. Even though many known filmmakers appreciated the screenplay, but harsh video look was stumbling block. Then every other indie filmmaker was coming out with "cinematic" 5D, 7D footage and our film looked amateurish. That got me started with DSLR and understanding them.

I was shooting Panasonic GH2 till last year and finally I got GH5. I was absolutely loved it. I though 10 bit is new standard for indie filmmakers now, especially those who can't afford raw. Just few months later Panasonic released GH5S, which is even more suited for my work. I didn't need IBIS more than low light capabilities. I was anyways juggling between between GH2 and rented A7SII and then GH5 and A7SII. When I heard they already had GH5s in mind even before the launch of GH5, I felt cheated. Panasonic like any other camera manufacturer was trying to exploit market. I am Panasonic fanboy since Panasonic DVX100 days.

And then comes BPCC 4K, it gives 12 bit raw, which even Panasonic EVA 1 can't deliver. If it has same or similar sensor as GH5s, I don't need A7Sii. I hardly go over 10,000 ISO even on AS7sii. And it is cheap. It will force Camera manufactures to reduce price on cameras like Canon C200, EVA 1, Sony F7 and F5. IMO Raw will be new indie film-making standard, if not already and 10 bit will be new prosumer standard. It may have lots of issues, but I won't shooting another indie on anything less than 12 bit raw. If budget permits I will go for C200 or even better. But in worst case scenario there is always BPCC 4k to fall back upon. Point is BPCC 4k will disrupt the indie film-making landscape just as Canon 5D did back then. 

54 minutes ago, Django said:

meanwhile Sony adds a picture profile to the FS5 and has the nerve to call it a MK2.. the hype train is real these days..

getting back to BMD, this is how you do a real camera follow up!

Sony were trying to do a Canon (around 5 generations or more of Canon entry level cameras had the same 18MP sensor).

Maybe if they paid a few reviewers, the reactions would have seemed more positive.