Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

5 hours ago, Mokara said:

Can't shoot much stuff with a shell containing no electronics inside ;)

WTH Where have you been yesterday? : ) That's SIMPLY NOT accurate:

EDIT -- @Danyyyel Thanks for your quick answer on my and others behalf. I hadn't seen yet your post to directly address such nonsensical misinformation, which only ends in undesirable FUD. Lack of information spread online can damage and become miserable to the other side focusing to make things happen.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am hugely excited for this camera, but having owned both the Pocket V1 and the Micro, I’m a touch wary about what else I have to buy to make the camera acutally work through the day. Whether it’s a ton of batteries AND enough chargers to be able to charge them all without me having to wake up at 3am to do a battery swap, or an OLPF for the Micro, there’s always *something else* that needs to be purchased. I’d love Blackmagic to sell an LP-E6 fast charger that can be powered off USB-C PD, especially if it can be run off an USB-C PD compatible power bank (like ones that can charge USB-C laptops), so I can put a spent battery into the charger and keep it in my bag through the day. Being able to rotate 3-4 batteries for all day location shooting rather than having to manage 8 batteries makes a HUGE difference for multiday shoots.

5 minutes ago, jhnkng said:

I am hugely excited for this camera, but having owned both the Pocket V1 and the Micro, I’m a touch wary about what else I have to buy to make the camera acutally work through the day. Whether it’s a ton of batteries AND enough chargers to be able to charge them all without me having to wake up at 3am to do a battery swap, or an OLPF for the Micro, there’s always *something else* that needs to be purchased. I’d love Blackmagic to sell an LP-E6 fast charger that can be powered off USB-C PD, especially if it can be run off an USB-C PD compatible power bank (like ones that can charge USB-C laptops), so I can put a spent battery into the charger and keep it in my bag through the day. Being able to rotate 3-4 batteries for all day location shooting rather than having to manage 8 batteries makes a HUGE difference for multiday shoots.

Is this what you want?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QGJ91A4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seems that it takes the same batteries as the XC10, and I have bought and tested the above and it seems to work ok.

9 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Yes 4K 120fps capable... See the E2 cam...But that needs external recorder, no? I think the internal processing power required for that is currently out of bounds of small affordable cameras.

I guess E2 cam will offer internal recording on CFAST 2.0 or it wouldn't make sense they are announcing it as restricted to 4K60p externally :-)

11 minutes ago, Lux Shots said:

The GH4. This was the first 4K camera at a enthusiast price point.

Earlier than that, the reason why we are all here and gave name to this forum I believe and bet, as well: 5D Mark II. Without mention, the earliest DVX100. Very enthusiast price point then :-)

16 minutes ago, kye said:

Is this what you want?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QGJ91A4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It seems that it takes the same batteries as the XC10, and I have bought and tested the above and it seems to work ok.

I've got two of those. They work pretty well, but not 100% reliable as far as knowing when a battery is actually full. I still like them though and are my primary chargers for my Micro.

4 minutes ago, graphicnatured said:

I've got two of those. They work pretty well, but not 100% reliable as far as knowing when a battery is actually full. I still like them though and are my primary chargers for my Micro.

Interesting.  Could you be a bit more specific about the problem?  ie, do they overcharge? or is it just difficult to tell when they're done charging?

The reason I ask is that I am flying out on Saturday for a trip and was going to take that as my only charger.  I've got two batteries and was going to leave them both in that charger overnight each evening to fully charge.

40 minutes ago, kye said:

Interesting.  Could you be a bit more specific about the problem?  ie, do they overcharge? or is it just difficult to tell when they're done charging?

The reason I ask is that I am flying out on Saturday for a trip and was going to take that as my only charger.  I've got two batteries and was going to leave them both in that charger overnight each evening to fully charge.

You should be okay. Are your batteries OG Canon or aftermarket? I think this makes a difference. Sometimes looks like batteries are finished charging when they aren't. Sometimes the light won't go on at all so no idea if a certain battery is charging.

7 hours ago, Luke Mason said:

It's a Sony BSI sensor, IMX294CJK, used in GH5S. The DR is about 12.7EV at base gain. The high gain setting loses a bit DR in exchange for low noise, it's clean af!

I am beginning to believe the photo mode on this camera will probably ens up being like the, what was it, the Oly EM mk II with a 4k Frame grab?? Probably will be in the 8mp range. Maybe not a frame grab, but I don't see how it can be much over 8mp. But hey that gets the job done for a lot of stuff. The sensor tops out at 10.7MP so it can't be more than. And I doubt that is even the effective output.

20 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

Glad you brought that up. I still seem a bit confused by the HLG workflow if outputting to SD

You just shoot in HLG profile and then is there a LUT for converting from HLG to rec.709??? Or is there more that needs to go into this?

And if so, do you need to use a whole different lut (and re-grade everything) if going to rec 2020???

When I grade HLG footage from the GH5S, I simply enable High Dynamic Range in Lumtri, and then set my HDR White Point and HDR Speculars by the waveform. Then I export in HEVC, HDR, Rrec-2020.

16 hours ago, Rinad Amir said:

Sorry if this has been asked but does it have waveform? Id be really happy as i always use it istead of Histogram 

It has false color though.

3 hours ago, kye said:

Is this what you want?

Pretty much, but I find those USB chargers are slow — takes a few hours to charge to capacity. USB-C PD runs at like 14v instead of 5v at I think 2A, so it puts out more juice meaning you can charge batteries faster (it’s how USB-C laptops accept charge through USB). A 1hr fast charger for a single battery would be ideal, so as one is depleted you should have a spare, and one mostly charged. If it can take power from a V-Lock battery that’ll be even better.

This isn’t an issue if you’re charging overnight, and charging slower is probably better for the battery anyway. 

Interesting question on Redshark News.

PiDicus Rex • an hour ago

Watching another sites video, there was mention of Proxy quality recordings - wonder if the new camera would be capable out CineDNG raw to the external media, while doing proxy quality to an SD card ?

7 hours ago, Luke Mason said:

Olympus 12-40 f/2.8

I think it's interesting that in all of the promo shots and in all of Grant's interviews the Pocket2 always has an Oly 24-40mm on it

I understand their choice from an aesthetic perspective it looks good on the camera...almost like a system.
But I have one pretty much always mounted on one of our Micros.
It's kind of a perfect "all around" lens for the new camera - a relative 25-83mm 2.8, it will allow for push AF and has great two stage manual focusing and it's the sharpest zoom I've shot with.