Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

26 minutes ago, jonpais said:

If Veydras drop to $500 and the GH5 to $1,000, I'm all in. But I resent people calling me a troll when I have practically nothing but good things to say about the Pocket, and only get edgy when people feel it necessary to trash my own camera, many of whom have never even shot with it. Is it sacrilege to suggest that if someone needs autofocus, they should look elsewhere? Or if they want to vlog? Or shoot underwater without a special housing? Of course not! And why pick on Panasonic? Why not look at how the Pocket will affect Sony, Canon and Fuji instead? Where does this hostility come from? It's completely unnecessary to trash one company to boost another. We get it already.

Even more: I'd rather beg everybody to argumentatively point mostly at comparative weaknesses - as also, but lesser, to advantages - or potential usage (non)applicability between brands.

I used, learned and enjoyed many of BM cameras to the point of sentiment of debtor - but I also had to live first with, for example, black contre-sun dots on monitor, cruel magenta shifting, breaking of unsolid inputs, humiliating lack of vital-anounce-point of GS etc. My advice would be - if advice has any sense at all - not to hurry with preorder... according to history of BM rushness, it easy could turn out that at the moment of full reliability of Pocket 4k there'll be similar or even more (personally of course) interesting option.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

@anonim Words of wisdom! But I'm in a rush to capture the true essence of what it means to live in Vietnam in unvarnished RAW.

I'm not at all worry about you - so surrounded with pictorial liveliness, with really (it seems to me) impressive percentage of beauties on the street and with Huang (?) as motivated and willingness actress. You really have all luxury behind you to shot with tiny garbage plastic codec of another, non-cinematic sub-league...

8 minutes ago, anonim said:

I'm not at all worry about you - so surrounded with pictorial liveliness, with really (it seems to me) impressive percentage of beauties on the street and with Huang (?) as motivated and willingness actress. You really have all luxury behind you to shot with tiny garbage plastic codec of another, non-cinematic sub-league...

???

Just another bored, drug-using retiree furtively shooting Vietnamese women in grocery stores with clickless aperture and posting clickbait. :) 

Oh yes, I forget about drugs (strangely because of frequency of imposingly suggestive mentioning) ... Although, I dare to say that even every shooting-retiree somewhere deep inside of mind dreams about bearing Tarkovsky in himself - which, actually, easy might be true in gems and in meanings of devotion, love-for-beauty and spirit of independency.

1 hour ago, Damphousse said:

Do NOT do that with a Blackmagic Pocket.  The build quality on this new camera looks a lot better but I think you will have many tears if you use it in a situation like that.

Stated operating temperatures: 0-40 degrees Celcius. Just so you know...

5 minutes ago, KurtAugust said:

Stated operating temperatures: 0-40 degrees Celcius. Just so you know...

They always do that, but the Micro cameras at least have been working also well on cold. Kind of a reguirement here in Finland :)

2 hours ago, cantsin said:

Blackmagic has clearly stated at NAB that the 1080p mode is windowed.

Upto 100fps HD is non-windowed. Also, he (the guy in the video below) hints at a few other things being added by way of firmware. Which effectively means that we should wait until all the features are stated. 

This also shoots HLG (I read or heard somewhere), for anyone interested in lower dynamic range with lower bitrates.

Btw, why do I feel that this is a 4096 x 2160 sensor (and Not 10+megapixel sensor). That's like 8.8MP compared to 10.something mega pixels on the GH5s.

I hope someone makes a large battery accessory for this that is like a battery pack at the bottom (like on DSLRs), and which powers it via USB-C or the locking socket to add another 2-3 hours of juice. And also adds a flat SSD like on the new Atomos recorder. 

LOL Not exactly prone to be a man of consensus for the whole time being but, that's the way I like to read these boards... : ) Andrew's family house :-)

Just for the record, CVP (England - UK - EU ; ) got 308 pre-orders last night until this morning. 89 looking for their web page while I type this one here.

30 minutes ago, Garug said:

They always do that, but the Micro cameras at least have been working also well on cold. Kind of a reguirement here in Finland :)

Or in the other side of the world (Brazil), these machines are a lovely surprise to anyone who doesn't know their outcome or may think on their eventual lack of responsiveness ;-)