Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 minutes ago, SR said:

In what sense?

We don't know if it is the one in the GH5 or the GH5s for sure. Hell it could be a whole new to them sensor for all we know. And they both take a different booster to work best. We don't know if it's multi aspect, on and on. We don't even know the MP of it I think.

Guessing I think it probably is the same as in the GH5s. But it sure is a guess LoL.

7 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

We don't know if it is the one in the GH5 or the GH5s for sure. Hell it could be a whole new to them sensor for all we know.

Oh, I assumed it was a different one, given its difference in size:

BMPCC4K: 18.96 mm x 10 mm
GH5/S:  17.3 x 13 mm

It’s a pipe dream, but it would be interesting if Sony, Fuji, Panny or Olympus enabled RAW HDMI out. But I just don’t think BMD is even on their radar. However, we do know for sure that Sony and Panasonic have a great working relationship with Atomos. The only way to effect change now as I see it is to bombard the forums with requests that Fuji, Sony and Panasonic enable RAW. If it’s even possible. The good news for Panny owners is that bcs their lenses are compatible, the cost of owning a Pocket just got that much more affordable. 

4 minutes ago, jonpais said:

It’s a pipe dream, but it would be interesting if Sony, Fuji, Panny or Olympus enabled RAW HDMI out. But I just don’t think BMD is even on their radar. 

If their reaction to the original Pocket is any indicator, I highly doubt it too.

13 minutes ago, jonpais said:

It’s a pipe dream, but it would be interesting if Sony, Fuji, Panny or Olympus enabled RAW HDMI out. But I just don’t think BMD is even on their radar. However, we do know for sure that Sony and Panasonic have a great working relationship with Atomos. The only way to effect change now as I see it is to bombard the forums with requests that Fuji, Sony and Panasonic enable RAW. If it’s even possible. The good news for Panny owners is that bcs their lenses are compatible, the cost of owning a Pocket just got that much more affordable. 

Yeah but now in a sense Jon we don't even Need a Atomos recorder anymore. It is all in camera, the same Codec the Atomos has, It is 10, 12 bit output. Heck you can hook up a SSD right to it also, that is what is the big ass deal with this camera. We don't even need a 5" monitor now, this thing is a game changer. I can tell you all these other company's better be worried, real damn worried. Just on the price of this thing alone, not counting the stats it has.

Why the hell would I buy a A7 mk III right now if I am into video big time? A Gh5s either? Ain't happening, and it is half the price. Like I said I think the A7s mk III is going to have to be the best thing since sliced bread and it better cost 1800 bucks to boot.

47 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Don, I really dislike brand wars - but I’d choose a full frame stabilized camera with great AF-C over the Pocket 4K, or even my GH5, for a many situations. 

Well I can understand this, it is not for everybody, but for a hell of a lot of people on this web site we now know what the hell camera we are going to have under the Christmas tree. If you are into video big time I can't see how you can not buy this camera. It is that good.

My problem is I can't afford two camera systems. So whatever this new BM does, that is what I am doing LoL. My Sony A7s is on the block as they say. Can't afford both systems. This helps a lot anyways. I can't afford hardly any native Sony FE lenses but I can afford a lot of the used m4/3, and this way I can go back to using B4 lenses on it again.

1 hour ago, mercer said:

Am I weirdo for mainly being interested in the 1080p Raw and ProRes? Plus the XLR... that’s just insane at this price point. 

Na. I'm thinking about 1080p raw with my 1.5x Iscorama for my feature, but a Pro Res raw update would make 4k manageable. It's the rolling shutter, color, and weight I need to know about before I jump in. An anamorphic mode would be nice too, especially for a smaller 120fps crop.

27 minutes ago, SR said:

Jesus Christ I didn't get enough sleep. And here I just wanted a better screen.

New to the micro43 sensor size here, but I'm planning on jumping in with a speedbooster and Sigma 18-35 (nikon or canon?), making it roughly a 23-45mm lens. Any suggestions for lenses that might pair beautifully with the camera for cinematic images?

Get the Veydras for sure. They’re compatible with m4/3, E mount and Fuji X mount. And only $800 apiece! The Oly 45mm f/1.2 PRO and Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN are also superb. 

5 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Get the Veydras for sure. They’re compatible with m4/3, E mount and Fuji X mount. And only $800 apiece! The Oly 45mm f/1.2 PRO and Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN are also superb. 

Excellent, thanks! Will start the research on those lenses. 

You guys need to learn how to hold your cameras correctly, and also how to pull focus. I have a few Cannes lions under my belt and I’ve shot with no ibis, non active lens mounts and finally NO AF for the past 7-8years. This camera is crazy insane, and also it’s freaking 1400dollars with tax!!! Like what stuff do you guys even shot?!

I still want to see sample footage. This all sounds great and I would think BlackMagic would stay true to their "look", but nonetheless I'd like to see sample footage before I pop the bottle of champaign. It just seems too good to be true for $1,300.

1 minute ago, Turboguard said:

You guys need to learn how to hold your cameras correctly, and also how to pull focus. I have a few Cannes lions under my belt and I’ve shot with no ibis, non active lens mounts and finally NO AF for the past 7-8years. This camera is crazy insane, and also it’s freaking 1400dollars with tax!!! Like what stuff do you guys even shot?!

Cats mostly.

4 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

I don't get the complaints either (and I have no Lions). This camera pretty much knocked the wind out of me.

I don’t see anyone complaining here. 100% total agreement. Which, quite frankly, is a little disconcerting. ?

2 minutes ago, SR said:

I don't get the complaints either (and I have no Lions). This camera pretty much knocked the wind out of me.