Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Troll.

Do you even have any clue how powerful this new camera really is? This is not a damn Panny G7, this is a mini FS7. This is a Big Time, Big Boy camera. The GH5 is like a every camera out there under 2500 bucks. I am not sure you have Never shot a camera in ProRes, or Raw video. It is what top end stuff uses. The Codec in this thing is Miles ahead of all the cameras I listed. This thing is a Pro piece of equipment. If this thing would have cost 3000 dollars I think it would be a bargain.

ProRes is top stuff. This is a list of the items that use it. We ain't talking this is in a G85, or a 700D Kiss camera! Pro stuff. AF-C, really that is why you don't like it, Really.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200321

3 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Do you even have any clue how powerful this new camera really is? This is not a damn Panny G7, this is a mini FS7. This is a Big Time, Big Boy camera. The GH5 is like a every camera out there under 2500 bucks. I am not sure you have Never shot a camera in ProRes, or Raw video. It is what top end stuff uses. The Codec in this thing is Miles ahead of all the cameras I listed. This thing is a Pro piece of equipment. If this thing would have cost 3000 dollars I think it would be a bargain.

ProRes is top stuff. This is a list of the items that use it. We ain't talking this is in a G85, or a 700D Kiss camera! Pro stuff. AF-C, really that is why you don't like it, Really.

I never said anything about not liking anything, Don. I would choose this for some jobs, Panny, Sony or Fuji for others. 

29 minutes ago, jonpais said:

First, it’s $1,295. Second, as @wolf33d says, to many, features like reliable AF-C are worth their weight in gold. And no drugs here, thanks.

This is not a Panny G7, this is a mini FS7. This is a Big Time, Big Boy camera. The GH5 is like a every camera out there under 2500 bucks specs wise. The Codec in this thing is Miles ahead of all the cameras I listed. This thing is a Pro piece of equipment. If this thing would have cost 3000 dollars I think it would be a bargain. The people that are going to buy this camera are Not going to loose one minutes sleep that Maybe it doesn't have AF-C in it. Hell maybe it does, I don't care if it doesn't. Plus I take lots of Legal prescription Drugs. And some of them are Pretty damn desirable on the street. I am sure you do also.

ProRes is top stuff. This is a list of the items that use it. We ain't talking this is in a G85, or a 700D Kiss camera!

Canon guy here.  Still own a T3i.  Bought a BMPCC for video during fire sale because... no brainer.

Blackmagic has done it again.  I have to see some camera tests to evaluate DR and highlight roll off but I have a feeling this is going to be a winner.  I just can't justify buying a different brand of camera.  Full Davinci resolve thrown in for giggles?!  Amazing.

4 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I never said anything about not liking anything, Don. I would choose this for some jobs, Panny, Sony or Fuji for others. 

Well I will agree this new BM is not for everyone that is for damn sure. It is not going to be a speed camera, or probably one you take on a trip of a lifetime. But this is a gift from heaven. This is a miracle and the price, I just can't believe it. It is most peoples dream camera on here, at least it is mine. This thing just made my Sony A7s look very Damn Old.  And it is a killer camera.

And for me it is 995. I was going to buy the full blown Resolve anyways even before this came out.

4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

This is not a Panny G7, this is a mini FS7. This is a Big Time, Big Boy camera. The GH5 is like a every camera out there under 2500 bucks specs wise. The Codec in this thing is Miles ahead of all the cameras I listed. This thing is a Pro piece of equipment. If this thing would have cost 3000 dollars I think it would be a bargain. The people that are going to buy this camera are Not going to loose one minutes sleep that Maybe it doesn't have AF-C in it. Hell maybe it does, I don't care if it doesn't. Plus I take lots of Legal prescription Drugs. And some of them are Pretty damn desirable on the street. I am sure you do also.

ProRes is top stuff. This is a list of the items that use it. We ain't talking this is in a G85, or a 700D Kiss camera!

Why do you keep insisting I take drugs? What is your problem, man?

4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

It is funny the way this camera is changing the way you address the GH5S model now, isn't it our good friend Don? ; ) I think we both know how Jon is plainly aware of the power of this BMD introduction and their new introductory price on this game now... :-)

The camera game is rough.  I feel bad for Panny.  I honestly thought about a G7 or something like that just to get a taste of 4k without breaking the bank on a GH5, but then... Blackmagic.

This thing is my next filming camera.  I will probably get a full frame Canon sometime in the next year for stills but Blackmagic has my video money.  I honestly thought about a C series camera but I'll pass for now.  I can get the Blackmagic and try that out.  Even if I don't like it for some bizarre reason it is only $1,000 (gonna keep Resolve).  The depreciation on this camera is going to be minuscule.  Sorry C200.  I'll let you plummet in price before I look at you.

17 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

The camera game is rough.  I feel bad for Panny.  I honestly thought about a G7 or something like that just to get a taste of 4k without breaking the bank on a GH5, but then... Blackmagic.

This thing is my next filming camera.  I will probably get a full frame Canon sometime in the next year for stills but Blackmagic has my video money.  I honestly thought about a C series camera but I'll pass for now.  I can get the Blackmagic and try that out.  Even if I don't like it for some bizarre reason it is only $1,000 (gonna keep Resolve).  The depreciation on this camera is going to be minuscule.  Sorry C200.  I'll let you plummet in price before I look at you.

Really, this is a game changer... Reminds me RED's proposal some other NAB a dozen of years ago but for indies, genuinely, this time :-)

21 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

It is funny the way this camera is changing the way you address the GH5S model now, isn't it our good friend Don? ; ) I think we both know how Jon is plainly aware of the power of this BMD introduction and their new introductory price on this game now... :-)

Well Jon is right, this camera is not right for the vast majority of people. It has too complex of a Codec for the average person for one reason. And I really doubt AF will be great, not that the GH5 is special either, and no IBIS is a bummer for a lot of people now. I must admit it would have been nice to have it. I am a tripod guy so in reality you have to turn it off on one, so no biggy to me it's not there.

But this Run n Gun trying to get Stabilization and AF right all the time I think is a bridge too far. Not a big fan of the Flying look and wonky looking AF that can happen when you push it too far. Now I don't want to see motion like crazy either. But different strokes for different folks. I mean I will probably buy a stabilizer for mine if I get one. There are times it works no doubt.

Jesus Christ I didn't get enough sleep. And here I just wanted a better screen.

New to the micro43 sensor size here, but I'm planning on jumping in with a speedbooster and Sigma 18-35 (nikon or canon?), making it roughly a 23-45mm lens. Any suggestions for lenses that might pair beautifully with the camera for cinematic images?

30 minutes ago, SR said:

Jesus Christ I didn't get enough sleep. And here I just wanted a better screen.

New to the micro43 sensor size here, but I'm planning on jumping in with a speedbooster and Sigma 18-35 (nikon or canon?), making it roughly a 23-45mm lens. Any suggestions for lenses that might pair beautifully with the camera for cinematic images?

Well trouble is we are not sure yet what Sensor this thing really has. So different Speedboosters for each one. And well Nikon or Canon, I would go Canon, but if you are into MF well Nikon MF lens better for that.

And about cinematic images my thought is that the newer lenses are Too damn good. I like the old film lenses, lot more character to them. Sort of like the old Zeiss CP.2's, not that I can afford one, let alone a set LoL.