Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, sanveer said:

It does 4k 60p. Has a less than 2x crop, and does 12bit RAW.

Thanks, I couldn't find any info regarding the 12 bit RAW and crop 4k60, all the info is related to 4k30. Do you have a source?

This camera looks insane, hopefully it won't be buggy like the previous one.

4 minutes ago, OliKMIA said:

Thanks, I couldn't find any info regarding the 12 bit RAW and crop 4k60, all the info is related to 4k30. Do you have a source?

This camera looks insane, hopefully it won't be buggy like the previous one.

Yes. Everything is here:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/in/products/blackmagicpocketcinemacamera/techspecs/W-CIN-12

49 minutes ago, cantsin said:

There's one overlooked goodie in the new Pocket: In 1080p crop, sensor size will be almost equivalent to classical 16mm film or 2/3" video. That means that all vintage 16mm lenses - such as Kern Switars and c-mount zooms - will work without vignetting. (They do vignette on the old Pocket's s16 sensor.)

Not sure about that.. as far as I can tell 1080 still use the full width of the sensor and it’s downsampled in camera. The camera records windowed when you shoot HFR @ 120fps though, not sure if there is an option to do that at normal speed also...

As far as using super 16mm lenses, I wonder if there's enough image to use them while shooting in 4k then crop to 1080p in post to get around vignetting.

So, everywhere there's talk of it's dual native ISO, but nothing I've seen says what this dual ISOs actually are. Tech specs sheet just says "dual native ISO up to 25,600". I'd be curious if it's the same as the GH5s, or if they've tuned it differently. 

9 minutes ago, tristan said:

As far as using super 16mm lenses, I wonder if there's enough image to use them while shooting in 4k then crop to 1080p in post to get around vignetting.

Well, I guess we all here will be interested to know and check if seems they've just invented a S16 1080p -> 2K HFR 120fps digital film camera going with that windowed mode... Quite of an achievement if so! :-)

6 minutes ago, tristan said:

So, everywhere there's talk of it's dual native ISO, but nothing I've seen says what this dual ISOs actually are. Tech specs sheet just says "dual native ISO up to 25,600". I'd be curious if it's the same as the GH5s, or if they've tuned it differently. 

ISO 400 and ISO3200

So in response to my previous question. I own only 3 lenses, all Nikon mount, Sigma Art 18-35 and 55-100 and 12mm Rokinon Cine DS. I assume the Sigma ones will work with an adapter as they’re 1.7x right? Any thoughts on the 12mm Rokinon? And using a speedbooster with non FF lenses would just be stupid right?

7 minutes ago, photographer-at-large said:

Imagine if Blackmagic''s next cinema camera is based on this chassis, except with full-frame sensor, and CanonEF-mount block.

I've no problem with full frame, but why in the world would you want to limit yourself to EF lenses? Mirrorless mounts give you so many more lens options, including EF. You might also want to wait to see what Canon does for their upcoming FF mirrorless mount choice; might be something new.

13 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

aIbvSvV.png

This is the funniest pic on the BM site. Clearly exactly as one would use it in real life. 

Those little Samsungs are amazing though, and the USB-C is as future proof as it gets right now!

Does anyone knows the weight?

Overal is similar to W and D to GH5 (slightly smaller, but barely) but longer, due to the 5" monitor. Pretty good.

BMP4K = 178x96x85mm

GH5 = 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm / 5.45 x 3.86 x 3.44 inch 

10 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

aIbvSvV.png

This is the funniest pic on the BM site. Clearly exactly as one would use it in real life. 

Those little Samsungs are amazing though, and the USB-C is as future proof as it gets right now!

Does anyone knows the weight?

Overal is similar to W and D to GH5 (slightly smaller, but barely) but longer, due to the 5" monitor. Pretty good.

BMP4K = 178x96x85mm

GH5 = 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm / 5.45 x 3.86 x 3.44 inch 

Still TBD 'cause of the percentage of plastic and carbon composite materials to yet finish it.

Clearly the way Grant Petty used in front of the press to announce the thing though :-)

3 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Still TBD 'cause of the percentage of plastic and carbon composite materials to yet finish it.

Clearly the way Grant Petty used in front of the press to announce the thing though :-)

This is something of the future, now!

I am sure we will find a way mounting the SSDs on the camera (if need be).

There are also tiny USBC 3.1 memory sticks that are cheap as chips, easily one can have a couple of 128GB ones in their bags, just in case.

Someone asked for old pocket battery solutions, and someone else mentioned rig this camera. My opinion is that while it isn't pocketable, seems like a complete package that needs much less accessories than the previous one to be fully and reliably operational. 

32 minutes ago, TwoScoops said:

aIbvSvV.png

Once the new cages are available, you'll see all sorts of storage and battery hacks. But being able to record raw internally to CFast will negate that for most other than long-format recording needs. It's a fantastic option, though, and with the DC-in port, this camera becomes very customizable. Power in via the DC port, storage out via the USB-C, external display/recording via the HDMI. XLR with phantom power AND 3.5mm jack AND 4 front-facing mics. This thing is ridiculously versatile. I'm shocked by the price. They probably should have priced it at $2K; it's not like there's anything else competing with it unless you require IBIS or front-facing display, but at this price point, buy a gimbal, IS lens, and/or small top-mounted monitor. At this price, you've got plenty of budget left over to customize to your own needs. I'm excited to see what they do with the 2nd gen Micro Cinema cam now.

Oh, and full Resolve 15 Studio, which now has Fusion functionality? Total gift!