Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

2 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Not that this will win some beauty awards, but it is nowhere as ugly as the initial renders. If you watch the pics on the Blackmagic site, it actually looks pretty nice.

Must be the make-up and lighting. :grin:

Blackmagic's website hosts the most airbrushed, processed set of images I've ever seen. I always chuckle when I go on there... Which is sure to be a lot more often between now and September.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, Anaconda_ said:

Blackmagic's website hosts the most airbrushed, processed set of images I've ever seen. I always chuckle when I go on there... Which is sure to be a lot more often between now and September.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

4 minutes ago, sanveer said:

Not that this will win some beauty awards, but it is nowhere as ugly as the initial renders. If you watch the pics on the Blackmagic site, it actually looks pretty nice.

Must be the make-up and lighting. :grin:

Ah come on guys.... we all know a cage, and other add-ons will hide most of its physical features.... why even care at that point?

20 minutes ago, DaveAltizer said:

Ya!

Can you ask them about the Ursa mini pro?
- Is color science 4 coming?
- are custom buttons possible and coming?

And about Davinci 15
-Also wondering about the stabilizer in resolve 15, if there has been an dramatic improvement or it is still the same shitty one?

Thanks!

Just now, hoodlum said:

It is the Canon LP-E6N so a big jump in power from the original BM Pocket battery of 800mAH to 1865mAH

They are saying about an hour of battery life which translates to 45-50min of real world  use. Not great. Will have to walk around with a power bank or utility belt full of LP-E6s. 

There's one overlooked goodie in the new Pocket: In 1080p crop, sensor size will be almost equivalent to classical 16mm film or 2/3" video. That means that all vintage 16mm lenses - such as Kern Switars and c-mount zooms - will work without vignetting. (They do vignette on the old Pocket's s16 sensor.)

1 minute ago, forofilms said:

They are saying about an hour of battery life which translates to 45-50min of real world  use. Not great. Will have to walk around with a power bank or utility belt full of LP-E6s. 

wondering if we can actually use powerbanks for battery via that USB-C

Well, if I accurately follow your point, Jon, I obviously fully agree on that one. Democratization arrived for all of us, not only a few. Massification of this art and craft, as much as media convergence, are a single goal for a few fighters amongst us. Truly revolutionary in hands of many. Coppola's dream to only post one of the dreamers over this front. This is the 'beauty' of such thing :-)

9 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Sounds about right.

7 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

- are custom buttons possible and coming?

It seems to have 3 Custon Buttoms in the Top Right part of the camera. Marked as '●' '●●' '●●●', with 'Functions' written immediately above that. 

12 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

And about Davinci 15
-Also wondering about the stabilizer in resolve 15, if there has been an dramatic improvement or it is still the same shitty one?

Thanks!

I've already downloaded and played a little with Resolve 15 and from these 30 minutes I can tell that it analyzes the footage at least 3x times faster than before but it's still inferior to Adobe's Warp Stabilizer.

2 minutes ago, heart0less said:

I've already downloaded and played a little with Resolve 15 and from these 30 minutes I can tell, that it analyzes the footage at least 3x times faster but it's still inferior to Adobe's Warp Stabilizer.

Thanks!! and god damnit!!! That damned warp stabilizer is the only thing I still need my adobe products for... Djeez I have been requesting this from BM for the last 3 years, I know I am not the only one who dislikes the stabilizer.

Does it make a difference if you stabilize through the fusion tab?